The Offical New Orleans Hornets 2012-13 Season Thread

silverfoxxsilverfoxx Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
New_Orleans_Hornets3.jpg

new_orleans_hornets_mascot-9933.jpg

Austin+Rivers+New+Orleans+Hornets+Introduce+GOm4yhRaBWrl.jpg

The IC disrespect on my team is disgusting. This thread is for true fans of NOLA Hornets.

Replies

• evoljeanyesevoljeanyes Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Orleans has a nice set up for the future. Austin and Davis have potential galore. If Rivers can play the one, and Davis the 4, Gordon 2, Anderson 3...LOOK OUT! I hope those two stick together for a bunch of years like I forsee Durant and Westbrook doing!
    silverfoxxcaddo man
  • dbrazil412dbrazil412 the 412Posts: 9,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hornets will be a fun team to watch.. think they're gonna be a few years away from competing in the west though. imo davis isnt gonna be what people expect him to be right away.. but boy when he develops, and grows into a grown man body, that might be scary.
    silverfoxxcaddo man
  • silverfoxxsilverfoxx Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coach Monty just got to slap the bitch out of Gordon literally. Nigga is on Drake level right now. But i think we should be str8. The Hornets will be finally getting some games televised.
  • BetaBeta "COLOR MONEY!!!" Posts: 23,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hornets may be have grown to be that team that could be exciting to watch and is young but its gonna be like 2-3 years before they make some real noise
    Hornets may be have grown to be that team that could be exciting to watch and is young but its gonna be like 2-3 years before they make some real noise

Thats the beauty of truly growing up with your team. watching them grow right in front of you.

• IceManKamIceManKam Beat em up. Knock em dead. Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a native Louisianian (still resides in BR) and I browse and watch the Hornets game when they're on, and there's a few questions for the franchise going into the future which include:
    1. Whether or not they will remain the Hornets or rebrand
    2. If they can resign Gordon who's supposedly the flagship player (or was)
    3. If they can successfully build around their rookies (more specifically Davis, but Rivers is important too).

But yeah, like stated early there's a bright future ahead of them, don't let their record last year speak for their playing ability, the team needed some offseason training especially once they traded Paul
  • IceBergTaylorIceBergTaylor The Spectacular Posts: 15,090 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is Eric Gordon's fascination with Phoenix anyway?
    edited July 2012
    @Spyda
    He wants to be a star, the star, and thinks that Davis, since he's the no 1 pick, is the new star of the Hornets so he wants to leave.
    PHX has a great medical staff and its (from what I heard) pretty nice out there, not to mention they don't have Nash anymore, so he thinks him coming in there will make him the star they need and what he wants
    Real talk this might be the last year for the Hornets. Hopefully we don't rebrand into the Pelicans or Angels
  • PaperPlaneJanePaperPlaneJane Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    KiIIaKam wrote: »
    @Spyda
    He wants to be a star, the star, and thinks that Davis, since he's the no 1 pick, is the new star of the Hornets so he wants to leave.
    PHX has a great medical staff and its (from what I heard) pretty nice out there, not to mention they don't have Nash anymore, so he thinks him coming in there will make him the star they need and what he wants

Thats his problem tho...his me attitude. He'll get over it tho. If he was really bout that life he would sign that qualifying offer and dip after next season...but he aint doing that tho. He just cryin. EG thinks he should be paid and treated like he's LeBron but has yet to make an all star team or play even a half of a season thru his career. He's just immature right now.

But as far as the team going forward I like what Dell and Monty are doing....they aint over reacting like other teams and drastically overpaying for role players. They have enough cap room next season to either sign a superstar to a max deal or some good players to fill the rest of the holes. Its gonna be exciting. I think within the next 2-3 seasons if they build right they can be contenders.
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    Real talk this might be the last year for the Hornets. Hopefully we don't rebrand into the Pelicans or Angels
    I've been hearing about something like Krewe or Brass, Krewe sounds ill imo
    caddo mansilverfoxx
  • caddo mancaddo man You cant @ me bro Posts: 15,601 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $pyda wrote: »

I was hoping they were going to sign and trade him for those draft picks LA gave Phoenix and get another SG/anyone available to replace him. EG is fragile as hell. I am hoping the hornets arent holding the bag when people figure out he is glass joe.

Could you imagine getting a second round pick with Brook Lopez and getting Lou Williams, Willie Green, or some servicable Shooting Guard until Rivers had gotten better?

EG is not a first tier superstar IMO. He is Joe Johnson type player.

