DJ Drama Interviews 50 Cent - Says Def Jam is Spikin the first week numbers of artists !

SionSion Moderator, AHH Content Producer, AHH EditorPosts: 20,416 Regulator
edited April 2012 in The Reason
Got dayum this is a really good interview.....

- he talks about the Rick Ross beef too

- said Def Jam is spikin the first week numbers of artists b/c Def Jam thinks that if the first week looks good more people will buy albums. Def Jam is using weighted accounts and mom and pops stores to get multiple scans (shots fired at Lil Wayne and Baby). Mom and pops stores make more money doing it. He said other labels even in other genres will see a 60% drop at best but Def Jam will see 70-80% drops and that's the reason why.....

- Says Forbes list is goin off of who's hot at the moment and says you really sayin something if you make the list without it being hiphop. Says u gotta do business on a whole nother level.

- disses Evanescence for getting Best New Artist - asks where the fuck are they now ? LOLOL

- talks about Drake, Ross, and the new generation of rappers

- says 2 Chainz might last the longest cuz he's been around for so long anyways

- For the mixtape guys and the guys tryna come up he drops valuable jewels about how the game works.....

Dude has some really good interviews, he says a whole bunch of stuff, check it out. I haven't heard it all cuz I just don't have time right now. I only heard the first 5-10 minutes.

http://www.thisis50.com/profiles/blogs/dj-drama-interview-with-50-cent-i-think-puff-already-called-the-p
ThaCerealKillaBcotton5redhandedbanditnohiphop1kacee139PanchoYoSancho-Vincenzo-blackblocSoloman_The_WiseBostonDrodwade206purpngold
«1345

Replies

  • AggyAFAggyAF chupa mi dolo Posts: 23,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • TurfaholicTurfaholic i love cakemix Posts: 9,781 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Very intelligent strategy.

    Now 50-Cent has an excuse for when "God Forgives I Dont" outsells his new album....

    The name-dropping, dissing, and circus stuff won't work in 2012 in regards to promo for your album, you gotta give people
    some Hot songs, and some dope visuals.

    Ross still never will go plat.50s single will outsell ross album ...if it ever drops.

    lmfao. first of all, singles and albums aren't equal. there are dude with multiple singles that are platinum, and might not even have a gold album. second, when you say "if it ever drops" you're talkin about 50's album right? cause last I checked no one was checkin for that, people are on the lookout for GFID.

    nobody looking for Ross except his core fans. He doesnt have the talent to gain new fans. 50 will always be 1 hit away from a comeback so detractors, fans, and nay sayers will always have one ear open for 50. Plus music is back in that Ja Rule pop state. My ears could really use some aggressive content.
    redhandedbanditThaCerealKillaAggyAFbirdcallaveliH-Rap 180DMTxTHCStoneColdMikeyinfamous114Soloman_The_Wiseyeah i rap so don't CoolJoeBostonDro
  • ROZAYTABERNACLEROZAYTABERNACLE Posts: 17,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    loch121 wrote: »
    Ross just ain't on 50's level.50 is Walmart and Ross The Family Dollar

    nah 50 is kmart. used to be hot until walmart became widespread. now you walk into kmart and swear you went into a time warp
    ThaCerealKillaStoneColdMikeyredhandedbanditkacee139rage-Vincenzo-Soloman_The_Wisepop dukepurpngold
  • birdcallavelibirdcallaveli Posts: 6,508
    dram f kennedy is tripping. blood on a gangstas grill is a much better title than the lost tape.
  • CirocObamaCirocObama Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate when artist does this shit. I'm not saying that i doubt that Def Jam has ever done this but however i don't doubt that Interscope have done the same in your favor though either, Fif'. That's my issue, when artist thinks their doing anything by dropping shit like this now when they ain't hot anymore or when speaking about other artists or other labels it just doesn't give you any credibility for your theory whatsoever. Shit like this is something that could've had made 50's shelf life a few more years had he done this back in 2003 and spoken about Interscope. It's easy to do with now in 2012 when you're no longer a relevant artists and your speaking on another label which just happens to have one of your latest rap-rivals on there and it just so happen that you have made not 1, 2 or even 3 comments like this about that same label more probably even 5 or 6 times.
    pop duke
  • H-Rap 180H-Rap 180 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Very intelligent strategy.

    Now 50-Cent has an excuse for when "God Forgives I Dont" outsells his new album....

    The name-dropping, dissing, and circus stuff won't work in 2012 in regards to promo for your album, you gotta give people
    some Hot songs, and some dope visuals.

    Ross still never will go plat.50s single will outsell ross album ...if it ever drops.

    Ross will never go Platinum and that's a good thing because Vanilla Ice, & Insane Clown Possee went platinum while Common and Rakim never went platinum....don't force it just make a Hot album that can go Gold instead of a Hip-POP album that goes Platinum.


