The official steve nash traded to la lakers thread (YEAHHH REJOICE LAKER FAN BOYS YEAHH!!!! ) ***

Replies

• purpngoldpurpngold Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭✭✭
    purpngold wrote: »
    Lets fucking go! oh shit

You're a Lakers fan? Why were you constantly cosigning shit in the Heat thread?
    I've never been a heat fan lol I just wanted them to win the finals im not about that life
  • CottonCitySlimCottonCitySlim Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old ass 38 year old steve nash gonna get you to the finals....well good luck with that
    knightryder
  • Tommy bilfigerTommy bilfiger Posts: 13,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    The lakers will not average 120 points a game they dont have the personnel for that and steve nash has never played in a slowed down halfcourt offense ever

Lakers have no shooters to spread the floor at all ,Some of you niggas sound retarded

Great acquisition but this alone aint enough

Thunder>>>>>>Lakers,adding steve nash wont stop kevin durant and russ westbrook from droppin a combined 68 on you like they did in the playoffs
    caddo manMR.CJNothingButTheTruth
  • Serious Juice MayneSerious Juice Mayne Posts: 3,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • freshb651freshb651 Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Lakers motto, when all else fails, rape other teams for their superstars. Buy Kobe his rings!

now this is a biased ass post nigga,you're a Lebron stan and that nigga had to team up with Wade and Bosh to get

his chip. So when all else fails give up on your team in the playoffs and your home state in general and go on tv and

embarrass the organization then run to South Beach ?
    Already Home_17DillaDeaf
  • caddo mancaddo man You cant @ me bro Posts: 14,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not feeling this trade. This is not the WOAT trade but damn. How about Dragic? That MFer aint playing no defense either but at least he aint 38 years old.

And what about a three point shooter. Make a run at Steve Novak!
    edited July 2012
    Lakers starting 5 average age 32,thunder starting 5 average age 24

Niggas will get ran if they play up tempo wit the thunder nash fit wit the knicks better than the lakers

• woah316woah316 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    where have we seen this before, how did that work out?

kobe-malone-shaq-payton-174979_480_art_R0.jpg

You're an idiot.

Nash is still EASILY the best passer / facilitator in the game (and I love rondo, but nash averages more assists per minute, WITHOUT kg / pierce / allen... THAT is scary...).....

This move will help kobe get easier shots / work less... help get bynum easier shots... Space the floor because Nash is one of the best shooters in NBA history... Add some more leadership to the team and sombody to help keep gasols head into the game...

But what yall are really missing, is what this will do for gasol offensively....

I mean, this is going to be sick...

Gasol can average 22 to 25 easily next season...

I doubt kobe will let it happen, but that's just the mamba....

This shit will take gasols offensive game to another stratosphere...

The lakers will easily be the best offensive team in the NBA, probably best offensive team in the last 10 years... This will help overcome any defensive defecincies they will have...

Dwight howard REALLY would make a perfect fit now... They could use his defense over bynums offense, since they already have SO MUCH offense now... but bynum is going to have to become more of a rebounding / shot blocker... I say he needs to lose a little weight to make him more swift, and mold his game more around dwight howard... All bynum needs is easy buckets now...

As a matter of fact.. The lakers would be better with somebody like Chandler... Yea, I said chandler... And anybody that knows basketball would agree...

If mitch kuptchek was smart... Bynum to NY for Chandler, novak... and maybe throw JR smith, shumpert or B diddy in there too...

