DJ Drama Interviews 50 Cent - Says Def Jam is Spikin the first week numbers of artists !

1235»

Replies

• Sion. wrote: »
    Yo after listening to the whole interview I think this nigga might go at Drake.....

Now I'm gonna say it here first.... watch how many niggas currently hate Drake on the IC and watch when Fif comes at Drake how many niggas come out to cape for that nigga......

Like they did when Drake n Common had words

No you dumbass, name one person on this board who had a problem with common.

Hahaha damn!! got you all into your feelings.
    You pull up them old threads about that issue with Drake n Common and you'll see.....DUMBASS lol
  • harlem hustlaharlem hustla Posts: 1,453
    god forgives i don't I can't remember what movie he got that from.

Cory Gunz's Ep. lmao

nah it was movie cuz I liked that lil line when I heard it

• GeE-757GeE-757 Posts: 6,441
    Is 50 a loud mouth? Sure, is he way to cocky for his own good? Sure. But for anyone to downplay his success is out of their minds. 50 raise to the top is one of the best in Hip Hop History. He became a full fledge brand after GRODT. Between his debut and 2nd LP he sold close to 20 Million Records WW, only a few rappers can even claim that type of success. Has his sales decreased dramatically sure but not many rappers can even claim to move the records 50 has. Ross is consistantly a Gold artist, that's who his is and it seems that who he will always be. 50's success though is way beyond anything Ross has ever done beef or not, Ross cannot claim to be anywhere near what 50 has accomplished in this game. As for this interview, 50 just talkin ish as usual, the reason his sales have dropped is he caught the DMX Syndrome, he did not evolve and the fans got tired of the same formula. You can only do the street/commercial formula so long before fans get tired of it.

lol@ da bold u r DELUSIONAL....cuz woodface loudmouf has him stuck n a BOX on a island of his own n da 2k12 wherr his BAWWSEZ JIMMY, DRE & MARSHALL is hangin & givin out hand shakez, versez, giftz, beatz & headphonez all 2 woodfacez ENEMIEZ now cuz woodface is DUN...no1 is denyin that woodface sold alot of recordz but he was CHEATIN wit da WHITE BOY FEMINEM is on all his albumz & thatz CHEATIN iwanna c woodface go diamond wit out da cracka SHADY STAMP till then FUK HIS SELLZ...& of course rozay will neva do woodface numberz cuz he dont have a cracka gaawd like fEMIEM as a MASSAH/BAAWSE rozay is good @ bein a GOLD artist cuz hez outsellin WOODFACE NOW go look da numberz up WOODFACE LOST! & im not even gonna get start;d on how WEEZY is runnin lapz around da mUUUNKEE leavin woodface lookin like JOHN DOE MUSICALLY after get rich or die snitchin woodface gggay-unit mpire has been goin DOWNHILL imean just look wherr BLANKZ, YOYO, DUCK & GAYMEZ careerz r @ now nun of them is even GOLD artist NOW lol...
  • antarticpantarticp Posts: 8,274
    GeE-757 wrote: »
    antarticp wrote: »
    dude is actually right fif prob would have went @least plat on any label ... not sure if he would of had the diamond success with out Dr. Dre ... i cant really say em so much caause em didnt play to much of a role in that single except for the video side of it ...

but hes right that 50 Cent is the future mixtape is what kicked his buzz off ... dr. dre and company won the bidding war and signed fif for 1million bucks and the rest is history ..............

woodface was not goin platinum by himself i dont care wat u say he need;d da white boy & thatz CHEATIN he getz no propz...if woodface wouldve went platinum on COLUMBIA then sign;d 2 da cracka it wouldve been a different story but that shit aint happen woodface didnt go platinum plus till he was a slave fa a cracka,,,& thatz cheatin i wanna c woodface go platinum wit no feminem involved & no shady stamp on da back of his album!
    Jamaica wrote: »
    Lol good question

like i told gen woodface sheep r n herr braggin about his sellz when FEMINem made him a platinum artist & thatz CHEATIN!

i dont know GEE we talking in the time when anyone waas going platinum that had that right buzz ... and 50 didnt have the "right" buzz he had the "perfect" buzz ... im pretty sure if he signed with def jam he could of went platinum ..... however the hype and marketing power of Dr. Dre and Eminem is what i believe helped fif push to diamond status .... with out them i dont think he could do them recorrd breaking numbers ......

but in that time with the same exact story fif had with getting shot i think he could of @least seen plat success ... similar to drakes success ... fif buzz keeped rising drakes rose but died somewhat before the album dropped ... i think thats what would of happen to fif had he signed somewhere else besides dre/em ........
  • GeE-757GeE-757 Posts: 6,441
    edited April 2012
    i dont know GEE we talking in the time when anyone waas going platinum that had that right buzz ... and 50 didnt have the "right" buzz he had the "perfect" buzz ... im pretty sure if he signed with def jam he could of went platinum ..... however the hype and marketing power of Dr. Dre and Eminem is what i believe helped fif push to diamond status .... with out them i dont think he could do them recorrd breaking numbers ......

but in that time with the same exact story fif had with getting shot i think he could of @least seen plat success ... similar to drakes success ... fif buzz keeped rising drakes rose but died somewhat before the album dropped ... i think thats what would of happen to fif had he signed somewhere else besides dre/em ........

