OMG, Junior Seau is dead (Former Chargers great)

12346»

Replies

• JokerKingJokerKing Вони виявили, Ваш номер STATION в рамках цієї спільноти! Watching Jimmy Fallon With Barbara GordonPosts: 27,661 Regulator
    R.I.P. Seau

You have to be great to stand out in that loserville San Diego was in the 90s. One of the best.

That 9 players dying is just one big coincidence. What about all the dead players from the 1929 championship team???? hmmmmm
  • its....JOHN Bits....JOHN B Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rockin my worn out seau jersey right now that ive been wearing since my days of pop warner (still fits), Seau was the reason I ever signed up to player pop warner in the first place, the reason linebacker is my favorite position, the reason 55 in my favorite number, although I believe Rey Lewis is the best linebacker I ever witnessed not on espn classics, Seau is my favorite player of all time and had somewhat of an impact on my life thats why this one hurts, RIP
    IbexKNiGHTS
  • white715white715 Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP

Use to pick the the chargers in madden just because of him
  • freshb651freshb651 Posts: 7,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    *waits for hologram Junior Seau*

sidenote:RIP,one of the GOATS of the 90's !
    Michael_Malicegreenwood1921nujerz84TheBossman
  • shiekyshieky Posts: 929 ✭✭✭
    Chronic traumatic encephalopathy

Chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) is a progressive degenerative disease found in individuals who have been subjected to multiple concussions and other forms of head injury. A variant of the condition, dementia pugilistica (DP), is primarily associated with boxing. CTE has been most commonly found in professional athletes participating in American football, ice hockey, professional wrestling and other contact sports, who have experienced head trauma, resulting in characteristic degeneration of brain tissue and the accumulation of tau protein. Individuals with CTE may show symptoms of dementia such as memory loss, aggression, confusion and depression which may appear within months of the trauma or many decades later. CTE is only diagnosed post-mortem.
    American football

In 2002, Dr. Bennet Omalu, a forensic pathologist and neuropathologist in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania found CTE in the brains of Mike Webster, Terry Long, Andre Waters, Justin Strzelczyk and Tom McHale.

Several former National Football League (NFL) players have been diagnosed post-mortem with CTE. Since 2008, autopsies of eleven professional American football players by neuropathologist Dr. Ann McKee revealed CTE.[8] Former Detroit Lions lineman and eight-time Pro Bowler Lou Creekmur,[9] former Houston Oilers and Miami Dolphins linebacker John Grimsley,[10] former Tampa Bay Buccaneers guard Tom McHale,[11] former Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry,[12] and former Chicago Bears safety Dave Duerson,[13] have all been diagnosed post-mortem with CTE. Other football players diagnosed with CTE include Cookie Gilchrist[14] and Wally Hilgenberg.[15]

From wiki.. It is speculated that Seau had this, if so, I can't begin to imagine the type of shit he went through.

I find it hard to feel bad for people who commit suicide, unless they were truly tormented physically and/or mentally. For instance, I can't feel bad for the 22 year old socialite that offed herself because her boyfriend dumped her (some story from a few months back) as that is just overreacting to the nth. However, this shit here.. hard to hear about and even worse when I see the reactions of the people that loved him.. rest well Junior.
  • mindrightmindright Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭✭
    RIP Seau, one of the best to ever do it!
  • vageneral08vageneral08 Fuck how ya feel Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's deeper than what anybody knows.....he tried to off himself more than one time.....something isnt right
  • Matt-Matt- Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    R.I.P. Junior...loved your intensity on the field...
    thank you my friend...

well damn...
  • Swiffness!Swiffness! Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rip
    Matt- wrote: »
    why does it matter if espn does or doesn't report it?

but either way, their website says he's dead so you idiots can believe it now
    Matt- wrote: »
    Mally_G wrote: »
    first thing I thought of was the driving off a cliff incident and the gay rumor.

it seems that playing the game of football kept him occupied from killing himself.

RIP

lawyers will argue that it caused him to do it

I feel like you're channeling the spirit of Ktulu in this thread lol

• cainvelasquezcainvelasquez Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think them roids fucked up his mental over time.

Probably. I don't think going from roids and training several times a day to just chilling and drinking is healthy.
    When you want to work like an animal, it's easy to become an animal.

12346»