    No thread is complete without facts & stats:


    Get Rich or Die Trying = 8 million (2003)
    The Massacre = 5 million
    Curtis = 1 million
    Before I Self Destruct = 430,000 (2009)


    Port of Miami = 850,000 (2006)
    Trilla = 750,000
    Deeper than Rap = 430,000
    Teflon Don = 700,000 = (2010)


    Never before in the history of HipHop has a rapper lost nearly half his fans or more from one album to the next.
    AggyAFStoneColdMikeyredhandedbanditnohiphop1kacee139-Vincenzo-Bender Rodrigueztru_m.a.cyeah i rap so don't R.D.pop dukeRahlowBostonDropurpngold
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 48,957 Regulator
  • loch121loch121 Posts: 9,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    loch121 wrote: »
    Ross just ain't on 50's level.50 is Walmart and Ross The Family Dollar

    nah 50 is kmart. used to be hot until walmart became widespread. now you walk into kmart and swear you went into a time warp
    50 is Walmart because he sitting on over 100 million while Ross is nowhere near that and 50 still has power that Ross doesn't have.I get the Kmart thing, but Kmart is till bigger than family Dollar
    ThaCerealKillabirdcallavelikacee139Soloman_The_Wise
  • GeE-757GeE-757 Posts: 6,441
    wasnt woodface tryna get lloyd blankz ova therr on defjam? so y is he even his muuunkee mouf? plus his stupid azz shouldve bought some lloyd blankz hfm2 albumz da 1st wk cuz blankz 1st wk numberz was WEAK!
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    Ross still never will go plat.50s single will outsell ross album ...if it ever drops.

    woodface need;d a cracka 2 go platinum woodface wouldve neva went platinum wit out his cracka slave massah so thatz CHEATIN! i dont eva want ross 2 go platinum if he gotta kiss a crackaz azz like feminemz im kool wit rozay just goin GOLD
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    nobody looking for Ross except his core fans. He doesnt have the talent to gain new fans. 50 will always be 1 hit away from a comeback so detractors, fans, and nay sayers will always have one ear open for 50. Plus music is back in that Ja Rule pop state. My ears could really use some aggressive content.

    u support da white cracka mob so ya opinion on hiphop is lauf'd @
    loch121 wrote: »
    50 is Walmart because he sitting on over 100 million while Ross is nowhere near that and 50 still has power that Ross doesn't have.I get the Kmart thing, but Kmart is till bigger than family Dollar

    smdh how does woodface have mo power then rozay MUSICALLY when woodface bawse is givin ross a 100k watch hell rozay even got JIMMY IOVINE 2 shake his hand & chop it up @ da superbowl u gotta b outta ya damn mind sayin woodface has mo power then ross
    birdcallaveliThaCerealKillakacee139rage-Vincenzo-Bender RodriguezR.D.RahlowilledoutBostonDro
  • AggyAFAggyAF chupa mi dolo Posts: 23,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    @H-Rap
    Tribe,Fugees,Pac,Nas,Wu,,Bone,Public Enemy,Big,DMX,Meth,Red and Outkast all went plat so what is Ross.excuse?

    people actually bought albums in the 90s/early 00s
    Soloman_The_Wisepop duke
  • GeE-757GeE-757 Posts: 6,441
    people actually bought albums in the 90s/early 00s

    that kat is confused cuz he said woodface SINGLEZ will out sell ross album when n FACT rozayz last album out sold woodfacez smh
    birdcallaveliBostonDro
  • H-Rap 180H-Rap 180 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion. wrote: »
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Very intelligent strategy.

    Now 50-Cent has an excuse for when "God Forgives I Dont" outsells his new album....

    The name-dropping, dissing, and circus stuff won't work in 2012 in regards to promo for your album, you gotta give people
    some Hot songs, and some dope visuals.

    Ross still never will go plat.50s single will outsell ross album ...if it ever drops.

    Ross will never go Platinum and that's a good thing because Vanilla Ice, & Insane Clown Possee went platinum while Common and Rakim never went platinum....don't force it just make a Hot album that can go Gold instead of a Hip-POP album that goes Platinum.


    No thread is complete without facts & stats:


    Get Rich or Die Trying = 8 million (2003)
    The Massacre = 5 million
    Curtis = 1 million
    Before I Self Destruct = 430,000 (2009)


    Port of Miami = 850,000 (2006)
    Trilla = 750,000
    Deeper than Rap = 430,000
    Teflon Don = 700,000 = (2010)


    Never before in the history of HipHop has a rapper lost nearly half his fans or more from one album to the next.

    Fif did waaay more than that for each of those albums. He went diamond on the first 2 fam and Curtis did 4 mil internationally. BISD is Gold btw. Im surprised u didnt add the G-Unit albums too. Cuz he did multiplat on those joints.

    LOOOLOLOLL negro please - Madonna, Michael Jackson, Bruce Springsteen, Prince, etc. have all seen sales declines now for Hiphop ? EVERY Rapper has seen a decline the longer their career. There is not one artist in the world not even the Beatles who doesnt have a decline in excess of or equal to Fif's decline in sales.

    I'm just giving you the numbers that were available.

    Yes, sales decline gradually but never before within a 7 year period have we seen such a drastic decline over the course of 4 albums.


    Take for example an artist like Ludacris who has 7 albums within the last 10 years (2000-2010) 4 albums 2x platinum, 1 platinum and 2 Gold but he has back-to-back albums that didn't decrease in sales which is a testament to his core fan base.


