The OTTB Wrestling News Thread

Replies

• nujerz84nujerz84 Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats fucking retarded not to have Rock and Brock on every Monday Night Raw leading up to WM...
  • peagle05peagle05 The People's Mod Posts: 25,041 Regulator
    king mocha wrote: »
    During a recent radio appearance, Dolph Ziggler discussed the Rock's return and how it may benefit him. Here is what he had to say…

"He is back to bring more eyes to WWE than maybe wouldn't have been on them. The whole thing is to get a new audience to cross over and enjoy our show. In the long run, him being in that spot and coming back and giving back to WWE will bring - hopefully - lots of eyes who normally wouldn't see it.

They go, 'Hey, I'm going to watch WrestleMania for The Rock. Oh, Dolph Ziggler stole the show. I'm going to watch next Monday when Rock isn't around.'

"We used to be like, 'Oh, he's in a couple of movies, he's coming back.' But, he's a huge star. It's great for WWE and just another feather in his cap for him."

the one dude that appears to have any sense. use that shit to your advantage
    king mochaCopper
  • king mochaking mocha Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    king mocha wrote: »
    that sneaky ass vinnie mac. reminds me of the limo blowing up storyline. had people believing that had really happened
    Why would anyone believe that?
    man
    man, they somehow had that shown on late night news. i dont know how they did it but it was on there
  • twizza 77twizza 77 Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TNA going on the road is a good move. They'll make money from people who want to go to a live event, instead of getting people with comped tix.
    Bret was recently interviewed and shared his candid feelings on Triple H. Here is what he had to say...

"I have a certain amount of respect for Triple H. I remember when he first came in, I remember commenting on stuff that he did. Because I'd usually give wrestlers my thoughts and try to help them on stuff... Triple H has always been a good wrestler. But great? What is he now, a 1,000 time world champion? How great really is he?

"I look at [CM] Punk... I can look at certain wrestlers and I go, this guy is an innovator. Like a Rey Mysterio, who's done stuff that no one has ever thought of before. Punk has done stuff -- really unique moves and you go, 'gee I've never seen anything like that before.' They innovate all the time, and they create new sequences and moves and things.

"Then you look at someone like Triple H. When I look at him -- he's always had a good look as far as his body went -- he always had a pretty muscular physique. But you look at someone like Hunter and you wonder, what has he really done. One move that he ever created that nobody ever saw before or some highspots or an idea for a match... He's mostly a guy that just showed up and they made him. He's always been a decent wrestler -- I would consider him a good wrestler and pretty talented. But great? I don't know, I don't think so.
    JokerKingVIBEPeezy_Jenkinslion_heart
    more from Bret:

"What has he ever done that's great? He's never had a great match, I don't think ever. Whenever I look at Triple H's matches, including the last one he had with Undertaker -- and I don't really mean it as a knock -- but I told myself before I watched it because I'm trying to like Paul now these days, that I want to see him do something to make me think he's got greatness in him.

"Before Triple H wrestled Undertaker last year, I remember watching it and going, 'I can picture the whole match in my head, I can tell you exactly what this match is going to be like and how it's going to go. And I remember watching it and it went exactly how I predicted it... I thought it was mediocre at best, maybe a 4 out of 10, or 3 out of 10.

"I think Paul is a little overrated... overrated for being great. I can sit here and tell you that there was one match that he ever had with anybody that I thought was great. It's kind of a shame, he should have a great match somewhere.
    JokerKingVIBETheBossmaninfamous114
  • Chi-Town BullyChi-Town Bully Posts: 16,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im probably the biggest Bret fan but dude be coming off bitter as hell in his old age
    VIBEpeagle05lion_heart
  • VIBEVIBE Awww Yeeaah! Posts: 39,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bret is bias as fuck LOL
    iKingGodGivBizlion_heart
  • TheBossmanTheBossman Selling Candy Getting Money Making the Greenbax. Posts: 15,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he's right. hhh doesn't have many GOAT matches, like all the other legends.
  • Peezy_JenkinsPeezy_Jenkins Artist/Producer #Hustlin #VegasLights Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont know if there is any way possible i could agree wit bret more, c/s him 2 hunna percent
  • Max.Max. real talk you look like fuckn squirrel son Posts: 18,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish i could get back into wrestling shit was goat
  • VIBEVIBE Awww Yeeaah! Posts: 39,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Publicity stunts.
  • KillaChamKillaCham M0D SQUAD™ Posts: 8,259 Regulator
    Bo Dallas' Royal Rumble Participation Bumps Surprise Entrant, Interesting Dallas Fact

According to The Wrestling Observer, WWE's decision to enter Bo Dallas into the Royal Rumble bumped Shelton Benjamin from making a surprise appearance in the match. Benjamin was in town working an indy show and was going to make a surprise appearance in the bout, however WWE decided to run the NXT tournament and give the spot to Bo Dallas instead.

