Meek Mill "Dreams & Nightmares"

Jeezyfan4everJeezyfan4ever Posts: 1,034
edited July 2012 in The Reason
Can't wait for album.
How you think the album will do in terms of sales (can it be like some DC2 shit even tho it was a mixtape) , will it be better then the mixtapes... Which it has too IMO

What ya think on it
«13456731

Replies

  • nycdieselnycdiesel Posts: 1,111
    Meeks gonna deliver something dope, it's crazy to see how's far he's come
    peterpiffin
  • Jeezyfan4everJeezyfan4ever Posts: 1,034
    Matter well this be sticked up until album drop since there isn't one for meek
  • H-Rap 180H-Rap 180 Posts: 15,452
    Meek is gonna sell really well, he's at least as Hot as Wale was when "Ambition" dropped and that eventually went Gold.

    Meek is one of those lucky artists who ain't even dropped an album yet but he's been connected in love triangles, infamous bar brawls, religious controversies, & Illuminati rumors that have kept his name buzzin' outside traditional HipHop circles.


    He got the youth attention right now, that 106 & Park crowd love his Black ass, the streets love him and if "Amen" stays spinning then he can get a chunk of Drakes fan base.



    The album will sound better than DC 2, but DC2 was a nice sampler and free music so ai didn't complain at all, I'm just glad to see Meek finally make it.
  • GeE-757GeE-757 Posts: 6,441
    edited July 2012
    LEGGO!,...c/s sticky but after gfid drop cuz MMG is hoggin up da SUMMER!
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Meek is gonna sell really well, he's at least as Hot as Wale was when "Ambition" dropped and that eventually went Gold.

    Meek is one of those lucky artists who ain't even dropped an album yet but he's been connected in love triangles, infamous bar brawls, religious controversies, & Illuminati rumors that have kept his name buzzin' outside traditional HipHop circles.


    He got the youth attention right now, that 106 & Park crowd love his Black ass, the streets love him and if "Amen" stays spinning then he can get a chunk of Drakes fan base.



    The album will sound better than DC 2, but DC2 was a nice sampler and free music so ai didn't complain at all, I'm just glad to see Meek finally make it.

    lol@ da bold.....TRU AINT IT MAN AKA AMEN MMG has dun WONDAZ fa meek milly!
    purpngoldnohiphop1
  • S2JS2J Posts: 15,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the album sell? Yes.

    Will it be the type of music from him i want? Doubt it.

    I have the fear the album will sound like 16 loops of 'These Hoes actin up/These nggas cant hold me back'

    ROZAYTABERNACLEpeterpiffin
  • H-Rap 180H-Rap 180 Posts: 15,452
    edited July 2012
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Will the album sell? Yes.

    Will it be the type of music from him i want? Doubt it.

    I have the fear the album will sound like 16 loops of 'These Hoes actin up/These nggas cant hold me back'

    Are your fears based on the music that was on "Dreamchasers 2" and songs like Amen, Used to Be, Burn, Intro, Outro or is your anxiety based on some type of sinister propaganda that's fueling your fears and paranoia?
    ROZAYTABERNACLEidoitforhiphop10
  • antarticpantarticp Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think we will liike what meek will deliver cause he rides that club, radio & street with just one record ... he knows how to ride that fine line .......
  • GeE-757GeE-757 Posts: 6,441
    edited July 2012
    DaBull wrote: »
    he might outsell Ross to be honest

    & i can tell u now if that happenz ross will b very happy.,....
  • antarticpantarticp Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    GeE-757 wrote: »
    DaBull wrote: »
    he might outsell Ross to be honest

    & i can tell u now if that happenz ross will b very happy.,....

    i also think it will be a first ... aint too many artist outselling the ones that brought them in the game .... i dont think there are any examples .... that might also be the reason why Dre is scared to drop he might not out do Slim lol ;)
  • GeE-757GeE-757 Posts: 6,441
    antarticp wrote: »
    i also think it will be a first ... aint too many artist outselling the ones that brought them in the game .... i dont think there are any examples .... that might also be the reason why Dre is scared to drop he might not out do Slim lol ;)

    but rozay aint bring meek mill n da game all ross is doin is providin a steppin stone fa meek 2 shyne wit mmg meek mill is SELFMADE!
  • yeah i rap so don't yeah i rap so don't Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mill should do numbers, has the biggest buzz of any artist without a major album out. Will the songs be good? There should be some stuff on there. Has everybody curious and that curiosity brings sales. Ross and his team has an eye for who will do well, maybe the best team in the game.
  • antarticpantarticp Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GeE-757 wrote: »
    antarticp wrote: »
    i also think it will be a first ... aint too many artist outselling the ones that brought them in the game .... i dont think there are any examples .... that might also be the reason why Dre is scared to drop he might not out do Slim lol ;)

    but rozay aint bring meek mill n da game all ross is doin is providin a steppin stone fa meek 2 shyne wit mmg meek mill is SELFMADE!

