Kevin Durant is everything LeBron James wanted to be

Jeezyfan4everJeezyfan4ever Posts: 1,034
edited June 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
He's 23 years old, 4 years LeBron's junior and he's doing things that LeBron could only dream of with the Heat.

I think when it's all said and done, Durant will be the closest thing to Jordan since Jordan, over Kobe and LeBron.

Durant has the maturity, the humbleness, the killer instinct (that LeBron lacks) and he's only 23. It's kind of amazing.

And for anyone who wants to counter here with a pro-Lebron argument, the fact is year after year for the past 9 years LeBron has constantly failed to win a championship. Since he got to the Finals (and swept) in 2007, he's been out in the second round, ECF or last year's Finals every year. And it looks like this year is on the same pace. I'm literally in shock that this is happening to a LeBron that has Wade & Bosh by his side. It's come to a point where it looks like Durant could win it this year at 23 and you have to wonder if LeBron will ever win one.
kanggoodietexas409dnyce215NothingButTheTruthMAKAVELI25hueyIceBergTaylorpurpngoldrage_Menace_almighty breezesTaY_TrUe2banztruth_juiceHyenaKillacoop9889SupremeXXV

Replies

• its....JOHN Bits....JOHN B Posts: 10,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont know why everyone has to be compared to Jordan tho, I agree he will be better than Bron but even if he wins 5+ rings Kobe will still be the closest thing to Jordan we ever seen, same position, same height, same style, almost the same amount of success but even if he gets 7 rings he wont ever quite be Jordan.
    2banz
  • bull6599bull6599 Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niggas can't wait til the Finals start LOL. LeBron still has a chance to change the direction of his (postseason) legacy...starting w/ 2 monster games to get to the Finals. Although I look forward to the ether that would be sent the Heat's way in the IC (ex last years thread) if they lose, they still got a chance
    Mr.Bocario
  • Recaptimus_Prime360Recaptimus_Prime360 Phat Bootyologist Posts: 40,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well damn. Niggas ready to crown Durant? Lol! Let's not get ahead of ourselves people.
    texas409Chef_Taylor purpngold
  • ploccplocc Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    Everybody knows whoever came outta the west is gonna win it all.
    one_manshowIamNumberOnehueydown2earth
  • wmj710wmj710 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kind if agree, but let's see how he does in the finals first
    rage
  • wmj710wmj710 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    darkone360 wrote: »
    Well damn. Niggas ready to crown Durant? Lol! Let's not get ahead of ourselves people.

I know right, that's half the reson lebron gets allot of hate, for not living up to people's expectations.
  • BetaBeta "COLOR MONEY!!!" Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do know Lebron went to the finals in his 4th year just like durant right? Even if he got swept, at this point in time hes accomplished just as much as durant.

Also I wish people would stop making jordan comparisons. I know hes the golden standard but its silly to compare every great player to him or say hes the closest to jordan. And even if durant won 3+ rings he is in no way similar to jordan.

This is going off the thread title/first 2 sentences of the OP because I aint really read the rest I'll admit.
  • one_manshowone_manshow Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    He has accomplished more than Durant by getting to the finals twice and loosing on both occasions. Durant and the Thunder lost to the Mavs last year in the WCF. This year they advance to the finals and will be favorites to win it all. If they do that's a scoring title, Finals MVP and a ring in one season which all are greater than Lebron's achievements.
  • ATTSATTS Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you have to wonder if LeBron will ever win one.

i keep telling peole lebron might NOT win a ring at all......i know its hard to imagine this great talent, but karl malone was once a great talent and he thought he was gonna win....barkley thought he was gonna /win......somethings things just dont fall into place which is kinda sad......... and cosign what T/S said about durant....... imagine if okc was LA, NY...durant will be on some severe hero status right now....but okc is a small market so but give him props........
  • Mister B.Mister B. The IC'sTeacher...learn some shit! Posts: 9,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would laugh if the winner of Miami/Boston knocks off the Thunder.
  • DaBullDaBull Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durant has to wing da ring b4 ya'll start ethering LBJ, in 2007 this same idea was thought bout Bron til he was swept by spurs
    Inglewood_BStoneColdMikey
    Miami love to run and gun...they match up with okc style of play..... i hope bron bron makes it.....
    texas409sTaY_TrUe
    Shit...bron wishes he could make cold blooded shots like pierce
    texas409StoneColdMikey
  • R.D.R.D. Posts: 13,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop crowning my young niggas for they hear it and it cause them to get lazy
  • playmaker88playmaker88 You over did it holmes, you in the danger zone, you shouldn't be alone Posts: 51,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prisoner of the Moment ..

ah this generation.

however.....
  • S2JS2J Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll take Durant over Bron at this point. Fuk all that make teamates better shyt, ngga GET BUCKETS.

Lebron doesnt 'get it'. He's so stuck on 'makie the right play'

Paul Pierce takes a hero shot, ill-advised, and MAKES it.
    Hrden takes Hero shots, ill-advised, and MAKES it.
    Westbrook had 3 turnovers in a row in Game 5, but still had the guts to take a shot late, and MAKES it.

Lebron would never do that rather 'make the right play'.

• Tommy bilfigerTommy bilfiger Posts: 14,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    ^Word like shootin that game tying 3 with 37 seconds left in game 4 in boston

Lebron rather make the right play
  • R.D.R.D. Posts: 13,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^Word like shootin that game tying 3 with 37 seconds left in game 4 in boston

Lebron rather make the right play

they still lost
  • Tommy bilfigerTommy bilfiger Posts: 14,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that has nothin to do with the point he was tryna make

He said lebron never makes that shot

• aneed123aneed123 Posts: 14,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    durant is the anti Lebron yet Bron done took his team to the finals already.... funny how perception of one not like works
    blackjack2012
  • Inglewood_BInglewood_B Real niggas back in style Inglewood niggaPosts: 6,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aneed123 wrote: »
    durant is the anti Lebron yet Bron done took his team to the finals already.... funny how perception of one not like works

huh?

R.D.blackjack2012
  • 5th Letter5th Letter AKA 5th Element Posts: 26,589 Regulator
    Well lets see if KD actually wins the championship this year before you dismiss LeBron
    blackjack2012rage