Nash Says Wrestling Died When Benoit and Guerrero Became World Champions

Replies

• TRILLip BrooksTRILLip Brooks Lefty Gunz, Lord High Executioner Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nuthinbutthetruth is one of the weakest trolls on this site.
    nujerz84BK ProductIceBergTaylor
  • TRILLip BrooksTRILLip Brooks Lefty Gunz, Lord High Executioner Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wackest*

Fuck that auto correct shit. on my phone
    VIBEgenocidecutter
  • Already Home_17Already Home_17 Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So y'all agree with short or average-height, non-threatening nerdy white boys having the belt? SMH that shit is a joke! That's why no one watches that shit anymore. Reality TV > WWE lol.

And SMH @ how corny wrestling has become. That comedy central, dull humor is not cutting it. Jericho fell off a cliff and is no longer funny, and CM Punk has always been too corny to take serious. Get some new talent ASAP or just give the belt back to Cena. At least he looks like he can somewhat fight.

im all for who deserves to hold the belt being champion. was you a fan of when wwe made the great khali champion? mason ryan is still on the roster. he looks threatening but cant wrestle for shit. you want him to be the champion?

and just because some dude is big and muscular doesnt mean they can automatically whoop anyones ass

booker t beat the shit out of batista
    chris jericho made goldberg his bitch
    kurt angle won a gold medal by defeating opponents that were bigger than him
    yoshi tatsu whooped sheamus ass when they was in development

and just in case you dont know who yoshi is
    this nigga

bio-yoshitatsu2.png

daniel bryan and cm punk are trained fighters and submissionists. they can make the the everyday looking guy, including yourself, tap out like its nothing.

just because they're the average looking guy doesnt mean they're not a threat
    nujerz84oatmealdudeBK Productgenocidecutter
  • Already Home_17Already Home_17 Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PUSHER wrote: »
    Wackest*

Fuck that auto correct shit. on my phone

you had it right both times actually
    infamous114BK Productgenocidecutter
  • Serious Juice MayneSerious Juice Mayne Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id whoop cm punk ass nigga weigh 150 160 foh
    herbalism101NothingButTheTruthBK ProductiKingGodGivBizgenocidecutter
  • nujerz84nujerz84 NJPosts: 12,969 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nash was and is one of the worst big men in pro wrestling history...
    genocidecutter
  • TheIraqTheIraq Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kevin Nash should have said pause
    KNiGHTSBK Product
  • KNiGHTSKNiGHTS Mr. Fifth Letter Your ConsciencePosts: 3,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, wrestling sucks because WWE is the only major. WCW forced them to innovate. Once Ted Turner let Time Warner/AOL buy him out, the endless budget walked out of the door with him. Now wrestling is where it was in the late 80s/early 90s: one really super-superstar in John Cena and a lot of known unknowns. Eddie and Chris getting belts have nothing to do with that.

Furthermore, Eddie was over like a motherfucker for a while with that Latino Heat and Rob, Steal, and Cheat gimmick.
    NothingButTheTruthillestni99ainne
  • NothingButTheTruthNothingButTheTruth Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So y'all agree with short or average-height, non-threatening nerdy white boys having the belt? SMH that shit is a joke! That's why no one watches that shit anymore. Reality TV > WWE lol.

And SMH @ how corny wrestling has become. That comedy central, dull humor is not cutting it. Jericho fell off a cliff and is no longer funny, and CM Punk has always been too corny to take serious. Get some new talent ASAP or just give the belt back to Cena. At least he looks like he can somewhat fight.

im all for who deserves to hold the belt being champion. was you a fan of when wwe made the great khali champion? mason ryan is still on the roster. he looks threatening but cant wrestle for shit. you want him to be the champion?

and just because some dude is big and muscular doesnt mean they can automatically whoop anyones ass

booker t beat the shit out of batista
    chris jericho made goldberg his bitch
    kurt angle won a gold medal by defeating opponents that were bigger than him
    yoshi tatsu whooped sheamus ass when they was in development

and just in case you dont know who yoshi is
    this nigga

bio-yoshitatsu2.png

daniel bryan and cm punk are trained fighters and submissionists. they can make the the everyday looking guy, including yourself, tap out like its nothing.

just because they're the average looking guy doesnt mean they're not a threat

-Yes, it's all about perception. Your champion should always look threatening in character and out of character.
    -Who cares what *insert wrestle here* did in real life. WWE is about entertainment. Entertainment is based on perception.
    -I'll beat the shit out of DB and CM Punk. I don't give a fuck what kind of training they have.
    Chi-Town Bullyinfamous114Already Home_17f.e.d.s.BK Productchi-guynujerz84iKingGodGivBiz
  • Chi-Town BullyChi-Town Bully Posts: 18,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll rather see people who can actually wrestle be the top guys.
  • TrueGodHSTrueGodHS Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    Who the fuck cares about the size of a wrestler... It's entertainment. Sports-Entertainment.

