Xbox 720 Price, Features Revealed in Rumored Document

joshuaboyjoshuaboy Posts: 10,855 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in The Arcade

$299 for the console and Kinect 2?

An unconfirmed document allegedly leaking out of Microsoft reveals the company's five-year plan, price, and features for the Xbox 720. The 56 page document looks at the possibilities for Xbox 360 in 2011 leading up to the launch of the next generation in 2013, which includes a new Kinect sensor at launch in a $299 bundle. Notable changes include a blu-ray disc drive, as well as a focus on and tablet integration. IGN is already confident that the next-generation will begin in 2013, and the plan for tablets to talk to consoles recently rang true.

Fortaleza.jpg

Notable goals and features for the Xbox 720 include an improved Kinect sensor with four-player games, accessing your media library anywhere via cloud streaming, and not needing to upgrade hardware ever again. Most notable is the rumored plans to create glasses that give players a heads-up display/virtual reality interface dubbed Fortaleza.

Fun fact: Fortaleza is a state capital in Brazil, as was Natal.

Remember, none of this is information is confirmed, so take it with a grain of salt if you suspect it's an elaborate hoax. We've reached out to Microsoft for comment on its validity.

What do you make out of this alleged leak? Is it totally fake, or is it the beacon of our future?

Source: Scribd via Reddit.
Sion

Replies

• grumpy_new_yorkergrumpy_new_yorker Reppin' The 631 Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • SionSion Moderator, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 22,027 Regulator
    Only $300 for a high powered system, with dope graphics, can be played anywhere, no need for memory cards, Kinect (as wack as it is), dope games (hopefully), great online service - basically a 360 on steroids ? Got dayum Microsoft is gonna clean up when this drops.
    StoneColdMikeyLUClEN
  • SionSion Moderator, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 22,027 Regulator
    I bet you Nintendo will drop their prices as soon as Microsoft confirms this..... they'd be fools not to see this as a serious threat......
    LUClEN
  • themadlionsfanthemadlionsfan Posts: 7,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah well....we gotta see if the shit works first.....rrod 2.0
    SionKINGOFDAARCADEStoneColdMikeyLUClEN
  • PSN-CanibussPSN-Canibuss Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What to look for...

RROD
    GB Space
    Rechargeable controllers or batteries need to be recharged
    Exclusives line up
    VulcanRavenLou_Cypher
  • KNiGHTSKNiGHTS Mr. Fifth Letter Your ConsciencePosts: 3,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way they could do all that expensive hardware for $300. The losses would be staggering. Granted, if this were the 90s and Microsoft's stranglehold on the PC market looked unflappable, I might believe they'd be crazy enough to incur losses of that magnitude on the console side to run everyone out of the building because they'd be secure with the money from Windows. However, Google's coming into the OS game, and Apple--as overrated as their shit is--is making waves too. Both companies have the money to challenge MS for the OS throne, so running up massive charges in the gaming realm is bad business when they have no idea if their PC golden egg is secure.

I think somebody might've misread the document or something. I could see that being the price point after a few years, but right of the box for three bills with a tablet, Kinect upgrade, and shit? Nah.
  • ToppsTopps Posts: 447
    I just going straight PC after this XBOX 360 and PS3 generation is over.

This past generation have been a failure, especially for it's over priced for below average products.
    KNiGHTS
  • earth two supermanearth two superman ladies please dont fight. E2S is here all night! Posts: 16,395 Regulator
    Fun fact: Fortaleza is a state capital in Brazil, as was Natal.

this makes me thing it might be real. Natal was kinect's 1st name.

299 sounds too good to be true
  • unspoken_respectunspoken_respect I smell tittys Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That price is crazy low.
  • kanggoodiekanggoodie Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no actually physical memory peripheral means a required internet connection.. that is not a good thing...
    Lou_Cypher
  • KINGOFDAARCADEKINGOFDAARCADE Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    No way they could do all that expensive hardware for $300. The losses would be staggering. Granted, if this were the 90s and Microsoft's stranglehold on the PC market looked unflappable, I might believe they'd be crazy enough to incur losses of that magnitude on the console side to run everyone out of the building because they'd be secure with the money from Windows. However, Google's coming into the OS game, and Apple--as overrated as their shit is--is making waves too. Both companies have the money to challenge MS for the OS throne, so running up massive charges in the gaming realm is bad business when they have no idea if their PC golden egg is secure.

I think somebody might've misread the document or something. I could see that being the price point after a few years, but right of the box for three bills with a tablet, Kinect upgrade, and shit? Nah.

with people paying $50 a year to pay for xbl, thats an extra $300 in profit over 6 years. so they can release at $300.... and still make another 300 over the next 6 years. its like charging $600, but paying in yearly increments.

its robbery. but most people are too stupid to figure that out. I wont support Xbox systems as long as they charge for online
    redhandedbandit
  • vageneral08vageneral08 Fuck how ya feel Posts: 16,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will cop.....probably after the first year once it drop
  • sapo614sapo614 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Won't even front, I'll cop it the first day if I'm able