Lakers are INSTANTLY title favorites with that trade
    NothingButTheTruthusmarin3ATTS
  • DR. JEKDR. JEK Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    The lakers will not average 120 points a game they dont have the personnel for that and steve nash has never played in a slowed down halfcourt offense ever

Lakers have no shooters to spread the floor at all ,Some of you niggas sound retarded

Great acquisition but this alone aint enough

Thunder>>>>>>Lakers,adding steve nash wont stop kevin durant and russ westbrook from droppin a combined 68 on you like they did in the playoffs

you're assuming the Lakers are done making moves. Naw they not gonna stop no one but if they have a fluent enough offense they not gonna need to stop Durant and Westbrook. Miami didn't stop them niggas either. Lakers played them tough without a good offense (infact a horrible one to watch). Now that the ball gonna move like it's suppose to, they will just be able to match them point for point instead of fuckin up down the stretch due to bad descision making from not having a smart Point guard. They get a shooter off the bench with all the attention a better Bynum is gonna draw it's a wrap!

• R.D.R.D. Posts: 10,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure point guard is a Lakers problem

The deal will have no impact
    im not reading that titanagraph but Rondo>>>>Nash and he abuses Nash whenever they match up
  • dbrazil412dbrazil412 6-2... #americasteam the 412Posts: 8,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rage wrote: »
    Bynum will be the Lakers best and most prolific scorer next season...book it. Nash will keep the ball out of Kobe's hands which at this point can only be a good thing. Look for Bynum to put up Phx Amare type numbers.

yeahhh right. this is kobe bryant we're talkin about. you could have magic johnson at point, and kobe will still have the ball in his hands the majority of the time.
  • Angeles1son85Angeles1son85 I'm an animal I shoulda been born in Jumanji Los AngelesPosts: 3,749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    all im sayin everyone sayin nash old but look what he did for gorat last season made him look like a allstar....image what he can do for bynum and pau easy bucketsssssssss
  • dbrazil412dbrazil412 6-2... #americasteam the 412Posts: 8,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is a good move for them, but what does it mean? i still dont see them being better than OKC or the spurs. and who are they gonna have to back up nash? they still need to make a couple more moves or it'll prob still be 2nd round knockout
  • NothingButTheTruthNothingButTheTruth Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't OKC have to choose between Harden and Ibaka this season?

If they part with either one of those players, they are no longer the best team in the West. Lakers and (maybe) SA >>>
  • coop9889coop9889 Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    woah316 wrote: »
    You're an idiot.

Nash is still EASILY the best passer / facilitator in the game (and I love rondo, but nash averages more assists per minute, WITHOUT kg / pierce / allen... THAT is scary...).....

This move will help kobe get easier shots / work less... help get bynum easier shots... Space the floor because Nash is one of the best shooters in NBA history... Add some more leadership to the team and sombody to help keep gasols head into the game...

But what yall are really missing, is what this will do for gasol offensively....

I mean, this is going to be sick...

Gasol can average 22 to 25 easily next season...

I doubt kobe will let it happen, but that's just the mamba....

This shit will take gasols offensive game to another stratosphere...

The lakers will easily be the best offensive team in the NBA, probably best offensive team in the last 10 years... This will help overcome any defensive defecincies they will have...

Dwight howard REALLY would make a perfect fit now... They could use his defense over bynums offense, since they already have SO MUCH offense now... but bynum is going to have to become more of a rebounding / shot blocker... I say he needs to lose a little weight to make him more swift, and mold his game more around dwight howard... All bynum needs is easy buckets now...

As a matter of fact.. The lakers would be better with somebody like Chandler... Yea, I said chandler... And anybody that knows basketball would agree...

If mitch kuptchek was smart... Bynum to NY for Chandler, novak... and maybe throw JR smith, shumpert or B diddy in there too...

Lakers are INSTANTLY title favorites with that trade

I usually think this nigga woah be on some other shit but he is spot on with this.

This will change a lot for the Lakers.

The Lakers were HORRIBLE last year at point guard.

2nd to last in ppg, 4th to last in assists.

When the Lakers acquired a point guard who COULDNT START IN CLEVELAND it was considered a major upgrade.

Now they get someone who has led the league in assists the last three years WITHOUT HAVING A 20 PPG CALIBER PLAYER ON HIS TEAM.