    Now let's look at Nelly who's discography and decline is somewhat similar to 5o-Cents.

    (2000-2010)

    Country Grammer = 8.5 million
    NellyVille = 6.9 million
    Sweat-Suit = 4.5 million
    Brass Nuckels = 500,000
    5.0 = 320,000


    See Nelly's sales decline was less drastic and spanned a decade in the industry but if we are wise then it's safe to assume that 50's next project will sell less than his previous and less than Nelly who had a 3X platinum single on his last album.


    Even the mighty Emenim has two back-to-back albums with no decline and an album that sold more than the one previous.
    ThaCerealKillaSoloman_The_Wisepop dukeBostonDro
  • GeE-757GeE-757 Posts: 6,441
    damn woodface really had da biggest fall off n HIPHOP HISTORY i now ja rule gotta b sittin back laufin @ da muuunkee KARMA is REAL!
    kacee139Bender Rodriguezpop dukeRahlowBostonDro
  • H-Rap 180H-Rap 180 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    @H-Rap
    Tribe,Fugees,Pac,Nas,Wu,,Bone,Public Enemy,Big,DMX,Meth,Red and Outkast all went plat so what is Ross.excuse?

    The last living artists on that list that went platinum was DMX & Outkast in 2003, almost a decade.
    (unless you count "Idelwild Soundtrack" that went platinum in 2006.

    After the Sales-battle in 2006 only 7 rappers have gone platinum (Emenim, JayZ, Kanye, Drake, Nicki, T.I. & LiL Wayne).


    the last street-oriented rapper that went platinum was Young Jeezy back in 2006, the same year as Ross debut.


    The Graduation Vs Curtis circus kinda disgusted a lot of fans because the focus became more about record sales than the quality of the songs and HipHop sales dipped after that, many people felt cheated when they heard the desperate cross-over attempts on "Curtis" also.
    pop dukeBostonDro
  • GeE-757GeE-757 Posts: 6,441
    ^ that pussy kat doll collabo on cuuuurtis was FIRE that shit was a hit LOL
    rageR.D.BostonDro
  • loch121loch121 Posts: 9,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • GeE-757GeE-757 Posts: 6,441
    edited April 2012
    loch121 wrote: »
    Ross and 50 gonna end up doing a song together

    nah i highly doubt that cuz rozay dont play that muuuunkee biznizz cuz like he said b4 on kiss my pinkyring cuuurly THAT MUUUNKEE TALK WONT DO IT MUUUNKEE!
    ThaCerealKilla_Menace_rageBender RodriguezR.D.BostonDro
  • TurfaholicTurfaholic i love cakemix Posts: 9,781 ✭✭✭✭✭
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Very intelligent strategy.

    Now 50-Cent has an excuse for when "God Forgives I Dont" outsells his new album....

    The name-dropping, dissing, and circus stuff won't work in 2012 in regards to promo for your album, you gotta give people
    some Hot songs, and some dope visuals.

    Ross still never will go plat.50s single will outsell ross album ...if it ever drops.

    Ross will never go Platinum and that's a good thing because Vanilla Ice, & Insane Clown Possee went platinum while Common and Rakim never went platinum....don't force it just make a Hot album that can go Gold instead of a Hip-POP album that goes Platinum.


    No thread is complete without facts & stats:


    Get Rich or Die Trying = 8 million (2003)
    The Massacre = 5 million
    Curtis = 1 million
    Before I Self Destruct = 430,000 (2009)


    Port of Miami = 850,000 (2006)
    Trilla = 750,000
    Deeper than Rap = 430,000
    Teflon Don = 700,000 = (2010)


    Never before in the history of HipHop has a rapper lost nearly half his fans or more from one album to the next.

    looking at Ross sales he never had as many fans as 50. He was on the decline as well until he jacked Game swag and name dropped on "BMF". Nigga went pop and made a unused Drake song his own for a few more sales. If Ross doesnt come out with a catchy single with a nice feature, his decline will continue. Teflon Don was a nice hiccup on his resume.
    AggyAF_Menace_PanchoYoSanchoSoloman_The_WiseBender RodriguezBostonDro
  • GeE-757GeE-757 Posts: 6,441
    edited April 2012
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    looking at Ross sales he never had as many fans as 50. He was on the decline as well until he jacked Game swag and name dropped on "BMF". Nigga went pop and made a unused Drake song his own for a few more sales. If Ross doesnt come out with a catchy single with a nice feature, his decline will continue. Teflon Don was a nice hiccup on his resume.

    DUH...rozay dont have a racist cracka gawd like FEMINEM as a SLAVEMASSAH so of course ross aint gonna do woodface numberz but it dont matter now cuz ross is out sellin woodface now & ross aint need no cracka 2 do that plus ya a white cracka mob supportER u cant say shit about rozay all u can do is fetch ya white cracka mob massahz sum lemonade & shyne they shoez while they call u NIGGA/N1GGER boi lol
    rageBender RodriguezilledoutBostonDro
«1345
Sign In or Register to comment.