Arkham City Sequel will be a Justice League Silver Age Prequel

focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype.Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in The Arcade
Arkham City Sequel will be a Silver Age Prequel
Justice League of America set to appear.
by Daniel Krupa JULY 11, 2012

Variety has learned that WBIE (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment) is set to introduce members of the Justice League of America in the next installment of Rocksteady's Batman series.

The entertainment trade magazine reports that the much-anticipated sequel to Arkham Asylum and Arkham City will, in fact, be a prequel centred on Batman's first meeting with his arch-nemesis The Joker. Stylistically, it will be based on the Silver Age era of DC comics (1956 to c.1970), when Batman first teamed up with other iconic DC heroes, like Superman and The Flash, establishing the Justice League of America.

Variety claims this is part of a conscious effort by Warner Bros. to expose audiences to the Justice League of America, as it ramps up production on a JLA movie. It also reports the game will be released in 2014 at the earliest.

The Silver Age JLA typically consisted of 7 heroes: Superman, Batman, Aquaman, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, and Wonder Woman.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/11/arkham-city-sequel-will-be-a-silver-age-prequel
kanggoodienujerz84DWOSecondChanceBroBlack_Samsondallas' 4 evaimm0rt4lSion(ob)SceneKarl.nj2089

Replies

• nujerz84nujerz84 Posts: 12,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    GOAT......Hopefully Rocksteady is the team behind this.
  • joshuaboyjoshuaboy Posts: 10,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything these guys make, I'm buying!!
  • Black_SamsonBlack_Samson I drive a fast car... Posts: 45,339 Regulator
    edited July 2012
    guess i'll be playing as batman and MM the whole time...
    cause the rest of them niggas suck...

fuck superman.
    fuck aquaman.
    fuck white/gay GL.
    fuck flash.
    fuck wonder woman.
    nujerz84satyroneDWOLou_CypherA.J. Trillzynski
  • KNiGHTSKNiGHTS Mr. Fifth Letter Your ConsciencePosts: 3,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calling the DLC fuckery now.

Game will be Batman and give you cutscenes featuring Justice League members. The DLC will be challenge maps featuring certain members for probably 10-15 dollars a pop. All told, this game'll be over $120 when you finishing buying all the content.

Rocksteady knows they've released two GOTY-caliber titles, so people will pay through the nose to see Rocksteady's take on the rest of the DCU.
    Black_SamsonDWOwillhustle
    KNiGHTS wrote: »

Game will be Batman and give you cutscenes featuring Justice League members. The DLC will be challenge maps featuring certain members for probably 10-15 dollars a pop. All told, this game'll be over $120 when you finishing buying all the content.

Rocksteady knows they've released two GOTY-caliber titles, so people will pay through the nose to see Rocksteady's take on the rest of the DCU.

hopefully they actually listen to fans and make them playable characters in the actual story and actually include additional dlc story content.
  • themadlionsfanthemadlionsfan Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I feel DC is wack....I won't be coppin
  • funkdocdamcfunkdocdamc Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as Batman isn't campy, fuck that Adam West bullshit.
    willhustle
  • KNiGHTSKNiGHTS Mr. Fifth Letter Your ConsciencePosts: 3,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    KNiGHTS wrote: »

hopefully they actually listen to fans and make them playable characters in the actual story and actually include additional dlc story content.

Even better is the scheming that they won't listen to get everybody speculating before dropping the gem. Remember them saying no Robin?

"No Robin in Arkham City." *Game nears gold* "Guess what? Nightwing and Robins at the same damn time!"

It's not if the DLC happens, but when does it happen. The only problem is figuring out how to Nerf powers in the maps while still letting the players feel like they're playing as heavy-hitters. Aside from Batman, everyone else on the JLA would mop a challenge map in seconds.
    kanggoodie
  • AlkindusAlkindus Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    Coppin no doubt, if you haven't done already check out them Superman/Batman Public Enemies n JL Crisis on two earths flicks, shit is fiyyyyyya lol
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher One Cold Ass Honkey It's Cold, AlaskaPosts: 27,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • imm0rt4limm0rt4l Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    Man, fuck silver age Batman.
  • CottonCitySlimCottonCitySlim Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno about this, arkam series was good because it was DARKER take on the bats, wonder how they will pull it off...shoulda just used DCu versions
  • VIBEVIBE Awww Yeeaah! Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotdayum, look at Focus' GOATs, hell froze the fuck over.
  • kanggoodiekanggoodie Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    game is gonna be goat... movie is gonna shit on the avengers also... been waiting on a superman produced by the genius of rocksteady
    earth two supermanVulcanRaven
    As long as Rocksteady is behind it and they use the same Writer and Voice Cast as the Arkham Asylum and Arkham City shit will be GOAT...
  • intalectintalect Posts: 674 ✭✭
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    game is gonna be goat... movie is gonna shit on the avengers also... been waiting on a superman produced by the genius of rocksteady

HIGHLY DOUBT THAT! The Avengers villians alone is better the Justice League Thanos? I mean come on..........Carnage?.......X-men? list goes on
  • earth two supermanearth two superman ladies please dont fight. E2S is here all night! Posts: 16,308 Regulator
    carnage fuckin sucks b.
    themadlionsfan
  • intalectintalect Posts: 674 ✭✭
    carnage fuckin sucks b.

ah hell nahimager.php?id=1063733&t=o GIFSoup
  • funkdocdamcfunkdocdamc Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^Nah, he does
    edited July 2012
    Carnage does suck though I remember as a kid when he came out I thought he was the shit..
  • Supreme_GentlemanSupreme_Gentleman #RapeCulture Posts: 19,855 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no way you can put superman into a game.
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arkham Writer Not Returning for Next Game
    Paul Dini won't be back for Rocksteady's next installment.
    by Anthony Gallegos AUGUST 2, 2012

Paul Dini, the writer for both Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City, has revealed via his Twitter that he won't be returning for the recently announced prequel. In a post on July 27th, Dini said:
    Paul_Dini@Paul_Dini
    Kinda hoped I'd be doing another Arkham game in London during the Olympics. Esp, as I had a good source for tx.
    Ah, well.

If the initial tweet didn't make it crystal clear, the team at ArkhamCity.co.uk went on to look through a series of Dini's tweets to absolutely confirm he won't be returning as the writer for the next Arkham game.

Dini seems a bit broken up over it as well, saying, "I wish I could, but it's not my call." Dini is responsible for not only penning the first two games, but also the beloved Batman: The Animated Series cartoon.

No word has been given about who will replace Dini on the next project.
  • earth two supermanearth two superman ladies please dont fight. E2S is here all night! Posts: 16,308 Regulator
    That's ok. dini is great but he's a more modern age writer, not a silver age writer. There's plenty of good writers in comics who could do it. Dan jurgens and George perez come to mind.