The Official Prometheus Thread (Release date - June 8, 2012)

Replies

• Dr.ChemixDr.Chemix Posts: 11,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you mean for what?? Who the fuck wants a PG-13 horseshit? Yo, I don't need my movies censored-show me that shit. Show that head being chopped off, I need a good laugh.

Fuck PG-13...in the movie theater with some 13 yr old broad still looking at her android phone while the movie is on.

And if they did do PG-13, it would have been a disgrace to the franchise...

You can't have aliens busting out of a person chest on some PG-13 horseshit

Anti_matterCitySojournerdontdiedontkillanyonAlready Home_17
  • Supreme_GentlemanSupreme_Gentleman #RapeCulture Posts: 19,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waiting for this shit to come out.
  • CitySojournerCitySojourner Posts: 505 ✭✭✭
    Yeah like other dude said, I haven't really seen a Ridley Scott film I liked since Gladiator, and I wrote him off after Robin Hood (how do you fuck that up?). But this shit is looking really good.
  • atribecalledgabiatribecalledgabi Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BK Product wrote: »
    they rated them shit R...the fuck? for what?
    sometimes they just rate shit R cuz they don't want kids in the theater. word to the king's speech.

but apparently prometheus is supposed to be violent & swear a lot.....as it should be.
    SeansosaBK Product
  • CottonCitySlimCottonCitySlim Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to ign i see how they tie in this with the other 3hand alien movies(4 dosent count). The distress signal with the aliens comes from one moon and promethues takes place on a few moons over. They both rotate one planet. The creatures in promethues trailer probally put the aliens on the other moon, we will find out why. Also we get to finally meet weyland and what he is after
  • MantequillaMantequilla Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭✭
    Seats booked, usually avoid the fuckery of any premier in general, shit should be epic
  • rapmastermindrapmastermind Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Yeah like other dude said, I haven't really seen a Ridley Scott film I liked since Gladiator, and I wrote him off after Robin Hood (how do you fuck that up?). But this shit is looking really good.

I actually like his brother Tony Scott cause he mostly does the action Flick. Ridley problem is his movies this decade have been hit or miss.

2000 Gladiator - Classic
    2001 Hannibal - Weak nowhere near Silence of the Lambs
    Black Hawk Down - Dope
    2003 Matchstick Men - Pretty Good
    2005 Kingdom of Heaven - Average
    2006 A Good Year - Weak
    2007 American Gangster - Dope
    2008 Body of Lies - Weak
    2010 Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves >>>>> This crap

So "Prometheus" he is trying to redeem himself. "American Gangster" was the last good thing he has done. Outside of Gladiator and American Gangster, he did 3 weak movies with Russell Crowe.
    stonefaceCitySojourner
  • stonefacestoneface Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭

I actually like his brother Tony Scott cause he mostly does the action Flick. Ridley problem is his movies this decade have been hit or miss.

2000 Gladiator - Classic
    2001 Hannibal - Weak nowhere near Silence of the Lambs
    Black Hawk Down - Dope
    2003 Matchstick Men - Pretty Good
    2005 Kingdom of Heaven - Average
    2006 A Good Year - Weak
    2007 American Gangster - Dope
    2008 Body of Lies - Weak
    2010 Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves >>>>> This crap

So "Prometheus" he is trying to redeem himself. "American Gangster" was the last good thing he has done. Outside of Gladiator and American Gangster, he did 3 weak movies with Russell Crowe.

Co-sign all u said except I thought Hannibal was pretty good.

