The Avengers Movie Discussion *SPOILERS*

Replies

• Melanin_Enriched Melanin_Enriched Your favorite basketball-american gentleman Posts: 22,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever fucking year there's like a new highest opening
    Kame
  • dallas' 4 evadallas' 4 eva Pocket Full of Stones Posts: 8,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MRDRO wrote: »
    I ALSO DONT LIKE HOW THOR WAS HANDLIN THE HULK.. LIKE SERIOUSLY.. HOW THE HULK BASICALLY DESTROYED THAT WHOLE DAM ARMY BY HIMSELF, SHYT WAS CRAZY

You better respect the God of Thunder bro, Thor aint no bitch.
    Anti_matterMRDROa.mann
  • rapmastermindrapmastermind Entertainment/Pop Culture/Media Analyst New York CityPosts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever fucking year there's like a new highest opening
    Holy shit, just got the call from my boy who tracks box office. It's Official. AVENGERS MADE 80 MILLION OPENING DAY. This may break the opening week record and do better than "The Dark Knight". It's already being reported shows are selling out rapidly this morning all over the country.

Called it, Opening weekend Record Smashed. But to be fair, it did it with 3D ticket inflation. The Dark Knight still sold more tickets opening weekend. But this thing is grossing no less than 400 Million so it will be a Top 10 All Time grossing movie ever. If you adjust for inflation it's based on actually ticket sold. Again in this era prices for movies are through the roof. But you can't even hate, The Avengers hit every demo possible this weekend and it deserved it, great film and a REAL Comic Book Movie. The Dark Knight Rises is in trouble for winning the summer now and nobody thought that going in.

• rapmastermindrapmastermind Entertainment/Pop Culture/Media Analyst New York CityPosts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ITS AMAZIN THAT THIS MOVIE DID WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY BETTER THAN ALL OF THE XMEN MOVIES COMBINED

In my view this was hands down probably the Best Marvel film. Only Iron Man 1, Spidey 2 and Blade are seeing it in my opinion. Yes it's better than all the X-men movies especially when you are talking about incorporating more than one hero.
    Anti_mattera.mann
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Silver Surfer would son all them fools.

I'm still salty about how they did him in that Fantastic Four movie.

Thor would body him with the quickness. He is the strongest on the team. Then Hulk. But it could be a toss up on any given day.
  • TRILLip BrooksTRILLip Brooks Lord High Executioner Posts: 18,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • TheBossmanTheBossman The Voice of Mandela Posts: 17,514 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tumblr_m3mivmCeGc1r7r1l7o1_400.gif

the hulk was THAT DUDE
    a.mann
  • clairvoyanceclairvoyance Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thor put Hulk on his back with that uppercut in slow motion. Need a gif for that...Owned.

I like how they pretty much tried to stayed true to HULK's character being unpredictable. [spoilder]He had his fist balled up when ironman was unconscious[/spoiler]
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 20,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    kzzl wrote: »
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    Iron man suit is hard. That's my nigga right there. Captain America called his ass out tho.

Lokey tried to play Hulk like he was a bitch and Hulk cut that nigga off mid sentence and Brock lesner F5'ed that nigga 3 quick times, that was the guts!

Who's that hellboy lookin fool at the very end? Look like I seen him before
    MVC_Thanos.png That is Thanos. Collector of the infinity gems, owner of the infinity gauntlet and destroyer of the galaxy. Top tier villian and badder than any of the marvel movie villians we seen imagined so far. It'll be an interesting sequel.

I was hoping they'd use his newer costume, but I guess the iconic one is more fitting.

287781-113882-thanos.jpg

Thanos makes the perfect villain though. He'll basically have Tony's wit and Hulk's power. If they pull him off right, he should be one of the great movie villains.

Oh and then there is this...

739941-440938_strength5dh3_super_super.jpg
  • CottonCitySlimCottonCitySlim Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did the gns thread get combined here? Must be because alot of questions seemed to have been asked more than once
  • CottonCitySlimCottonCitySlim Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they are reporting the avengers will break the billi mark...damn....
  • joseph sunjoseph sun Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im glad they didnt make captain america overly important, even though they arent creative at showing what makes him a super soldier.
  • TheBossmanTheBossman The Voice of Mandela Posts: 17,514 ✭✭✭✭✭
    joseph sun wrote: »
    im glad they didnt make captain america overly important, even though they arent creative at showing what makes him a super soldier.
    they showed more of his leadership skills, but i agree more of an backstory on him would of been good. everyone got a mini backstory just to remind people who they are, but more of capt. america's history would of been great to see.
  • ghost!ghost! To possess, haunt and conquer. lurking in the shadows....Posts: 6,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012

the hulk was THAT DUDE

ha ha yes he was...how about the scene where
    him and thor stood right next to each other, and hulk punch him right not the scene like...i didnt forget n*g we still got beef
    everyone in the theater was dying laughin....

good f8king moving...DC slipping...they sitting on "the super friends" while Marvel taken over the box office.
    a.mannAnti_matter
  • a.manna.mann Posts: 18,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    I ALSO DONT LIKE HOW THOR WAS HANDLIN THE HULK.. LIKE SERIOUSLY.. HOW THE HULK BASICALLY DESTROYED THAT WHOLE DAM ARMY BY HIMSELF, SHYT WAS CRAZY

You better respect the God of Thunder bro, Thor aint no bitch.

