What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

RIP Adam Yauch (MCA) of the Beastie Boys

Replies

• Lab BabyLab Baby Parts Unknown via BrooklynPosts: 8,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always wanted to see the Beastie Boys. Maybe now they'll finally get their long overdue Source cover.

Too bad no one reads that shit anymore. If they gets on the cover, I'll pick it up for the fuck of it.

@Kame, yeah that Nas joint goes hard.
  • MsSouthernMsSouthern Oh la laaaa Posts: 21,226 Regulator
    Beastie Boys was the first show I went to with my friends .

So sad to hear about this ... taken too soon

RIP
    UTDefense.jpg
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 66,475 Regulator
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 44,329 Regulator
    Dayum :(

Rest in Peace Adam Yauch
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
  • The Prime MinisterThe Prime Minister Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    main.jpg

Adam Yauch, one-third of the pioneering hip-hop group the Beastie Boys, has died at the age of 47, Rolling Stone has learned. Yauch, also known as MCA, had been in treatment for cancer since 2009. The rapper was diagnosed in 2009 after discovering a tumor in his salivary gland.

rollingstone.com/music/news/beastie-boys-co-founder-adam-yauch-dead-at-48-20120504
    madmax-furyroad-gifs-36-26615.gif
  • Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance Never selling dreams, always serving cream SeattlePosts: 49,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP our heroes are slowly fading away....
    As I look back over a misspent life, I find myself more and more convinced that I had more fun posting on the IC than in any other enterprise. It is really the life of kings.

pr?cieuse?*
  • TurfaholicTurfaholic It's not too complicated, but you're gonna need a bulletproof soul The Bay 2 Sin CityPosts: 19,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finna DL Intergalactic now

Brass Monkey>>>>
    The Jacka Presents:
    Street Knowledge
    "Kill Yaself"

http://www94.zippyshare.com/v/bEsGQfVs/file.html
  • KushingtonKushington Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wtf is a beastie boy
    rip.dillaMsSouthernH-Rap 180SneakDZAinfamous114PanchoYoSancho1CK1SStillFaggyAFGucci Scott King
  • AmotekunAmotekun Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn this is a fucked up friday.

Kat's ethering the shit outta folks and i am actually kinda sad that a white guy is dead

and Koonington has no idea who the beastie boys are..

Fuckin just WoW!
    tumblr_mob49dKdjE1r0bbnbo1_500.gif
    tumblr_mljib4JBUr1s5xurzo1_500.gif

Kushingtonrip.dillaH-Rap 180SneakDZAStillFaggyAFblackgod813
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 44,329 Regulator
    *Stickied for Appreciation*
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
    MsSouthern(Nope)FieldTripsToTheHoodblackgod813
  • stringer bellstringer bell Posts: 23,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    RIP.. Fuck cancer that shit has taken away to many people before they deserved to go...
    vqllc3.jpg

eitedl.jpg

156s7y0.jpg

2zojh39.jpg

“Every generation has its own evil. But our evil is a different kind of evil — our systems are evil.” - Rev. Nicholas Richards
    blackgod813
  • MsSouthernMsSouthern Oh la laaaa Posts: 21,226 Regulator
    edited May 2012

Used to drink Brass Monkey ... but not cause it tasted good

UTDefense.jpg
    redhandedbanditGarv*
  • kingofbama205kingofbama205 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
  • just.might.b.okjust.might.b.ok Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn, R.I.P. MCA.
    Beastie Boys are legends, and their last album was dope.
    Judge a man by his character and not by his wealth
    A real G, i never kissed niggas or shot myself
    Gangsta Gibbs
    coldgratefulacaciarat.gif
    500full-charlie-sweets.jpg
  • mindrightmindright Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭✭
    WOW....

I'm taken back... RIP MCA

damn...
  • Lurker6Lurker6 Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭✭✭
    werd rip