• eyes loweyes low Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just copped the alien anthology on blu ray for 32 bucks on eBay it's the uk version but it still works on my blu ray player
    stoneface
  • KingJamalKingJamal Posts: 20,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imma be front and center when it comes out
  • OuncemanOunceman Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cant wait to see this and give me review of it. it currently has an overwhelming positive response from critics. i also thought scott made the best installment in the alien series
    Ounceman wrote: »
    cant wait to see this and give me review of it. it currently has an overwhelming positive response from critics. i also thought scott made the best installment in the alien series

Alien and Aliens are Classics for different reason. From an action movie standpoint, Aliens is one of the best so James did a great job dropping a Classic sequel and upping the ante. But I agree that the 1st Alien is the best cause Ridley skill to make it mysterious and suspenseful while keeping it really Sci-fi. The Game Changing movies up to that point was Jaws, Star Wars and Rocky. Then came Superman and Alien in the late 70's which changed their genre. But I actually enjoyed the 1st 3 Alien movies, it didn't get wack to me until Alien:Resurrection which I will not watch again. Alien 3 took it back to part 1 with one alien and no weapons.

• Mr.ForteMr.Forte Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant wait for this flick, shits gonna be epic.
  • fortyacres&amulefortyacres&amule wubalubadubdub Posts: 13,728 Regulator
    body of lies is hella underrated
    couple of days till I see this goatness...

yo I'm bout to have some of dat bluberry muffin blown in the wind...

Shit is going to be proper as fuck!!

Shit is already GOAT before I see it...
    edited May 2012
    body of lies is hella underrated

"Body of Lies" started out ok but fell apart by the end. With both Leo and Russell should of came out better than that.
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    couple of days till I see this goatness...

yo I'm bout to have some of dat bluberry muffin blown in the wind...

Shit is going to be proper as fuck!!

Shit is already GOAT before I see it...

Well I guess you live overseas since it's dropping overseas a week early, enjoy it man, give your review in this post but with No Spoilers. Can't wait to hear what you think. I like reviews from real people not paid off critics.
    Will MunnyBK Product
  • KNiGHTSKNiGHTS Mr. Fifth Letter Your ConsciencePosts: 3,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    starvin wrote: »

Video just confirmed it's a prequel to Alien with two words: Weyland Corporation. Seriously. Gotta watch this shit first day out now.
  • dontdiedontkillanyondontdiedontkillanyon Show me some love, you losers. Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Debating over whether to go and see this at midnight tonight or leave it for another day.
    Debating over whether to go and see this at midnight tonight or leave it for another day.

See that shit TONIGHT!

Spoiler Alert: Don't go to wikipedia...those assholes got the whole plot online. Couldn't those assholes wait at least till the US gets the movie?
  • dontdiedontkillanyondontdiedontkillanyon Show me some love, you losers. Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »

See that shit TONIGHT!

LOL. Yeah, I ended up watching it in the end.

Felt letdown by the film to be honest. The film looked absolutely stunning and Michael Fassbender was great (creepy as fuck), but the dialogue/script felt dire and it just wasn't much suspense or horror apart from two or so scenes. It felt like Ridley Scott was rushing the film as well. As someone that loves Alien it's pretty crushing that Prometheus just doesn't do the the whole 'Alien' universe any justice.

That's just my opinion before people on here start wetting their knickers and start getting angry.
    Vader_F_Kennedy
  • rip.dillarip.dilla Posts: 14,601 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw it tonight with weed in my lungs .. IMAX 3D

Sheer dopeness and a very brilliant script. Might win the Oscar for Production Design.

R. Scott has redeemed himself.

Scorsese, Spielberg, Coppola and all those vets should follow suit
    redhandedbandit
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Saw it tonight with weed in my lungs .. IMAX 3D

Sheer dopeness and a very brilliant script. Might win the Oscar for Production Design.

R. Scott has redeemed himself.

Scorsese, Spielberg, Coppola and all those vets should follow suit

That's Great to here, I've got my tickets for IMAX 3D Midnight for Thursday. It's been getting mixed to great reviews but I knew this movie was going to be a "Love it or Hate it" type of movie that will have people talking. Can't wait, only 4 days away.

• CopperCopper The WickPosts: 37,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
    will be seeing this tommorrow