In related news, Bo Dallas became the first Royal Rumble entrant in match history who was not born when the first Royal Rumble match took place.
    genocidecutterbuffalo butt
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 51,148 Regulator
    Bret said what ive been saying for awhile now Hunter is good but overrated
    TheBossmanPeezy_Jenkins
  • TRILLip BrooksTRILLip Brooks Lefty Gunz, Lord High Executioner Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    2/3 Falls vs The Rock at Fully Loaded 98
    Ladder Match vs The Rock Summerslam 98
    Royal Rumble and No Way Out 2000 vs Foley
    Survivor Series 2000 and No Way Out 2001 vs Austin
    Summerslam 02 vs Shawn Michaels
    Wreslemania 20 Triple Threat Match vs Chris Benoit and Shawn Michaels
    Wrestleamnia 17, 27 and 28 vs Undertaker

^^^ All great Matches

I don't even Fuck with HHH like that, but Bret come off as a bias hater
    TheBossmanPeezy_Jenkins
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 51,148 Regulator
    lol at Chris Benoit
  • TheBossmanTheBossman Selling Candy Getting Money Making the Greenbax. Posts: 15,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morris Day wrote: »

^^^ All great Matches

NEGRO PLEASE!

all them matches are forgettable.

we talking GOAT matches bruh. all wrestlers have had great matches in their careers.

oh and btw the first match with takers was good, the second one was wack. and their a huge gap in time between wrestlemania 20 and wrestlemania 27.
    edited February 2013
    personally my favorite hhh was against cena at wm22. the atmosphere in the building was crazy. still not a goat match but really good.

shit come to think about it, cena has had more goat matches than hhh....

cena vs hbk wm23
    cena vs rvd ons
    cena vs hbk on raw (1 hour match)
    cena vs punk money in the back
    cena vs umaga wasn't bad either...
    Peezy_Jenkins
  • TRILLip BrooksTRILLip Brooks Lefty Gunz, Lord High Executioner Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBossman wrote: »
    Morris Day wrote: »

^^^ All great Matches

NEGRO PLEASE!

all them matches are forgettable.

we talking GOAT matches bruh. all wrestlers have had great matches in their careers.

oh and btw the first match with takers was good, the second one was wack. and their a huge gap in time between wrestlemania 20 and wrestlemania 27.

Who's we? Bret said great, fuck you talking about?

• Peezy_JenkinsPeezy_Jenkins Artist/Producer #Hustlin #VegasLights Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ay, i cant fib tho, hbk coming back vs hhh in a streetfight, i mean thats pretty close to goat, and at first i woulda said hhh vs undertaker wrestlemania 2011, but after watching again its good but not as great as i thought it was that night, other than that, hitman's on point imo, no need for him to be bitter, he just truth tellin
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1512887-steve-austin-criticises-younger-wrestlers-talks-about-the-problems-they-face

Steve Austin Criticises Younger Wrestlers, Talks About the Problems They Face

WWE Hall of Famer Steve Austin spoke out about the troubles facing younger WWE wrestlers today in a column for U.K. wrestling publication Fighting Spirit Magazine this month (via WrestlingInc).

Writing for the magazine, guest columnist Austin mainly complained about newly called up wrestlers lacking any real prerogative in the ring and relying too much on instructions:

Today's guys are very impressionable, and don't really call it in the ring anymore. Some of the guys don't know whether to s--t or wind their watch; when they get in the ring, they have some basics, but they've always been told exactly what to do before they go out there. Back in the day, we were calling it all in the ring; we didn't have anything to be nervous about, because we didn't have to remember anything. All I had to do was listen to a hellacious worker like Billy Joe Travis or Jimmy Jack Funk, trusting them to help lead me through it.

Austin also criticized WWE for bringing up newcomers to the main roster before they were ready:

The guys today are on a big stage, and none bigger than WWE. It's up to the promotion to bring these cats in light, establish them, and help them get over. You can't just bring in someone new and expect them to work a Wrestlemania calibre match right away.

Some thoughts on Austin's remarks.

The star is right to note that many younger wrestlers today do only know what WWE's rigid training system has taught them.

Considering the lukewarm state of the wrestling business and the company being the only real game in town (the perpetually struggling TNA cannot be seen as true competition), something like this was probably inevitable.

This isn't the '90s anymore. Wrestlers don't have a chance to hone their craft in places like ECW or WCW. No wonder we're generally seeing only one in-ring style and guys too hesitant to try anything new.

However, it's worth noting that WWE has made the effort in the past couple of years to sign more indie guys, like Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins, both of whom had wrestled all over the world prior to signing their WWE deals.

Hopefully, with the company's new approach to talent signings, the problem Austin is talking about will soon be rectified.

But certainly, the star is correct to point out that the company does have a bad habit of calling up inexperienced developmental workers long before they should.

Indeed, in the last couple of years fans have seen numerous FCW names placed on the main roster, only for them to disappear without a trace soon after (Mason Ryan, anyone?).
  • CopperCopper The WickPosts: 37,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ziggler seems to be the only dude that gets it...The Rock brigns attention to the sport and whenever there is attention to something ur doing it creates an opportunity...alot of people forget its about putting on a show and putting asses in seats and ratings in the top...a big name can do both that so why be mad and hate b/c they bringing in someone who can still do what u never could? makes no sense....ziggler seems to be a dude that has the head for the business....instead of pouting and being mad....get like him

and austins right some are pushed way too soon and other are held back way too long
    VIBEpeagle05
    yeah wtf happen to mason ryan!?
    Copper
    edited February 2013
    Here is the latest on the status of the former ECW Arena.

Following the end of National Pro Wrestling day, Roger Artigiani, who had managed the operations of the former ECW Arena, and who had helped today's events move at the last minute to the Armory, was introduced. He congratulated 2 Cold Scorpio for winning the Rey de Voladores tournament, and stated that a banner for him in the Hardcore Hall of Fame will be hung when "The World's Most Famous Bingo Hall re-opens."

There had recently been movements legally to remove current leaseholder Joanna Pang from the venue. The venue was ripped down to the bare walls and has been empty and unused for over a year. The plan is to remodel the venue and open towards the end of 2013.

-- Saved By The Bell's Mr. Belding will team with The Big O and PWS Tag Team Champions The Phat Pack in an elimination tag match against Reality Check members Devon Moore, Damian Gibbs, D-Struction, and a fourth teammate to be named later on February 9th for Pro Wrestling Syndicate.