I said it once say it again Jay Z is a wack Rapper to me get over it

Replies

• bull6599bull6599 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Lab BabyLab Baby Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    On a serious note, Jay's music, particular BP3 and WWT pisses me off cuz he seems to disconnect himself from any emotion for the sake of money, without a true reason other than being poor in the past and not having a father present. Now, that's cool in the beginning, but you can't be 40+ talking about ballin, especially when there's more pressing issues in the world, and in your personal life. Even songs like New Day and Glory seem robotic, at least less natural than Niggas in Paris and shit like that. That being said, for his limited subject matter, Jay is lyrically one of the best to do it, though he stopped trying since 09.

Sounds hypocritical
    ?

When people were saying they were disapointed with Bad Meets Evil cos of the lack of Content, Substance, Emotion, Personal Lyrics you typically get with Eminem solo records and how shock value Bad Meets Evil project was childish and people didn't like the lack of Substance and gimmicky silly Lyrics, Em fans stating the importance of his Substance, connecting with his listeners, spitting about his life etc

You were saying somethin very diffrent.

I respect lyrics regardless of the subject matter. If the artist can paint a picture, whether that picture be the struggle of a broken home, mackin bitches in the club, ridin in Prague in a roofless Ferrari, or going on a killing spree, I personally respect the art of it. Not saying I agree or can relate to Jay's approach, but dude can spit, even if it's about nothing. My thing is, with the power he has and the hold he has on pop culture, he has a responsibility to speak on more issues, and he chooses not to. Even the stuff he does talk about always goes back to money. Still, you can't front on Jay's RAPPING ability. I don't like Jay, but he's FAR from a wack rapper.
    Already Home_17angrymaninc
  • yeah i rap so don't yeah i rap so don't Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bull6599 wrote: »
    Why the fuck do we keep feeding this troll?

Want to see her naked
  • DiplomatsCamDiplomatsCam Posts: 159
    On a serious note, Jay's music, particular BP3 and WWT pisses me off cuz he seems to disconnect himself from any emotion for the sake of money, without a true reason other than being poor in the past and not having a father present. Now, that's cool in the beginning, but you can't be 40+ talking about ballin, especially when there's more pressing issues in the world, and in your personal life. Even songs like New Day and Glory seem robotic, at least less natural than Niggas in Paris and shit like that. That being said, for his limited subject matter, Jay is lyrically one of the best to do it, though he stopped trying since 09.

Sounds hypocritical
    ?

When people were saying they were disapointed with Bad Meets Evil cos of the lack of Content, Substance, Emotion, Personal Lyrics you typically get with Eminem solo records and how shock value Bad Meets Evil project was childish and people didn't like the lack of Substance and gimmicky silly Lyrics, Em fans stating the importance of his Substance, connecting with his listeners, spitting about his life etc

You were saying somethin very diffrent.

I respect lyrics regardless of the subject matter. If the artist can paint a picture, whether that picture be the struggle of a broken home, mackin bitches in the club, ridin in Prague in a roofless Ferrari, or going on a killing spree, I personally respect the art of it. Not saying I agree or can relate to Jay's approach, but dude can spit, even if it's about nothing. My thing is, with the power he has and the hold he has on pop culture, he has a responsibility to speak on more issues, and he chooses not to. Even the stuff he does talk about always goes back to money. Still, you can't front on Jay's RAPPING ability. I don't like Jay, but he's FAR from a wack rapper.

I can respect you your taste my thing is being objective i can admit to me mainly based on taste the Bad Meets Evil Shock Value type Rap isn't my thing at all

Substance/Lyrical Content is way too essential for me.

another one with substance

I heard these Songs cos i actually have Jay Z CDs burned i always listen to a RApper before judging them like listen to their catalouge and that Song didn't impress me like it may have you.

I will admit Jay has a good Flow but his Subject Matter, Lyrics, Hook Crafting, expressing emotion is total sh!t in my opinion

He can't make Albums i enjoy either. But i will say Reasonable Doubt his best effort was good.
  • AggyAFAggyAF chupa mi dolo Posts: 23,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can swear to God as my witness on my life i genuinley do not like Jay Z's Music so you can keep saying its a trap

But God being my witness i do not like his Music that is 100% honesty for the reasons given
    infamous114jonlakadeadmic
  • angrymanincangrymaninc Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

I heard these Songs cos i actually have Jay Z CDs burned i always listen to a RApper before judging them like listen to their catalouge and that Song didn't impress me like it may have you.