but that was not ja rulez 1st platinum album n 02 & ive been said woodface had da pefect situation wit da euromath/shady deal cuz gay azz dre not only provided beatz fa woodface he provided POLICE PROTECTION & da cracka feminem brought da WHITE FOLK & on top of that JIMMY IOVINE/DA MACHINE was behind it all so woodface was not losin n 03....but back n 99 2000 on COLUMBIA when woodface was betta known as BOO BOO he was not goin PLATINUM & GOLD was doubtful especially when he was makin trax like HOW2ROB 2 piss platinum rapperz off that couldve had his rat azz burried...thatz y when woodface got shot fa bein a snitch/bitch columbia drop';d him cuz they wasnt gonna waste money on a VICTIM who was liable 2 get shot again they saw him as a liablility thatz y they gave him his walkin paperz & woodface ran 2 da poconoz & start;d rattin & rappin doin mixtapez & shit & then he hook;d up wit 2 cross dressin faggotz n 03 & da rest is history but KARMA is real cuz woodface fell off harder than JA RULE did smh..
  • Black_SamsonBlack_Samson Can I Fuck It? Im Gonna Fuck It... Posts: 41,497 Regulator
  • antarticpantarticp Posts: 8,274
    GeE-757 wrote: »

but that was not ja rulez 1st platinum album n 02 & ive been said woodface had da pefect situation wit da euromath/shady deal cuz gay azz dre not only provided beatz fa woodface he provided POLICE PROTECTION & da cracka feminem brought da WHITE FOLK & on top of that JIMMY IOVINE/DA MACHINE was behind it all so woodface was not losin n 03....but back n 99 2000 on COLUMBIA when woodface was betta known as BOO BOO he was not goin PLATINUM & GOLD was doubtful especially when he was makin trax like HOW2ROB 2 piss platinum rapperz off that couldve had his rat azz burried...thatz y when woodface got shot fa bein a snitch/bitch columbia drop';d him cuz they wasnt gonna waste money on a VICTIM who was liable 2 get shot again they saw him as a liablility thatz y they gave him his walkin paperz & woodface ran 2 da poconoz & start;d rattin & rappin doin mixtapez & shit & then he hook;d up wit 2 cross dressin faggotz n 03 & da rest is history but KARMA is real cuz woodface fell off harder than JA RULE did smh..

i can dig it def agrree had he tried to drop on columbia even when he was hot he would of been lucky to go gold if that ....
  • 7thwardslim7thwardslim Posts: 1,238
    after listening to this joint........50 is the still the bitch ass nigga he always been........
  • (Nope)(Nope) Posts: 747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    50 needs to stay behind the scenes and Ross needs to kill himself via strobe-light .
  • c.b.b.c.b.b. Posts: 2,843
    CirocObama wrote: »
    I hate when artist does this shit. I'm not saying that i doubt that Def Jam has ever done this but however i don't doubt that Interscope have done the same in your favor though either, Fif'. That's my issue, when artist thinks their doing anything by dropping shit like this now when they ain't hot anymore or when speaking about other artists or other labels it just doesn't give you any credibility for your theory whatsoever. Shit like this is something that could've had made 50's shelf life a few more years had he done this back in 2003 and spoken about Interscope. It's easy to do with now in 2012 when you're no longer a relevant artists and your speaking on another label which just happens to have one of your latest rap-rivals on there and it just so happen that you have made not 1, 2 or even 3 comments like this about that same label more probably even 5 or 6 times.

Right, 50 is such a lame attention whore that he wants to call out other people for spiking sales just b/c he's not selling anymore.

Has there been a year when 50 didn't diss someone or try to bait someone in for recognition?

I definitely agree with 50 on the business moves tho and his advice on the rap game though
  • 2Fresh2def2Fresh2def Posts: 935
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Very intelligent strategy.

Now 50-Cent has an excuse for when "God Forgives I Dont" outsells his new album....

The name-dropping, dissing, and circus stuff won't work in 2012 in regards to promo for your album, you gotta give people
    some Hot songs, and some dope visuals.

shiiiid , fuck 2012, that bullshit aint even work in 09............. thats why ross is what he is today
  • 2Fresh2def2Fresh2def Posts: 935
    DaBull wrote: »
    lost tape dropping may 15
    album dropping in July
    Ross got no date

so ur repping a mixtape drop date?????? really????? thats whats hot in the streets now?????????? and as far as his album dropping in july........... lets not jump the gun
  • -Vincenzo--Vincenzo- Posts: 3,375
    edited April 2012
    at the end of the day fif just shot a movie with de niro and forrest whitaker with an 8 figure budget - hate it or love it the underdog is on top.
  • blackblocblackbloc Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if GIFD ever comes out i bet def jam buys at least 100k for the 1st week
  • thetruth391thetruth391 Posts: 2,367
    yall niggas count numbers like cheerleaders and shit

let me get some hate on this. yall niggas throw shade like tree shadows
  • blackbloc wrote: »

thats what they did for jeezy last album huh?
    blackbloc wrote: »

most likely def jam been doing this since kingdom come at least for their hip-hop releases. big 1st # or a 1# album brings in more media attention and some people will buy an album off that fact that its popular .
  • H-Rap 180H-Rap 180 Posts: 15,452

I guess Interscope didn't buy 100K copies of "Before I Self Destruct".......damn homie your own label won't even buy your album so why should the fans

:(|)

I guess Interscope didn't buy 100K copies of "Before I Self Destruct".......damn homie your own label won't even buy your album so why should the fans

they most likey didn't since bisd was expected to do around 170k and it did lower 1stweek. jeezy and ross last album just like c4 were tracking way lower up until the monday and gain shit load s of sales out of no where and beat the tracking expectations at the last mim by a lot.
  • H-Rap 180H-Rap 180 Posts: 15,452

they most likey didn't since bisd was expected to do around 170k and it did lower 1stweek. jeezy and ross last album just like c4 were tracking way lower up until the monday and gain shit load s of sales out of no where and beat the tracking expectations at the last mim by a lot.

Looks like Jeezy & Ross get special treatment from Def Jam while 50-Cent gets the step-child treatment from Interscope.

Much respect to Jeezy and Ross for having a label that has their back.
1235»