NAW HE ANT NO BITCH, BUT HE AINT FUCKIN WITH HULK IN STRENGTH.. SPECIALLY WHEN LOKI WAS ALMOST BEATIN THORS ASS BUT THE HULK JUST RAG DOLLS LOKI

Thor has always hold back
    when he fights his brother, they made that pretty clear in his movie and this one
  • SunsetflipSunsetflip Posts: 14
    Avengers 2, keep it on earth! Big fan of Thanos as a villain but for the sequel a space war could hurt. Right now add Ant-man, Black Panther, maybe Miss Marvel to the line up, but keep the main fighting set on Earth, I trust Joss to do a good job with any story, but no one wants a giant space battle between guys who belong on earth.

• Melanin_Enriched Melanin_Enriched Your favorite basketball-american gentleman Posts: 22,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghost! wrote: »

the hulk was THAT DUDE

ha ha yes he was...how about the scene where
    him and thor stood right next to each other, and hulk punch him right not the scene like...i didnt forget n*g we still got beef
    everyone in the theater was dying laughin....

good f8king moving...DC slipping...they sitting on "the super friends" while Marvel taken over the box office.

actually hulk was giving dude a dap but cot damn he's strong
    CitySojourner
  • Recaptimus_Prime360Recaptimus_Prime360 Earned my Masters and Ph.d in Phat Booty-ology Posts: 52,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw it again last nite. By far top 5 summer movies I've ever seen.
    a.mann
  • FroHawkeFroHawke Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Captain Americ
    joseph sun wrote: »

I kind of disagree...Captain America's scenes are being underrated because of the Hulk, but there are times when he shows his amazing ability. The part where he jumps from deck to deck on the SHEILD plane trying to maintain his balance. Or towards the end when he jumps in that building to save the civilians, and the alien threw that grenade, that little acrobatic move he made, using his sheild as a reflector was pretty cool.

Not to mention bodying Loki a couple times before Iron Man shows up at that German terrace.
    a.mannyoung chadBK Product
    edited May 2012
    MobTown wrote: »
    they are reporting the avengers will break the billi mark...damn....

Please, This thing Hitting A Billion before the week over. It just had a 207.4 Million Opening Weekend. I'm sorry but The Dark Knight Rises probably won't make that opening weekend so Avengers will win the summer which nobody predicted. This movie is headed for Star Wars, The Dark Knight, Avatar and Titanic Status. It could very well be at 1.5.-1.7 Billion before it's over. Look at it's opening weekend gross:

Total Lifetime Grosses
    Domestic: $207,438,708 31.7%
    + Foreign: $447,400,000 68.3%
    = Worldwide: $654,838,708

As for the movie, I think i'm seeing it again with friends this weekend cause after I hyped it to them, it was sold out everywhere. SMH @ people not buying tickets before they go. I saw so many people trying to get tickets but it was sold out on Friday night.
    As far as who was the best, who had the most shine. If you watch it, Josh did a great job giving EVERYONE shine. Sure everyone is talking about the Hulk cause he's so powerful but if you look at it, everyone did a great job. Captain was the leader just like the comics. RDJ/Ironman was great. Hulk just bodied everything. Thor and Loki relationship picked up right were they left off. Evil-Hawkeye story was dope. Even SHIELD, Sam killed it as well as Scarlett. Even Sam's Assistant had a nice little role. Overall again it was a very well BALANCED movie and I'm not shocked by it's success cause it was really the PERFECT Summer Blockbuster, hit all the right notes. But like I said, they did kinda Bite Transformers 3 with the city/aliens/portal thing but instead of just robots coming down, it done way better in the Avengers, everyone had a role.
  • peagle05peagle05 Posts: 25,047 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i saw that shit today...hulk was on that g shit. when he walked off after slamming loki around i was dying
    Craig Robinson
  • KameKame Posts: 24,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peagle05 wrote: »
    i saw that shit today...hulk was on that g shit. when he walked off after slamming loki around i was dying

lol I was laughin at this... as well as dude playing that space game on the shield ship
    silverfoxx
  • major painmajor pain Posts: 10,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they finna milk the SHIT outta this franchise.. there might be 5 movies before we get A2