Future: Flop or Not??

tab58064tab58064 Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in The Reason
Just checked Future's sales number after 3 weeks on the charts and I was surprised to see that he's sold only 58,000 albums. With all the buzz, hit radio songs, etc. I would've thought that he would be past 100k or at least a lil bit closer to it. So with all that he had going for him before dropping the album, is this album a flop or not in your opinion???

Replies

• TheIraqTheIraq Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who's Future????????????
    blackblocbirdcallavelipurpngoldinfamous114KINGECBostonDroidoitforhiphop10(Nope)
  • tab58064tab58064 Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
    TheIraq wrote: »
    Who's Future????????????
    LOL! C'mon, serious comments plz.

• Tru_HittaTru_Hitta Posts: 615
    edited May 2012
    i mean futures oka his a club rapper basically&that album sounds nothing like his last two mixtapes streets calling or astronaut should have been his album not pluto but its a good start just coming out the gate
    Leah_BonitaBattlezoneMr.Player
  • AggyAFAggyAF Y pree Worl boss fi wiPosts: 28,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    not a flop
    blackblocidoitforhiphop10
  • High RevolutionaryHigh Revolutionary Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This goes to show you a lot of these artists are being pushed onto us.
    birdcallavelihueyOGClarenceBoddickerharlem hustlaidoitforhiphop10
  • blackblocblackbloc Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    not a flop his debut out sold other trap indie rapper debuts . he almost doubled waka 1st week sales , tripled ace hood, out sold yo gotti new album . i say its a success
    OGClarenceBoddicker
  • TurfaholicTurfaholic Funky like poopa scoop #scumbag The Bay 2 Sin CityPosts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somebody drove by my house this morning playing Future. He doin good in my eyes
    OGClarenceBoddickerAristo_V300blackbloc
  • DarthRozayDarthRozay Posts: 18,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still say that he would've had a much more successful album if he would've plastered Dungeon Fam all over it. ahh well, 58k still not bad for a dude that sounds like a retard mumbling on a mic with autotune on. he does have some catchy hooks though
  • the_focused_onethe_focused_one Posts: 428 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    how is anybody being pushed onto you?
    i hate when niggas say that
    if you don't like some shit, don't fuckin listen
    xm radio, ipods, auxillary ports, and telephones make it so easy to listen to what you want
    how can anything be pushed on you?

I don't listen to dude and I never said I did. I listened to about 1 minute of that Same damn time song, concluded that he was basura and kept it moving. That's not the point though.

When dudes are being played all over MTV, BET, and all over the radio only to go triple bubble wrap how is that not being pushed on us? If people were naturally feeling him like that wouldn't they be copping his album?

THIS. Future sucks, and I don't know anyone in real life who is checking for him... Maybe my demographic just doesn't check for him, but when I was in high school, I would have never checked for dude then either... So who likes this guy?
    idoitforhiphop10blackbloc
  • SlickestRSlickestR Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Future... that's the nigga that's in Gucci's and Waka's lane right?
  • pennyda1pennyda1 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    blackbloc wrote: »
    not a flop his debut out sold other trap indie rapper debuts . he almost doubled waka 1st week sales , tripled ace hood, out sold yo gotti new album . i say its a success

BUT NOT WALE OR MAC MILLER OR WIZ... TRAP RAPPIN AINT SELLIN
  • Tru_HittaTru_Hitta Posts: 615
    how is anybody being pushed onto you?
    i hate when niggas say that
    if you don't like some shit, don't fuckin listen
    xm radio, ipods, auxillary ports, and telephones make it so easy to listen to what you want
    how can anything be pushed on you?

I don't listen to dude and I never said I did. I listened to about 1 minute of that Same damn time song, concluded that he was basura and kept it moving. That's not the point though.

When dudes are being played all over MTV, BET, and all over the radio only to go triple bubble wrap how is that not being pushed on us? If people were naturally feeling him like that wouldn't they be copping his album?

THIS. Future sucks, and I don't know anyone in real life who is checking for him... Maybe my demographic just doesn't check for him, but when I was in high school, I would have never checked for dude then either... So who likes this guy?

Me
    Leah_BonitaBattlezoneMr.Player
  • A.J. TrillzynskiA.J. Trillzynski the IC's Patrick BatemanPosts: 2,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    well the album wasn't any good, so there's that. (gives no fuck about album sales)
  • Serious Juice MayneSerious Juice Mayne Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sold more than diggy
    idoitforhiphop10purpngoldblackbloc
  • L.O.S.T.L.O.S.T. Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know one person who bought his album. This young guy that used to work for me. His favorite rapper is Ace Hood if that tells you anything
  • pennyda1pennyda1 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    Hitta wrote: »
    pennyda1 wrote: »

All those people you named are bigger stars they doing venues while future is still doing clubs bru that was such a unfair comparison also most trap rappers start off in the streets and have to build there buzz&usually have one demographic there trying to appeal to....im not saying they dont but ive never heard a hood nigga yet bumping wale,mac miller,or wiz (probably get clowned in the hood for bumping Mac in yo car)

Right...if you a trap rapper you got demographic which leads to low album sales.. I never heard a Mac miller song on the radio and he sell over a 100k his first week. Future got 3 to 4 songs in rotation on the radio and videos..I guarantee curren$y do better #s and big krit
    blackbloc
  • YamoleySenseiYamoleySensei Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    solid numbers for a dude that can't rap for shit
    DMTxTHCidoitforhiphop10purpngold
  • loch121loch121 Posts: 10,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are bad numbers no matter how you cut it for a mainstream album.Dude is Rico Wade's cousin.End of story
  • loch121loch121 Posts: 10,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

WRONG:Waka sold 37K first week and ended up doing 270K almost.I doubt Future goes beyond 2-300 K total
  • P. TownP. Town Posts: 26,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    loch121 wrote: »
    Those are bad numbers no matter how you cut it for a mainstream album.Dude is Rico Wade's cousin.End of story

Walk into a high school/ or on a college campus right now and see if you can walk away with a list of at least 20 kids who know who the hell Rico Wade is
    OGClarenceBoddicker
  • P. TownP. Town Posts: 26,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pennyda1 wrote: »

Rick Ross and Jeezy say otherwise
    blackbloc