    ross def gets credit for bringing meek into the mainstream prior to this it was just mixtapes and shows for meek milly ;) .... hes selfmade in the sense that he proved he was a potential star in the game before hitting mainstream ... unlike someone like J Cole who started out with a rocnation deal and walked it out from there .....
  • antarticpantarticp Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mill should do numbers, has the biggest buzz of any artist without a major album out. Will the songs be good? There should be some stuff on there. Has everybody curious and that curiosity brings sales. Ross and his team has an eye for who will do well, maybe the best team in the game.

    see your going to far with that stuff ... they have potential to be the best in the near future ... but with YMCMB having multiple Plat selling artist .... MMG aint even close but they have the oppurtunity to out do those guys .... and sheesh we still sleeping on GOOD MUSIC ... cant forget that team over there ..... ITS GONNA BE A CRUEL SUMMER ..... MMG could get bumped down to the #3 top team if that does well ... Mercy is already platinum and thats with a verse from almost every artist on GOOD !!!!!!! .... ;)

    OrangeScissorsOSkool
  • S2JS2J Posts: 15,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Will the album sell? Yes.

    Will it be the type of music from him i want? Doubt it.

    I have the fear the album will sound like 16 loops of 'These Hoes actin up/These nggas cant hold me back'

    Are your fears based on the music that was on "Dreamchasers 2" and songs like Amen, Used to Be, Burn, Intro, Outro or is your anxiety based on some type of sinister propaganda that's fueling your fears and paranoia?

    My fears are based on DC2 bein watered down compard to DC....as well as MMG's obvious reliance on 'that sound'. Now I know/knew Ross only uses 'that sound' for mixtapes n such, then he comes w/ the soul for his albums

    I dont htink they'll have that mindest w/ Meek. They just want him to sell, thus i expect a lot of 'Poof, there go the car, Poof' bullshyt lol
  • yeah i rap so don't yeah i rap so don't Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    antarticp wrote: »
    Mill should do numbers, has the biggest buzz of any artist without a major album out. Will the songs be good? There should be some stuff on there. Has everybody curious and that curiosity brings sales. Ross and his team has an eye for who will do well, maybe the best team in the game.

    see your going to far with that stuff ... they have potential to be the best in the near future ... but with YMCMB having multiple Plat selling artist .... MMG aint even close but they have the oppurtunity to out do those guys .... and sheesh we still sleeping on GOOD MUSIC ... cant forget that team over there ..... ITS GONNA BE A CRUEL SUMMER ..... MMG could get bumped down to the #3 top team if that does well ... Mercy is already platinum and thats with a verse from almost every artist on GOOD !!!!!!! .... ;)


    I meant in terms of spotting talent. Wale (even though I do not like his music) had a deal and an album that did not do well. Mill had a deal and kept getting arrested and things did not work out.Ross has never had a platinum album, but he keeps his name out there. We have to acknowledge and give his team (not just his label) props for their job.
  • antarticpantarticp Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Will the album sell? Yes.

    Will it be the type of music from him i want? Doubt it.

    I have the fear the album will sound like 16 loops of 'These Hoes actin up/These nggas cant hold me back'

    Are your fears based on the music that was on "Dreamchasers 2" and songs like Amen, Used to Be, Burn, Intro, Outro or is your anxiety based on some type of sinister propaganda that's fueling your fears and paranoia?

    My fears are based on DC2 bein watered down compard to DC....as well as MMG's obvious reliance on 'that sound'. Now I know/knew Ross only uses 'that sound' for mixtapes n such, then he comes w/ the soul for his albums

    I dont htink they'll have that mindest w/ Meek. They just want him to sell, thus i expect a lot of 'Poof, there go the car, Poof' bullshyt lol

    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! i wouldnt expect a full album of stuff like that ... but def expect a song or 2 ... maybe 3 lol ;)
  • antarticpantarticp Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    antarticp wrote: »
    Mill should do numbers, has the biggest buzz of any artist without a major album out. Will the songs be good? There should be some stuff on there. Has everybody curious and that curiosity brings sales. Ross and his team has an eye for who will do well, maybe the best team in the game.

