New Posters & Lurkers Please Look Here

SionSion Moderator, AHH Content Producer, AHH EditorPosts: 23,688 Regulator
edited April 2013 in Site Help
I just wanted to make this thread to answer some simple questions. I noticed a lot of cats keep asking how come they can't make threads.

Here's some quick tips and pointers:

- in order to create threads you need at least 300 posts. After you get to 300 posts you should see a red tab in the upper right hand section of your screen that says "Post a New Thread". You can however create threads if you post through your mobile device.

- you can use "@" to call out posters. It may not work for screen names that aren't one word (for ex. if you try posting @Jim Nastics it may not work but if it said @jimnastics the poster should get a notification). If you're lurking you might want to consider this for when you sign up and make a screen name.

- Please check out all the threads in the Site Help section so you understand the rules of the forum. You can message a moderator in the Ask A Moderator post if you're experiencing any difficulties.

- Every once in a while you should change your password

- if in the future you want to change your name go here http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/459958/yo-name-is-yo-name/p1 only the admin can change your name

- get familiar with your profile, you have the options to edit your avi, set notification preferences, set signature settings and more. The interface is very user friendly but if you're having troubles or have any additional questions feel free to post your concerns here:

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/110293/the-official-ask-a-moderator-thread#latest

- if you're posting from your pohone check out the Mobile Help thread -- @icecoldstew is the best person for mobile help, you can check out his thread here:

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/471787/mobile-help#latest

Other mods or posters feel free to add on.
Goodideathe most forgotten

Replies

• Busta Carmichael Busta Carmichael Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
  • Sion, thanks for the valuable information.
    Sion
  • Sion-where can I find what all the (reactions) mean? Example: cosign,etc.
    Thanks
  • SionSion Moderator, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 23,688 Regulator
    edited November 2012
    Sion-where can I find what all the (reactions) mean? Example: cosign,etc.
    Thanks

Well there pretty self explanatory, in your profile you can see all the total Co-signs, No-Signs, Feelings, Ether, GOAT, LOL and even troll, spam and abuse flags you accumulate as well as who left them. Every once in a while when they're doing maintenance work the LOL's disappear but its all good they always come back lol
  • UniversalmindstateUniversalmindstate Posts: 569
    edited November 2012
    Sion. wrote: »
    Thanks

Well there pretty self explanatory, in your profile you can see all the total Co-signs, No-Signs, Feelings, Ether, GOAT, LOL and even troll, spam and abuse flags you accumulate as well as who left them. Every once in a while when they're doing maintenance work the LOL's disappear but its all good they always come back lol

Thanks again! Can you just clear up what FEELINGS AND ETHER MEAN? I want to be on point with these two expressions and not use them in the wrong term.

Thanks

Thanks again! Can you just clear up what FEELINGS AND ETHER MEAN? I want to be on point with these two expressions and not use them in the wrong term.

Well FEELINGS is for when someone is being overly emotional or defensive, ETHER is for when someone says something very disrespectful.

btw welcome to the IC fam LOL , good to see new people signing up.
    Universalmindstate
    edited November 2012
    Hey Sion...you saved me once again,really do appreciate the schooling and I'll try not to approach you too often over silly questions.
    edited November 2012
    Oh yeah, how can one figure out if a person is actually a female on this site if their avi...If this term is correct...picture, is of a female, especially if their name isn't an obvious male name too. Already happened to me embarrassed =(( :((
    Michael_Malicenillerthekid
    Hey Sion...you saved me once again,really do appreciate the schooling and I'll try not to approach you too often over silly questions. But I need to know if this site is only for the young or can an older G aboard ship too.

LOLOL no question that helps your progression is stupid or silly. As for the site's demographics, we got cats on here as young as 17 and we got folks on here well into their mid 40s. Don't matter your age or where you from, we got something on here for everybody.
    Oh yeah, how can one figure out if a person is actually a female on this site if their avi...If this term is correct...picture, is of a female, especially if their name isn't an obvious male name too. Already happened to me embarrassed =(( :((

Well LOL there isn't no way around that unfortunately LOL, just gotta be careful fam
  • Sion. wrote: »
    Hey Sion...you saved me once again,really do appreciate the schooling and I'll try not to approach you too often over silly questions. But I need to know if this site is only for the young or can an older G aboard ship too.

LOLOL no question that helps your progression is stupid or silly. As for the site's demographics, we got cats on here as young as 17 and we got folks on here well into their mid 40s. Don't matter your age or where you from, we got something on here for everybody.

