The Official BLACK OPS 2 Thread

Replies

• kanggoodiekanggoodie Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that might not be speculation @therecipe .. the way "wild cards " work, that might be true
    edited August 2012
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 will return to the 'oddball fun' of Wager Matches with gambling-free 'Party Games'

Published on Aug 16, 2012
    Black Ops 2 may have dropped CoD Points and gambling-based Wager Matches as a result, but Treyarch will still have equivalent "oddball" game modes in the future-set shooter, Treyarch Game Design Director David Vonderhaar has confirmed to NowGamer.

"In Black Ops they were called Wager Matches, and there was the 'gambling' component. But those somewhat oddball, out-of-context, just kind of fun game modes are actually going to make a fairly significant return in Black Ops 2, as what we call Party Games," Vonderhaar revealed.

Party Games aren't part of the official gamescom reveal, because Treyarch "just couldn't possibly get through everything," as well as the substantial first reveal of multiplayer Vonderhaar explained.

"Party games is how we think about that - we think about them as you and I just goofing off, having some fun in this arguably slightly silly game mode. We love making those game modes, and they'll be a part of this game too. They just don't have the mechanic of gambling in them in that way, because there are no CoD points."

What sort of oddball/goof-off game modes would you like to see in Black Ops 2? Would you rather hear more about Black Op 2's Zombies mode? Have your say below.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1541275/black_ops_2_treyarch_confirms_fun_party_game_modes.html
    focus
  • PimpMVPPimpMVP Posts: 6,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wager Matches and Zombies were my favorite CoD features.
  • The RecipeThe Recipe Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VIBE wrote: »
    From gamescom

Not from Gamescom.
    edited August 2012
    Gamescom Day 1 Video + my 2 cents

E Sports/ COD casting feature is a game changer, but damn they Jacked so much gameplay shit from BF3, No Scope Sniper Rifle, Squad TDM, Select fire, Laser sight hip fire accuracy. If your a COD fan and have been considering getting BF3 do not because BO2 has incorporated many of the unique features from BF3.

Day 2 - You get a great look at everything on this video and they breakdown lots of details visually

@kanggoodie killstreaks do stack, they are called scores streaks and it is a progress bar that fills up as you get kills and secure objectives, but you get less points for them, you get 15 points per kill with killstreaks so they stack slower. Check out day 2 from gamescom and you will see.

Lol at thinking BF3 was the first with those features

Stop being a hater.

#Cantseeshit
    The Recipe
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Lol at thinking BF3 was the first with those features

Stop being a hater.

#Cantseeshit

butthurt.jpg
    SecondChanceBro
  • DNB1DNB1 With that wrinkled pussy...I can't be yo lover Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... I can't play MW3 online unless I download DLC 3?

They taking the piss aint they?

DNB1 wrote: »
    So... I can't play MW3 online unless I download DLC 3?

They taking the piss aint they?

that cant be accurate
    The Recipe
    @DNB1 I think you need to Download the new Map Terminal, it wasnt there the first time they sent me there but the next time it was. BTW it is free.
    I had an update on the game....went to play ground war mode and it came wid a message and took me to the store.... DLC 3 was £11.49.... I was mad... But maybe I missed something... Did not see Terminal.
    DNB1 wrote: »
    I had an update on the game....went to play ground war mode and it came wid a message and took me to the store.... DLC 3 was £11.49.... I was mad... But maybe I missed something... Did not see Terminal.

It got the 3 from modern warfare 3 on it its big cant miss it, it wasnt there for me the first time either.
    ^yea it appeared today, props on the heads up..

I'm shooting up niggas for a couple hrs .. B-Luv21...psn if you want the war...

I can play, but my stats looking fucked up..my son be on there
  • gucci7383gucci7383 Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭
    The Recipe wrote: »

E Sports/ COD casting feature is a game changer, but damn they Jacked so much gameplay shit from BF3, No Scope Sniper Rifle, Squad TDM, Select fire, Laser sight hip fire accuracy. If your a COD fan and have been considering getting BF3 do not because BO2 has incorporated many of the unique features from BF3.

Day 2 - You get a great look at everything on this video and they breakdown lots of details visually

@kanggoodie killstreaks do stack, they are called scores streaks and it is a progress bar that fills up as you get kills and secure objectives, but you get less points for them, you get 15 points per kill with killstreaks so they stack slower. Check out day 2 from gamescom and you will see.

15 points a kill is stupid.. they need to bump it up to 50 points again. thats like saying if i kill 10 people in arow thats a 150 points.. thats not even enough for a care package...makes no since
  • VIBEVIBE Awww Yeeaah! Posts: 39,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gucci7383 wrote: »

15 points a kill is stupid.. they need to bump it up to 50 points again. thats like saying if i kill 10 people in arow thats a 150 points.. thats not even enough for a care package...makes no since

Fuck outta here cry baby, this shit is GOAT! It's forcing people to PLAY objectives. Most of the time I'm the only one planting/defusing in demo, this is gonna make people play in teams and play the game properly.
    gucci7383
    @gucci7383 kills are still worth 50 and objective kills 100, but killstreak, kills are only worth 15 points that contribute or stack to your scorestreak.
  • scoop1215scoop1215 Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Here's some zombie news from Gamescom

not much but it's better than nothing I think a full zombie's trailer will be at PAX
    @gucci7383 kills are still worth 50 and objective kills 100, but killstreak, kills are only worth 15 points that contribute or stack to your scorestreak.

ok the way u put it now makes since... its stacks.. but to a very minimal effect.. they found a way to put a weight to kills
    edited August 2012
    We are getting a Nuketown zombie map
    The Recipe
    edited August 2012
    scoop1215 wrote: »
    We are getting a Nuketown zombie map

Man... stop playing

You're gonna get me hyped as shit
    edited August 2012
    it's true lol check the video even ign is reporting it
    scoop1215 wrote: »
    it's true lol check the video even ign is reporting it

This is shaping up to be the best CoD

Didn't think the could top Black Ops
  • SionSion Moderator, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 21,487 Regulator
    I'll sticky this thread 3 weeks before the release.....
    The Recipe
  • I Am Jay PeeI Am Jay Pee Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love that ghost pro only works when moving if you camp with ghost you show up on the radar
    VIBEscoop1215The Recipekanggoodie