What do you think he's gonna do with Kobe Gasol and Bynum??

edited July 2012
    Nash always played in open up tempo offenses with pf's who play on the perimeter a lotta cats who shoot 3's,alot of drive in kicks,transition,pick n rolls with finesse pf's

Now he will play in a slowed down halfcourt offense wit 7 footers who clog the middle and his shooters will be kobe and artest? Lmao

the thunder beat the spurs who had a top 3 offense and homecourt

Thunder will get maynor bacc next year and will be in the finals again

You need more people
    edited July 2012
    Nash always played in open up tempo offenses with pf's who play on the perimeter a lotta cats who shoot 3's,alot of drive in kicks,transition,pick n rolls with finesse pf's

Now he will play in a slowed down halfcourt offense wit 7 footers who clog the middle and his shooters will be kobe and artest? Lmao

the thunder beat the spurs who had a top 3 offense and homecourt

Thunder will get maynor bacc next year and will be in the finals again

You need more people

Talent is what makes teams work.

In the last 3 years, Nash hasn't played with the TALENT the Lakers have this year, and STILL led the league in assists. It'd be ignorant to think he couldn't do it again.

And you're acting like just cuz a team has a so-called "up tempo offense" means that they never play or run a halfcourt set.

If you watched any suns games last year you'd see they don't resemble the nash-amare-qrich-joe suns. They weren't that uptempo.

AND gasol is a face up power forward. A finesse forward. The kind that nash loves. Not to mention fere agency aint over. Who's to say they wont pick up more people.

buttuh_b
  • ragerage Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • playmaker88playmaker88 You over did it holmes, you in the danger zone, you shouldn't be alone Posts: 46,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gotta question anyone in here arguing with Usmarine.. he doesn't know shit about sports and his hate/extreme bias carries every opinion he makes
    Already Home_17buttuh_b
    edited July 2012
    You missin my point I was talkin about when nash played on dallas wit dirk and finley

Then phoenix with marion,q rich,amare,barbosa,diaw,joe johnson

Only time he ever had a low post consistent on the blocc presence was 37 year old shaq and that didnt work

Nash always played on teams that were #1 in the nba in scoring wit personnel that fit his style the current lakers dont have that they have a hog who dominates the ball and 7 footers who play high and low

Yea they got talent they will be better on offense but not enough to make the thunder worried.Thunder just beat a top offensive team,wit a better coach with a quicker more aggressive pg and mad shooters in the wcf

Lakers need more people nash aint enough
    Hotnikelz
    You missin my point I was talkin about when nash played on dallas wit dirk and finley

Then phoenix with marion,q rich,amare,barbosa,diaw,joe johnson

Only time he ever had a low post consistent on the blocc presence was 37 year old shaq and that didnt work

Nash always played on teams that were #1 in the nba in scoring wit personnel that fit his style the current lakers dont have that they have a hog who dominates the ball and 7 footers who play high and low

Yea they got talent they will be better on offense but not enough to make the thunder worried.Thunder just beat a top offensive team,wit a better coach with a quicker more aggressive pg and mad shooters in the wcf

Lakers need more people nash aint enough

I feel u, but if he's never had a true on the block presence then we can't say for certain we know how it's going to work out. What we DO know is that Nash is one of the best distributing point guards (if not THE best) in the league, and makes players around him better.

Who's to say that with a true point guard (which he's NEVER HAD) Bynum won't evolve into a 25 ppg center.

Kobe is a ball hog, no denying that, but the last few years he was kind of taking over the role of PG and that's not who he is. He's a scorer not a distributor. I personally think Nash changes the entire dynamic of this team.

However, this is ALL on paper, no one REALLY knows if they will be on Thunder/Spurs level or not because we haven't seen how the Lakers play with Nash when they gel yet. So we can't say for certain.
    Doesn't OKC have to choose between Harden and Ibaka this season?

If they part with either one of those players, they are no longer the best team in the West. Lakers and (maybe) SA >>>

surely you dont believe this

they'll let harden walk

scorers are a dime a dozen in this league
This discussion has been closed.