Murs is gay

245

Replies

  • thefabmd2dcthefabmd2dc Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • thefabmd2dcthefabmd2dc Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How you go from Roxy Reynolds to kissing another man.
    HyenaKilla[Deleted User]Wild Self
  • RuffDraftRuffDraft Posts: 4,708 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    loch121 wrote: »
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    loch121 wrote: »
    @ruffdraft did you watch that video?He kissed a man
    I watched the video, it was dope.

    Murs has already spoken out about it though:
    MURS wrote:
    "I don't know, man. On this record, I'm trying to bring the Hip Hop community up with me. I'm concerned about how the world feels about the homosexual community. Obviously, I'm concerned about Hip Hop - we've got to start [making changes], but I want that song to touch people outside of the community. I made "Dark Skinned White Girls," and a lot of people [responded thankfully with the recognition]. There's a lot of gay people who probably feel out of place or feel like no one cares, and I think it's good when it comes from someone [who is different]. "Okay. He's not just saying that 'cause he's gay too. This is a straight person sayin' it 'cause he's tryin' to understand me" - even if I didn't get it right. I don't know how the gay community is gonna react. I'm more worried about that, to tell you the truth, than how the Hip Hop community is gonna react. If I can make straight people be kinder to gay people, I guess that's a bi-product [of my intentions in writing the song]. (Hip Hop DX)

    In other words, he was acting and is speaking about the issue at hand from the perspective of a straight person. He says he's anxious at how the gay community will react to it. But I think he's done it right. Dope metaphor at the end.

    I think the video is well directed and the relationship shown between the two people is believable. It's a nice challenge to the community as a whole and I think that as a story telling track, it's better than most.

    If you do something on camera you still did it.I ain't feeling that shit

    Like @Say What said, actors and actresses have been doing this for years. Murs puts his all into his projects and has created some success as part of that; he's one of the best story-tellers in today's day and age of hip hoppers and he's only B-listed as people continue to listen to shitty, flavourless music. At least Murs is discussing real issues, be it gun play to same sex marriages. That's more hip hop than a lot of these other artists.

    People are forgetting he's the same artist that created this classic:

    traestarSoloman_The_WiseKamPushMe32DaysOfInfiniti
  • vageneral08vageneral08 Fuck how ya feel Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    caping for a nigga who kissed another nigga??????? smh man shit is getting even crazier
    HyenaKillapurpngoldSoloman_The_Wise
  • soul rattlersoul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHPosts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Judah don't get my point twisted. The over the top flamboyant advertising of homosexuality with rainbows, commercials, and parades is dumb shit... Only because it's not in response to anything. There are no organizedanti-homosexual movements out here trying to keep homosexuals down.

    There's nothing to accept or approve of because it's nothing out of the ordinary. Homosexuality and heterosexuality have always co-existed whether it was discussed openly or not.

    People that think they are in a position to approve of someone else's sexuality are just as misinformed as the people begging to have their sexuality accepted.
    RuffDraftpurpngoldblackrain
  • KingJamalKingJamal Posts: 20,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [quote="vageneral08;4644688"]And the nigga got a shirt that says "legalize gay".....really? you niggas really accepting this nigga and this gay ass song?[/quote]

    WTF!!!
    purpngold
  • young_reezyyoung_reezy Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RawAce wrote: »
    Gangbang
    Kill Cops
    Sell crack
    Devil worship/cannibalize
    Be in the mob wit an Italian name
    Wear shiny suits
    Rock ice/throwbacks and have spinners
    Claim Blood
    Dont rhyme while wearing hoodies
    Say anything , then put swagg at the end of it
    Pretend to be "initiated"

    now,
    the in thing to do is embrace the gay community

    you dead right on that.

    and for this to be the new trend it's obvious that hip hop isn't speaking for hip hop.

    if hip hop is the voice of it's people, there are far more serious topics to speak on at this point in time.
    texas409Soloman_The_WiseRawAce*~queenbee~*
  • traestartraestar Atlantic City, NJPosts: 5,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    judahxulu wrote: »
    the bar has already been set with weak minded, prison-fuckable ass wimps who accepted the birdman/wayne kissing shit so this shit will at best be ignored but more than likely, at worst, applauded. Niggas tryna champion faggot rights like black folks civil rights really exist...smh. priority niggas...priority. them fags'll be allrite. i dont even know how such a non-issue has gained such relevance. nobody knows who youre fucking unless theyre present or you broadcast it- homo or hetero. nigga we running outta clean water and air... and this shit is part of a "needed change"? GTFOH. if a nigga wanna suck weinies and people around him dont like that shit, then be around different people gotdammit. hetero or homo...fucking and sucking is a small as part of life in proportion...there are way better "causes" to champion. This nigga just tired of being an top tier b-lister so he kissed a nigga to kiss the asses of the sodomite gods of the industry.