Well LOL there isn't no way around that unfortunately LOL, just gotta be careful fam

Thanks for putting me at ease...feel much better knowing that the ages vary. For sure I'll not assume next time just because a person avi is of a female they're actually a female; learnt my lesson...lol

Sion
  • Lol...Sion...I know I'm back again with a question, but you seem to be quite knowledgeable of this site.
    How in the hell can I upload a quality avi picture; i'm starting off with a good quality one, actually a 300ppi jpeg, but once uploaded it comes out slightly blurry...pixilated. Plus how is it some avis on here have bigger pictures than others and clearer...what I'm doing wrong or I'm I?
    Bear with me!!!! Thanks!
    Lol...Sion...I know I'm back again with a question, but you seem to be quite knowledgeable of this site.
    How in the hell can I upload a quality avi picture; i'm starting off with a good quality one, actually a 300ppi jpeg, but once uploaded it comes out slightly blurry...pixilated. Plus how is it some avis on here have bigger pictures than others and clearer...what I'm doing wrong or I'm I?
    Bear with me!!!! Thanks!

LOL ask as many questions as you need fam, if one of us can help you we will.

For uploading pics check this thread out:

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/472648/how-to-embed-videos-and-images#latest

^^^ If the pic is saved to your computer or laptop then in order to upload it you will have to go to imgur or photobucket.com to do that so you can get the pic online and post it.

Also, I'm not sure about the avi's :( but I think some of them you can zoom in or out on them (which may help with the overall quality). I'm not too sure about the quality of the image tho, I think some pictures are just better/worse quality than others.
  • DarthRozayDarthRozay Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They probably shouldn't have this forum at the bottom of the main page lol
    SionBazz-B
  • GodNThaBuild'nGodNThaBuild'n Claudis Thompson Comin down that turnin' lanePosts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sion I can't set a sig but it will let me make a thread on my smart phone. What sup with that?
    @Sion I can't set a sig but it will let me make a thread on my smart phone. What sup with that?

Try it at a desktop or cpu. It might be that the site is or was undergoing maintenance. If that doesn't work go to your profile and check to see if you have sigs enabled or images stripped. Then try it on your phone again.

As for the thread issue... hmmmm that's unusual cuz typically you need at least 300 posts in order to make threads. But as I said it could just be that the site is or was undergoing maintenance.
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 53,290 Regulator
    boy Sion Workin out chea!
    SionLurker6
    edited November 2012

Try it at a desktop or cpu. It might be that the site is or was undergoing maintenance. If that doesn't work go to your profile and check to see if you have sigs enabled or images stripped. Then try it on your phone again.

As for the thread issue... hmmmm that's unusual cuz typically you need at least 300 posts in order to make threads. But as I said it could just be that the site is or was undergoing maintenance.

• Sion. wrote: »
    Lol...Sion...I know I'm back again with a question, but you seem to be quite knowledgeable of this site.
    Bear with me!!!! Thanks!

LOL ask as many questions as you need fam, if one of us can help you we will.

For uploading pics check this thread out:

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/472648/how-to-embed-videos-and-images#latest

^^^ If the pic is saved to your computer or laptop then in order to upload it you will have to go to imgur or photobucket.com to do that so you can get the pic online and post it.

Also, I'm not sure about the avi's :( but I think some of them you can zoom in or out on them (which may help with the overall quality). I'm not too sure about the quality of the image tho, I think some pictures are just better/worse quality than others.

Very grateful for your response and info. Thanks again!
  • Thanks! I signed up for this forum about a year ago but just started posting yesterday.

Is there an easy way to monitor replies to your posts, etc?
    Psycho412 wrote: »
    Psycho412 wrote: »
    Thanks! I signed up for this forum about a year ago but just started posting yesterday.

Is there an easy way to monitor replies to your posts, etc?

If you look at the tab where it shows your name and next to that you'll see a globe, mail envelop (inbox) and a star. You can click the globe to see your notifications if someone replies to your posts. It's updated everytime some replies to you. You can also bookmark threads by clicking the stars next to a thread title in one of the sub forums so you can keep track of threads you're interested in or frequent the most.
  • bignormbignorm Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion, i keep having to log in every minute or so.
    AM i being hacked?
    bignorm wrote: »
    Sion, i keep having to log in every minute or so.
    AM i being hacked?

Got dayum I don't know :( sometimes when they're doing maintenance you automatically get logged off. So that's what I think it is. It happens to me sometimes so I don't think you're being hacked.

If anything change your password tomorrow just to be on the safe side fam.

• TonyDubbzTonyDubbz Realest Nigga Livin' Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UniversalMindstate see? I just @'d you. Now i'm going to ether you in a donkey thread because of the above ^ quoted text
  • Tone Dubbz wrote: »

@UniversalMindstate see? I just @'d you. Now i'm going to ether you in a donkey thread because of the above ^ quoted text

Not quite sure what you're stating bru...but if you're saying this's proof that Universalmindstate
    isn't a homo, then u would be correct!!!!
    Sionnillerthekid