I will admit Jay has a good Flow but his Subject Matter, Lyrics, Hook Crafting, expressing emotion is total sh!t in my opinion

He can't make Albums i enjoy either. But i will say Reasonable Doubt his best effort was good.

Again you're entitled to your opinion...

now with that being said:
    please tell me what you didn't feel about the song i posted?
    was it the lyrics
    subject matter
    emotion????
    cause i gotta say he ain't miss in none of these categories in that song and that is just one song

what's even funnier is that on most jay-z song with subject matter he complains about how he dumbed his sound down to move units but if it was up to him he wouldn't rap that way
    jay-z after age 38, 39, 40<<<<

that i gotta agree with though nonetheless i am NOT feeling the shit he's been dropping after his "retirement" (save american gangster)

was it the lyrics
    subject matter
    emotion????
    cause i gotta say he ain't miss in none of these categories in that song and that is just one song

what's even funnier is that on most jay-z song with subject matter he complains about how he dumbed his sound down to move units but if it was up to him he wouldn't rap that way

Like the Song didn't make me feel ok i can feel Jay Z's pain, it didn't make me connect to what he Rapping about. It sounded too boring and dull to me the emotion wasn't there where i could feel the Lyrics and what he saying.

Subject Matter wise i couldn't relate either.
  • trilladelictrilladelic Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jay-z after age 38, 39, 40<<<<

that i gotta agree with though nonetheless i am NOT feeling the shit he's been dropping after his "retirement" (save american gangster)

u kno that was around tha time he really started gettin money, endorsements what have u..

neva shouldve gave that nicca money..

was it the lyrics
    subject matter
    emotion????

Like the Song didn't make me feel ok i can feel Jay Z's pain, it didn't make me connect to what he Rapping about. It sounded too boring and dull to me the emotion wasn't there where i could feel the Lyrics and what he saying.

Subject Matter wise i couldn't relate either.

everything said in bolded just again goes to prove that you're biased and not even from my liking the song just off your answer basically you're saying he sounds too boring for me to bother about what he's talking about

the reason i posted this song is cause i read your arguments and i obviously disagreed but this was the 1st song that came to mind (i could think of others but we not going to focus on that)

prove me wrong though and tell me how you can't relate to this subject matter?
    Though i must admit i might been hyocritical cos a lotta Rappers that have the exact same Content/Subject Matter as Jay Z his style of Raps about the same topics like Camron i like and find entertaining but just don't digg Jay's Music.

I got at people who liked Emotional/Personal Rappers like Eminem who Rap about alotta the same personal issues as him, use a lotta Emotion but don't like Eminem though i still think it's more so based on people who don't like him being un comfortable with a white Rapper doing that people even admitted this to be fair.

We just gotta leave it at people have diffrent taste nothin againist Jay Z just don't like dudes Music or Albums,.
    jonlakadeadmic
    Though i must admit i might been hyocritical cos a lotta Rappers that have the exact same Content/Subject Matter as Jay Z his style of Raps about the same topics like Camron i like and find entertaining but just don't digg Jay's Music.

I got at people who liked Emotional/Personal Rappers like Eminem who Rap about alotta the same personal issues as him, use a lotta Emotion but don't like Eminem though i still think it's more so based on people who don't like him being un comfortable with a white Rapper doing that people even admitted this to be fair.

We just gotta leave it at people have diffrent taste nothin againist Jay Z just don't like dudes Music or Albums,.

i thought i had learned my lesson from that biggie hate thread and thought i wouldn't reply no more...

but you mentioned eminem i am not a big fan dude can spit but like you said i don't relate to all his clowning bs

however i ain't going to say that bizarre is nicer than eminem what the fuck kinda bullshit would that be???

on some other shit like i said i am not a fan of eminem but i will admit that this dude can spit AND THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE TWEEN ME AND YOU

I have no time to hate and there's no way in hell i would do a thread saying that em is wack

i thought i had learned my lesson from that biggie hate thread and thought i wouldn't reply no more...

but you mentioned eminem i am not a big fan dude can spit but like you said i don't relate to all his clowning bs

however i ain't going to say that bizarre is nicer than eminem what the fuck kinda bullshit would that be???

on some other shit like i said i am not a fan of eminem but i will admit that this dude can spit AND THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE TWEEN ME AND YOU

I have no time to hate and there's no way in hell i would do a thread saying that em is wack

See this where you made your self look like a hater
  • IceBergTaylorIceBergTaylor The Spectacular Posts: 14,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

The irony in this post
    ROZAYTABERNACLECain

please tell me how i did so?