they always had entertaining videos not the same shit everyone else was doing
    IgFpoNj.gif
    NSFW click at ur our risk
    tumblr_mwn3wmM2WV1r55j58o1_400.gif
    Moreno_zps07620187.gif
    scs5kp.gif
    YsX8od.gif
    tumblr_myf80iHsEx1rhttapo1_500.gif
    tumblr_myw1yqVEbH1ruz6zso1_250.gif
    tumblr_mwnfteNODS1srd8hzo1_500.gif
    tumblr_n8y0kcbtzf1ruz6zso1_250.gif
    tumblr_n9y5q6b4381rtclweo1_500.gif
    tumblr_ncp4dx4ok41rk74v1o1_500.jpg
    Jaime47.gif
    292181t.gif
    JK_Animated_GIF_12.gif
    61zkZ3D.gif
    diapo514fb0a4701ac6e6d6b89eb88042fb5d.gif?34
    tumblr_n911s9Z1fh1qbl0vwo1_250.gif
    tumblr_mkdlii1IE11rvllfwo1_500.gif
    tumblr_nbb1f6HGEu1ruz6zso1_250.gif
    blackgod813
  • PanchoYoSanchoPanchoYoSancho To all the killas and the hundid dolla billasPosts: 12,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    R.I.P. to one of the great pioneers.
  • TrillaaaaaaTrillaaaaaa Robbed a thick bitch for 30 bands, now she back strippin/ Threw 5 back at her just for not snitchin Posts: 8,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Plap SunPlap Sun Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    real shit

muthafuck that cracka

yall celebrating the life of a crook of black culture

yall niggas should be ashamed of yall selves

beastie_mca_retro30_072009.jpg?width=600
    just look at these crackas

CRAZY AS FUCK
    My song of the week:

PanchoYoSancho(Nope)kingofbama205StillFaggyAFart VANDELAYAnti_matterinfamous114Lurker6FieldTripsToTheHoodrip.dillaAristo_V300blackgod813
  • Joker_De_La_LoverJoker_De_La_Lover PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderPosts: 43,970 Regulator
    My name is MCA
    I got a license to kill
    I think you know what time it is
    Its time to get ill

Damn, Paul Revere was my shit!!!

RIP
    Fuck you, I'm a mod
    herbalism101MsSouthernDisciplined InSightminnin
  • CirocObamaCirocObama Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plap Sun wrote: »
    real shit

muthafuck that cracka

CRAZY AS FUCK

This is basically what i said before. But now is not the rigth time homie c'mon. Them dudes were obviously a punk band that jumped on the hip-hop wagon. I mean say what you will about Eminem but dude really lives hip-hop, it isn't just something he does. Beastie Boys now don't even do hip-hop on stage nor do they look like they're into it anymore. More like one of those "when i was young and it was cool" thing.

Same thing with Vanilla Ice. Since he got booted off hip-hop duke basically turned into a fake rock star. MC Hammer is still hip-hop even though he isn't selling records. Hammer is still living, breathing and even recording music within the culture.

People gotta understand. But still RIP to dude. Just notice how many fans of Beastie Boys now that you see saying RIP ain't really hip-hop fans. Not saying that they don't get love from the hip-hop community but just notice how many non hip-hop fans claim that they love them, even though Beastie Boys really was a white and wacker version of Run DMC.
    PanchoYoSanchokingofbama205art VANDELAYAnti_matterinfamous114Lurker6Drgoo0285JDSTAYWITITFieldTripsToTheHoodGucci Scott KingAristo_V300Soloman_The_Wiseblackgod813
  • StillFaggyAFStillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityPosts: 40,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • (Nope)(Nope) NawfNawfPosts: 2,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CirocObama wrote: »
    Plap Sun wrote: »
    real shit

muthafuck that cracka

CRAZY AS FUCK

This is basically what i said before. But now is not the rigth time homie c'mon. Them dudes were obviously a punk band that jumped on the hip-hop wagon. I mean say what you will about Eminem but dude really lives hip-hop, it isn't just something he does. Beastie Boys now don't even do hip-hop on stage nor do they look like they're into it anymore. More like one of those "when i was young and it was cool" thing.

Same thing with Vanilla Ice. Since he got booted off hip-hop duke basically turned into a fake rock star. MC Hammer is still hip-hop even though he isn't selling records. Hammer is still living, breathing and even recording music within the culture.

People gotta understand. But still RIP to dude. Just notice how many fans of Beastie Boys now that you see saying RIP ain't really hip-hop fans. Not saying that they don't get love from the hip-hop community but just notice how many non hip-hop fans claim that they love them, even though Beastie Boys really was a white and wacker version of Run DMC.

Afrika Bambaataa was trying to bring the punks to the Hip Hop jams he was throwing because he felt that they had a common interest .

Beastie Boys are Hip Hop through and through , comparing them to Vanilla Ice is a travesty , I do however agree that just like Eminem , the Beasties have lots of white fans that are not fans of rap nor part of Hip Hop , can't fault the Beasties for that .
    Lurker6JDSTAYWITITredhandedbanditSoloman_The_Wise