That's like saying the NBA died because the attention is only on the guards and not the Centers or some shit.

So, by Nash's logic, Kane, Big Show, and Great Khali should be the faces and champs.... while the charismatic wrestlers who might be a little smaller should be the mid-carders right? FOH
    genocidecutter
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 53,638 Regulator
    Y2J the GOAT son tweets are straight ether and hilarious
  • Crude_Crude_ Legend Posts: 16,861 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree and I don't agree.

Guys like Dean Malenko, Guerruero, and Benoit (even though he did a horrible thing) could wrestle their ass off.

They were average in stature but they could legitly carry a match.

Now on the other hand these guys had shitty mic skills and were boring outside of pure wrestling ability.

Vince promotes sports entertainment.

Most casual fans are not merely trying to watch a wrestler like Bret Hart or Dean Malenko put on a 45 minute wrestling clinic.

It's about being engaging, charismatic, and keeping the audience interested.

Say what you want about guys like Hogan but he was engaging and charismatic even though looking back on his matches he was a shitty wrestler.

Most if not all those guys didn't have that.

Those guys were great workers in the ring but not much else in my opinion.

Looks is part of sports entertainment wrestlers like Kane, Cena, Orton, and Triple H do have that look like legitimate tough guys.
    NothingButTheTruthillestni99ainne
  • BK ProductBK Product Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never thought id see a troll in OTTB...weird.
    VIBEnujerz84
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 53,638 Regulator
    I can see what nash is saying back in them days guys like punk,db,eddie and chris would have only made it up to I.C or Cruiserweight status shit Bret and HBK got lucky... but times have changed and Nash doesnt wanna realize that

Remember fellas back in the day The I.C match would 90% of the time be a better Wrestling match than the WWF title match
    illestni99ainneNothingButTheTruth
  • SeansosaSeansosa Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭✭
    nash been bitch made so these comments dont surprise me one bit
  • gucci7383gucci7383 Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭✭
    Jamaica wrote: »
    Shawn Michaels is around the same height as Benoit and Eddie. Just saying.

but hbk fall under the bigger then life persona.
    hbk> benoit or eddie
  • herbalism101herbalism101 Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Eddie-5' 8", 228lbs
    Benoit-5' 11", 220lbs
    Punk-6' 2", 218lbs
    HBK-6' 1", 225lbs
    Bruno Sammartino-6' 1", 215
    Bob Backlund-6' 1", 241lbs
    Bret-6' 1", 234lbs
    Savage-6' 2", 237lbs
    Austin-6' 2", 252lbs
    Cena-6' 1", 251lbs
    Angle-5'10", 240lbs
    Jericho-6' 0", 227lbs
    Flair-6' 1", 243lbs
    Daniel Bryan-5' 10", 210lbs

So what is Nash referring to when he says smaller? Is he talking about height or weight? Because most of the great champions were not more than 6' 2 and under 300lbs (With the exception to Hogan, Rock, Yoko and Taker, Edge, HHH) and the difference in height is about 6 inches which is not that much honestly. Most of the big guys sucked as champion like Nash, Sid, Khali, Kane...You get the gist. Nash's comments don't make sense just like the chewbacca theory

@seriousjuicemayne Punk will buss your tail so STFU and stop talking your usual shit
  • VIBEVIBE The Man, The Myth, The Fommie Posts: 41,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They look smaller on TV.
  • VIBEVIBE The Man, The Myth, The Fommie Posts: 41,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Trollio Trollio Trollololololololololol Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • young_belviyoung_belvi Posts: 679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Ya'll can have all that "new" half ass shit, just give me the "Attitude" era again.
    SeansosaNothingButTheTruth
  • CopperCopper The WickPosts: 38,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol @ nwothirdwheel
  • blackkevblaziniblackkevblazini Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kevin Nash was one of the single most boringest motherfuckers to ever watch in the ring.

That nigga LITERALLY had 3 shits he did: a big boot, a clothesline, and a powerbomb. Niggas talk about Cena and his 5 moves of doom but this nigga LITERALLY only had THEM 3 JOINTS.

This dude had less moves than Hulk Hogan.
    IceBergTaylorRawAce
  • iKingGodGivBiziKingGodGivBiz Batman With Prep Time Posts: 19,487 Regulator
    edited August 2012
    tumblr_m77xe74c9L1qzx70zo1_500.png

That's that shit Nash don't like... fuck Nash.
    VIBEgenocidecutter