The Official BLACK OPS 2 Thread

Replies

• kanggoodiekanggoodie Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    RIP Killstreaks (via http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/8/14/3239603/call-of-duty-black-ops-2-multiplayer-custom-classes-perks-scorestreaks)
    In another change, albeit one slightly more subtle, the Killstreaks of the original Black Ops have been replaced by Score Streaks in Black Ops 2. Instead of doling out rewards like care packages and air strikes for racking up consecutive kills without dying, players will accrue points for both killing enemies and completing game mode objectives.

"We want to reward players who are helping their team win the game mode, not just the game." A normal kill in Black Ops 2 awards players 100 points. Grabbing an enemy flag in Capture The Flag mode also nets 100 points, whereas a flag capture awards 150. Making a kill while carrying the flag awards a hefty 200 points. As those points add up, players accumulate Score Streak rewards. So, when a player's score reaches 375 they can call in a UAV. At 500 points, they can request a Lightning Strike attack. At 1275 points, Treyarch's trademark attack dogs become available.

Certain Score Streaks can add even more points to your score. While your UAV is active, for example, you'll get a 25 point bonus for every kill your teammates make. Those assist points can quickly add up to Score Streaks far deadlier.

Treyarch's Vonderhaar says the adoption of Score Streaks was designed to encourage "desirable gameplay behavior," whether it be securing territories in Domination, placing microwave emitter sentries to block routes, or calling in a UAV.

Treyarch's made some changes to the way players use their streak rewards, with new interaction states and swap in, swap out control of certain combat vehicles like the AGR (Autonomous Ground Robot), the mechanized killing machine that looks like a pint-sized ED-209. At any time, players can whip out a control pad for their AGR, assume control, kill a few enemies, then relinquish control back to the AI.

Other examples of streak reward interaction provided by Treyarch include the option to instruct an AI-controlled pilot to relocate to another position on the map and the option to burst fire a Hellstorm Missile attack mid-drop, either to spread the destruction over a larger area or concentrate it in a tight cluster.

Black Ops 2 will boast about 20 Score Streaks, including Swarm, seen in the game's premiere multiplayer trailer. Swarm fills the skies with Hunter Killer drones that attack enemies and equipment in a "morale destroying swarm."
    can we all agree on making this the official BO2 thread, and drop all info regarding BO2 in here?
    ROZAYTABERNACLE
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Posts: 4,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smh at bringing back the RC XD tho... its a killstreak ruiner and everyone hated it!
    gucci7383
  • VIBEVIBE Awww Yeeaah! Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, sounds like Trey is gonna completely change the MP we're use to. (that's a good thing too)

I like the score streak, encourages more people to play objectively.

Graphics look like its a MW 3.5
    kanggoodie
    my question is.. what will happen to sleight of hand? havent heard anything about it yet...
    Isn't it "quick hands" now?
    The Recipe
    Or, "fast hands"? I'm sure that's a quick reload type thing too...
  • dpresidentialdpresidential Posts: 609 ✭✭
    Damn... CoD... In High School you was the man homie...

This shit would look like a fun mediocre Halo spin-off. I am looking at it in 'scust because I remember the feel it used to have. Call of Duty 4 - GOAT.

The RecipeTrill Gate$
  • gucci7383gucci7383 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭✭
    looking at the list of perks and judging by how you can use the wildcard.. this game will have more campers..
    perk 1 you can have blindeye and ghost if you use the wildcard.. then theres other good shit to use eith the 2 other perks you have
  • funkdocdamcfunkdocdamc Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    New Black Ops for VITA (lol)

Looks wack as fuck to me, but you be the judge. LOL @ "All new maps" and one of them clearly being Nuketown.
    going off the previews what do yall think about the maps
    that vita looks like its just a ported black ops to hand held.. i dont think its gonna do anything related to BO2.. just BO
  • ROZAYTABERNACLEROZAYTABERNACLE Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gucci7383 wrote: »
    going off the previews what do yall think about the maps

not sure to be honest. I'll have to play them to tell if they're a pain the ass, too camper-friendly, etc.
  • The RecipeThe Recipe Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 Minutes of Gameplay

^^panic knife is obviously still around... first 30 seconds and the nigga was already swinging!
    The Recipe
    damn .. i got another good question... is there any word about stacking "scorestreaks" like can the hunter killer in the video help out to the next level if you dont die??
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    damn .. i got another good question... is there any word about stacking "scorestreaks" like can the hunter killer in the video help out to the next level if you dont die??
    i hope not.. i hate stackable killstreaks

@ThulsaDoom

Pretty crazy they're coming out with drones equipped with cameras and possibly weaponry and CoD mirrors it with killstreaks.
    edited August 2012
    Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Live stream Watch live video from treyarch on www.twitch.tv

The game does not look like a must have, after watching the livestream. Just my opinion though.

BTW they are doing one the next 2 mornings.
    kanggoodie
    r.i.p to the g11
    how dare they not bring this beast of a weapon back
    VIBE
    From gamescom

The Recipe
  • iKingGodGivBiziKingGodGivBiz Batman With Prep Time Posts: 17,733 Regulator
    I'm hyped even tho I'm piss poor at this what a shame
    @kanggoodie I think there is a perk to stack aircraft streaks, something like aviator, heard about it months ago, so it could have been speculation.