Microsoft Announces $99 Subsidized Xbox 360 Bundle

joshuaboyjoshuaboy Posts: 10,855 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in The Arcade

Get a discounted Xbox 360 with Kinect when paired with a 2-year Gold commitment.

xbox-99-e1336410556790-600x236.jpg

Along with a 2-year Xbox Live Gold membership at $14.99 a month, a 4GB Xbox 360 with Kinect can be picked up for $99. The membership fee will be charged monthly to your credit or check card, so the total amount is not due when you pick up the console from a Microsoft Store.

If you jump on the offer and choose to quit before your two years is up, an early termination fee will be enforced, with the amount adjusted depending on how long you have subscribed.

The current deal is a promotional offer and may not stick around for long, so you'll want to act quickly if you've been looking to get Microsoft's console on the cheap.
Soloman_The_Wise

Replies

• focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smart move.
    earth two supermanVulcanRavenfunkdocdamcstonefacebobbydrake2006Soloman_The_Wiseimm0rt4lValkyria
  • themadlionsfanthemadlionsfan Posts: 7,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    4gb hard drive?.....not enough....I might just flip it
    willhustle
  • VIBEVIBE Awww Yeeaah! Posts: 40,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol wack...

Shit is a rip off. $359 for two year membership? Wow
    stonefacefocus
  • PSN-CanibussPSN-Canibuss Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL @ A good deal... really? $359 for a 2 year membership + $99 for a 4GB xbox + $60 for a 60GB HDD? Oh yeah.. a great deal... thats $518...
  • earth two supermanearth two superman ladies please dont fight. E2S is here all night! Posts: 16,409 Regulator
    edited May 2012
    the $99 360/kinect combo is good. the 14.99/month thing is a fuckin rip off though. lmao @ anyone who falls for this. can u buy the 360/kinect alone?
    VulcanRavenDr.Chemixfocus
  • satyronesatyrone Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 gig??? really?? fuck that bullshit.
  • grumpy_new_yorkergrumpy_new_yorker Reppin' The 631 Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • joshuaboyjoshuaboy Posts: 10,855 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    So you're really paying $ 339.00 for a 4 GB 360 and Kinect considering 2 yrs LIVE membership costs $ 120

Brand new 4GB with Kinect costs $ 300
    VIBEfocus
  • SionSion Moderator, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 22,047 Regulator
    What do you get with a gold membership that you don't get in a regular LIVE membership ?

Iuno guys, this shit sounds enticing as hell.....
  • BoldChildBoldChild Born alone, die alone. Posts: 11,234 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't the 4gb xbox not able to play some games?
  • Dr.ChemixDr.Chemix Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somehow you getting your head rocked

Don't feel like doing the math...
    edited May 2012
    It's an ass backwards sell, reverse psychology.

This is more expensive...

Microsoft is gimmicky as fuck. Every new big game they sell a console w the game and the console is dressed up nice. Sony doesn't pull this shit. SMH, Mircosoft is soft
    focusSion
    We all do this already with our own cell phones now.

M$ is just applying the same model to consoles, and its very wise. Every console manufacturer would be wise to offer this as at least an alternative sku for the next generation. M$ wants the XBOX to be at the center of the living room media as a whole, not only video games. I bet they will be announcing a bunch of new media services at E3 for the 360 in light of this new option.
    VIBEbobbydrake2006Valkyria
  • MrSoutCityMrSoutCity Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol @ dumb-asses thinking that this is a smart move, Shit is a fucking reap off. .
    focus wrote: »

M$ is just applying the same model to consoles, and its very wise. Every console manufacturer would be wise to offer this as at least an alternative sku for the next generation. M$ wants the XBOX to be at the center of the living room media as a whole, not only video games. I bet they will be announcing a bunch of new media services at E3 for the 360 in light of this new option.

If they do this when the console is just release then it would make sense to the customer, But not no out dated ass xbox 360
    edited May 2012
    MrSoutCity wrote: »
    focus wrote: »

If they do this when the console is just release then it would make sense to the customer, But not no out dated ass xbox 360

Define "outdated". Outdated to me or you? Sure, but we are not the target audience obviously and the 360 still has plenty of life left in it, especially with XBOX Live and a $99 price tag. Look how well the PS2 sold after the PS3 dropped. And we are at least two years away from even a new 360. They not just goin let sales fall off.

And yea, don't you think they will do this from the jump next go round. This is a test bruh. They trying this shit, seeing the pros, cons, and uptakes and applying that to the launch of the next console.
  • The ProdigalsonThe Prodigalson Posts: 8,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rip off is the 14.99 a month for XBL. 24 months = 359.76. Fuck outta here. I renew my subscription every year for 59 bucks. 4GB though? LOL. I'm still on my fat Xbox with the 20 Gig. I ain't buying no new one.
    VIBEfocusValkyria
    edited May 2012
    LOL...why are people who already own consoles taking this personally? They are obviously not targeting you. The people who waited this long to cop one...

A. Want it cheap. They basically not trying to drop all that money at once, and in the long run...they only paying about $40 extra...spread out over two years.

B. Don't give a fuck about only having 4GB.

PSN-CanibusskanggoodieValkyria
  • SionSion Moderator, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 22,047 Regulator
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    So you're really paying $ 339.00 for a 4 GB 360 and Kinect considering 2 yrs LIVE membership costs $ 120

Brand new 4GB with Kinect costs $ 300

Dayum good observation fam..... so basically this shit is like "lay-away" right ? Ahh man I guess the saying is true - if something sounds too good to be true it probably is.
    @Focus

So you think this is a good deal?
  • earth two supermanearth two superman ladies please dont fight. E2S is here all night! Posts: 16,409 Regulator
    im almost positive theres a way to scam this and just pay 99 for a 360/kinect. if they left it at that itd be a great deal
    im almost positive theres a way to scam this and just pay 99 for a 360/kinect. if they left it at that itd be a great deal

There should be aslong as they don't ask for your ssn.
    what if i just pay it in cash
    you will need a credit so they could charge the xbl each month.
  • grumpy_new_yorkergrumpy_new_yorker Reppin' The 631 Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm sure they will make you sign a contract like cell phones and cable. if you don't fulfill your agreement, they hit you with a large termination fee.