    I agree with everything except for the last sentence
  • traestartraestar Atlantic City, NJPosts: 5,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Say What wrote: »
    It was a nice story but that don't make the dude gay. Plenty of actors kiss that don't don't make anyone gay. If he was gay and kissed a girl would he be straight again? How is gay an illness? How do you cure it? I don't care what you do I just don't like seeing the flamboyant ones

    http://cssronline.org/CSSR/Archival/2001/Nicolosi_71-78.pdf
  • purpngoldpurpngold Posts: 6,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    faggots these days
  • traestartraestar Atlantic City, NJPosts: 5,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll say another thing, if they "legalize" gay rights like gay marriage, what purpose does that really serve?

    If you want to get married, get married but IMO I just feel these gay activists are asking for attention!!
    Soloman_The_Wise
  • Say WhatSay What Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭✭
    ^^^ The reason they stopped treating it as a mental illness was because it wasn't working. Homosexual behavior also happens in the wild. That was something from a church I know what they gonna say
  • young_reezyyoung_reezy Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Say What wrote: »
    ^^^ The reason they stopped treating it as a mental illness was because it wasn't working. Homosexual behavior also happens in the wild. That was something from a church I know what they gonna say

    cannibalism also happens in the wild, so does leaving your young to fend for themselves, hypothetically speaking if every human being was gay, the human race would cease to exist, unless you're talkin un-natural lab births.
    Soloman_The_Wise*~queenbee~*
  • Say WhatSay What Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭✭
    Say What wrote: »
    ^^^ The reason they stopped treating it as a mental illness was because it wasn't working. Homosexual behavior also happens in the wild. That was something from a church I know what they gonna say

    cannibalism also happens in the wild, so does leaving your young to fend for themselves, hypothetically speaking if every human being was gay, the human race would cease to exist, unless you're talkin un-natural lab births.

    WTF are you talking about? Thats illegal but some small tribes around the world still practice. The thing is people say homosexuality is not natural but when it is a normal thing in nature what do you call it?
  • loch121loch121 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • traestartraestar Atlantic City, NJPosts: 5,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Say What wrote: »
    ^^^ The reason they stopped treating it as a mental illness was because it wasn't working. Homosexual behavior also happens in the wild. That was something from a church I know what they gonna say

    Speaking of the church, I wonder why they haven't spoke on that...shoot with all of these pedophile cases with the priests and other church individuals, if they are so strong against it, why aren't they saying anything about it?

    And peep the podcast when you get a chance, what wasn't working from what I was hearing was when these GAYPA activists were protesting to take that category out of the DSM, there were people who tried to fight against them but failed. There was no strong defense to keep it in the DSM plus they started to use statistics against them.

  • young_reezyyoung_reezy Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Say What wrote: »
    Say What wrote: »
    ^^^ The reason they stopped treating it as a mental illness was because it wasn't working. Homosexual behavior also happens in the wild. That was something from a church I know what they gonna say

    cannibalism also happens in the wild, so does leaving your young to fend for themselves, hypothetically speaking if every human being was gay, the human race would cease to exist, unless you're talkin un-natural lab births.

    WTF are you talking about? Thats illegal but some small tribes around the world still practice. The thing is people say homosexuality is not natural but when it is a normal thing in nature what do you call it?

    some people still leave their children to fend for themselves also, just like you stated some small tribes still practice cannibalism, my point is it's an anomoly. if it's natural show me two people of the same sex who birthed a child.

    i'll wait.
    traestarSoloman_The_Wise(ob)Scene
  • yeah i rap so don't yeah i rap so don't Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not care, was to get people to talk about it, good for him.
    texas409
  • Say WhatSay What Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes it is different. You change your points in one sentence its not the norm then you say its counterproductive. We also have trannys that are anomalies and what about straight people that cant have children.
    HyenaKilla
  • ragerage Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    judahxulu wrote: »
    idgaf...aint no 100% straight man gone champion no gay shit

    One of the most idiotic things I have ever heard in my life. So you HAVE to be a homosexual to think that gays deserve to be treated like everyone else? Its ok thought niggas like you are in the minority just like the old racists and bigots from the Jim Crowe era.
    HyenaKillaDisciplined InSightSoloman_The_WisetrACE_evidence(ob)SceneKnives Amilli*~queenbee~*
  • young_reezyyoung_reezy Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Say What wrote: »
    Yes it is different. You change your points in one sentence its not the norm then you say its counterproductive. We also have trannys that are anomalies and what about straight people that cant have children.

    i'ma say it again since we covered a few things and maybe my point got twisted.

    show me two people of the same sex who birthed a child if this is natural.

    Soloman_The_Wise(ob)Scene
  • ragerage Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Say What wrote: »
    Yes it is different. You change your points in one sentence its not the norm then you say its counterproductive. We also have trannys that are anomalies and what about straight people that cant have children.

    i'ma say it again since we covered a few things and maybe my point got twisted.

    show me two people of the same sex who birthed a child if this is natural.

    Your making the assumption that the only reason two people gay or straight get together is to have kids.
    Soloman_The_Wise
  • Say WhatSay What Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭✭
    Technically to trannys can have kids and depending on how they identify themselves.......... I get your point but theres a lot of crazy things can happen in nature
Sign In or Register to comment.