    see your going to far with that stuff ... they have potential to be the best in the near future ... but with YMCMB having multiple Plat selling artist .... MMG aint even close but they have the oppurtunity to out do those guys .... and sheesh we still sleeping on GOOD MUSIC ... cant forget that team over there ..... ITS GONNA BE A CRUEL SUMMER ..... MMG could get bumped down to the #3 top team if that does well ... Mercy is already platinum and thats with a verse from almost every artist on GOOD !!!!!!! .... ;)


    I meant in terms of spotting talent. Wale (even though I do not like his music) had a deal and an album that did not do well. Mill had a deal and kept getting arrested and things did not work out.Ross has never had a platinum album, but he keeps his name out there. We have to acknowledge and give his team (not just his label) props for their job.

    no doubt i can agree with that ;)

  • H-Rap 180H-Rap 180 Posts: 15,452
    edited July 2012
    GeE-757 wrote: »
    DaBull wrote: »
    he might outsell Ross to be honest

    & i can tell u now if that happenz ross will b very happy.,....

    When Biggie outsold his Boss named P-Diddy poor Diddy cried all the way too the top of the Forbes list at #1

    When Emenim & 50-Cent outsold Dr Dre poor Dr Dre wept tears of pain All the way to the top of the Forbes list at #3

    When LiL Wayne outsold Baby poor Baby went and tattooed tears on his face and jumped up to #4 on the Forbes list at #4


    A reporter once asked JayZ how he felt about Kanye West debut (College Dropout) outselling his own debut
    (Reasonable Doubt) and JayZ shed a tear and said "I know that and I'm also aware that I'm #2 behind Diddy on the 2012 Forbes list....."


    I can see Rozay playing "Tears of Joy" sobbing uncontrollably at the thought of Meek Mill selling more than him. 
    ROZAYTABERNACLEDNB1
  • antarticpantarticp Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    GeE-757 wrote: »
    DaBull wrote: »
    he might outsell Ross to be honest

    & i can tell u now if that happenz ross will b very happy.,....

    When Biggie outsold his Boss named P-Diddy poor Diddy cried all the way too the top of the Forbes list at #1

    When Emenim & 50-Cent outsold Dr Dre poor Dr Dre wept tears of pain All the way to the top of the Forbes list at #3

    When LiL Wayne outsold Baby poor Baby went and tattooed tears on his face and jumped up to #4 on the Forbes list at #4


    A reporter once asked JayZ how he felt about Kanye West debut (College Dropout) outselling his own debut
    (Reasonable Doubt) and JayZ shed a tear and said "I know that and I'm also aware that I'm #2 behind Diddy on the 2012 Forbes list....."


    I can see Rozay playing "Tears of Joy" sobbing uncontrollably at the thought of Meek Mill selling more than him. 

    can you really count PUff and Baby tho ??????? Biggie had an album out before Diddy ... and can we even count Baby ???? hes his own tax write off lol dude been flopping since the days of baller blockin lol Baby aint no hard act to follow ... if anything Baby gives folks the motivation to do this shit lol ... shit if Baby can go out and spit some wack shit get love and make money and get to come back and do it all again .... i know i can do something in this game LOL ;)

    and keep in mind that Jayz and Nas both out did thier own debuts ... but then again was it hard to do ...????? maybe in todays market for an artist coming up under Rick Ross ... but in the 90s with artist already doing plat #'s they had yet to hit thier ceiling it wasnt a guarantee but outside of nas being the first in the projects with a platinum plaque it def wasnt something new ...... both of thier debuts undersold ... especially NAS!!!!!! illmatic should of sold like hot cakes .......
    ROZAYTABERNACLEidoitforhiphop10
  • SeansosaSeansosa Posts: 1,430
    im lookin forward to wales next project over this TBH but i will still cop it tho just to support
    CaptainCrook_DISLIKESQUAD
  • AggyAFAggyAF A Weirdo but I'm Real Tho Posts: 21,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • lamontbdclamontbdc Posts: 15,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really not sure in regards to sales. I get the feeling he could do Wale numbers but then again I think he might not.

    I'm still thinking it's gonna get pushed back with Ross dropping next week. Seems like Amen getting more buzz then anything Ross has out though.

    Album should sound banging though.
  • Nile GambinoNile Gambino Posts: 934
    if nas said that meek's album is a classic then it's going to be
    Vader_F_KennedyROZAYTABERNACLEOrangeScissorsOSkoolThe Recipe
«13456731
Sign In or Register to comment.