And I hope they are able to resign Kaman. Wondering why he is still out there when Camby all the other old centers are getting a run.
  • kAjUnkAjUn Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuck gordon, im never down with keeping somebody that dont want to be here unless its just a money issue.

And hell no with rivers @ 1, no combo gaurds playing 1 put his ass at 2. Keep jack @ 1.
    silverfoxxAP12
    caddo man wrote: »
    $pyda wrote: »

I was hoping they were going to sign and trade him for those draft picks LA gave Phoenix and get another SG/anyone available to replace him. EG is fragile as hell. I am hoping the hornets arent holding the bag when people figure out he is glass joe.

Could you imagine getting a second round pick with Brook Lopez and getting Lou Williams, Willie Green, or some servicable Shooting Guard until Rivers had gotten better?

EG is not a first tier superstar IMO. He is Joe Johnson type player.

And I hope they are able to resign Kaman. Wondering why he is still out there when Camby all the other old centers are getting a run.

Laker 1st round picks are ALWAYS trash cuz they always get deep in the playoffs. Plus next yrs draft is gonna be horrible. Unles Kaman willing to play for a real cheap price..I don't see him coming back. Also Kaman turn the ball over way too much in the post IMO. He's a good scorer & rebounder because of size and would fill a hole but he's gonna want too much money.

• jaemoomsjaemooms Posts: 771 ✭✭✭
    Phoenix building a squad, y'all gon be shitty..
    PaperPlaneJanesilverfoxxAP12Hotnikelz
    People sleepin on Darius Miller too....
    silverfoxx
  • caddo mancaddo man You cant @ me bro Posts: 15,601 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaemooms wrote: »
    Phoenix building a squad, y'all gon be shitty..

EG will be getting the matching contract. Phoenix is lottery status right now. Just like the Hornets. Difference is the Hornets have a potential First tier superstar on the squad. The Sun ......................notsomuch.
  • jaemoomsjaemooms Posts: 771 ✭✭✭
    AD, ryan anderson, rivers, jarrett jack.

Or

Gortat, dragic, beasely, gordon, dudley, markieff Morris, kendall Marshall, Shannon brown.
    PaperPlaneJaneinfamous114
    Kaman is a glorified chucker who wastes possesions as soon as he get the ball. Nigga never passes it just shoot. Do not want. Gordon sign an trade talks is not a good thing because I see no one who can replace his value at his age and espically in a weak ass draft next year. Thats why im pissed off at Gordon is acting like a hoe right now. And if you think Phx squad with a cancer like Beasley is better then your a dumb fuck seriously.

Or

Gortat, dragic, beasely, gordon, dudley, markieff Morris, kendall Marshall, Shannon brown.

Gordon is not going nowhere...he'll pout till he realize he in a better situation then get over it. LOL @ Phx fans thinking Beasely & Dragic is LeBron & CP3 or something...u better hope Beasley aint takin a weed nap during practice out there in Arizona. And aint Shannon Brown a UFA...

silverfoxxAP12caddo man
  • ShadyWorldOrderShadyWorldOrder Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭

Or

Gordon is not going nowhere...he'll pout till he realize he in a better situation then get over it. LOL @ Phx fans thinking Beasely & Dragic is LeBron & CP3 or something...u better hope Beasley aint takin a weed nap during practice out there in Arizona. And aint Shannon Brown a UFA...

Dont feed that troll all @jaemooms does is go to other teams thread and tell them how shitty they are...Dont worry he's from Cleveland they've been disgruntled for a longtime
    silverfoxxcaddo man
    edited July 2012
    Dont feed that troll all @jaemooms does is go to other teams thread and tell them how shitty they are...Dont worry he's from Cleveland they've been disgruntled for a longtime
    Ah......nuff said...

• t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

Or

*doesn't know what a RESTRICTED free agent is post*
  • GetMoneyInDaN.O.GetMoneyInDaN.O. Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭✭
    @caddo man,@silverfoxx,@paperplanejane,@allparish,@kajun

gotta rep this......i been doin that since '10 when niggaz was tellin me cp3 was gon leave this and that....but i still hold it down....been down since they touched down when the squiddy was wesley,davis,mash,pj,magloire

new-orleans-hornets-logo.jpg
    32-44727-Y.jpg
    0.jpg
    138508514_display_image.jpg?1338358854

also this the site i fux wit for all things N.O. Hornets

hornets247.com/blog/
    silverfoxxAP12