What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Chief Keef: Kanye aint do shit for me I made myself hot

Nah SonNah Son Habitual Line StepperPosts: 9,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in The Reason
"Chief Keef’s “I Don’t Like (Remix)” was arguably the song that gave Keef his national recognition.  Although he was a buzzing name in the Chicago scene, Kanye West reaching out for a remix allowed Keef to get radio play and gave new fans some exposure to his street raps. ‘Ye brought Pusha T, Big Sean and Jadakiss on board and revamped Young Chop’s production. He also gave a shout-out to other newcomers—L.E.P. Bogus Boys, King L—to help bring the spotlight to Chi-Town and its up-and-coming talents.

But now it seems Keef feels like ‘Ye hopping on his remix didn’t do much for him. He jumped on Twitter to say that ‘Ye’s efforts wasn’t enough. He continues to claim that he made “himself hot.” Do you agree?

@ChiefKeef:

"@kanyewest ain't do shit for me Hoppin on da song wasn't enuff I made myself hot #300 all by myself"

Smh ungrateful ass kids thats that shit I dont like
PILL_COSBYFyHunnitChi Snowbootcheese3000CashmoneyDux

Replies

• SlickestRSlickestR Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanye did make him hot though. Lil nigga mad cause Kanye didn't see an interest to sign him and put horns on his producer's shit
    blackbloc
  • CopperCopper The WickPosts: 49,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he gon let ye finish ...but ye's efforts wasnt the greatest of all-time
    rocket-2.gif
    FyHunnitChi SnowPadSuJad
  • A1000MILESA1000MILES Posts: 13,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He ain't lyin...That remix actually came late...Plus, that shit never played on no radio outchea to my memory...All Ye did was attract a bunch of bandwagoners who jumped off quickly when they heard the rest of Kief and GBE's shit...They made themselves hot...That's like Diddy sayin he made Flocka...
    Peep my latest project...Practice Makes Profit 2...Free Stream/Download...

http://johnwade.bandcamp.com/
    StoneColdMikeyP. TownDarkRaidenTrillaaaaaaChi Snow
  • P. TownP. Town Posts: 27,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's right though. He had to be some kind of hot for Kanye to even want to remix his song.
    And if Kanye made Keef hot, how do you explain Fredo Santana, Lil Reese, Lil Durk and Young Chop all getting signed?
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    All this talk about y'all mamas being 30s and 40s kinda lowkey turning me on. I want to hit somebody mama off the IC real talk. I'm a fuck around and end up one of y'all niggas stepdad sitting around in a wife beater taking my frustrations with Jay Z out on y'all with a belt.
    Meta_ConsciousGSonII[Deleted User]TrillaaaaaaBawse D.Lox
  • StoneColdMikeyStoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNPosts: 33,135 Regulator
    It's the truth, all ye really do was just attract the labels more. Dude buzz was already growin
    #Mikeyismod2017
    Bawse D.Lox
  • Meta_ConsciousMeta_Conscious Hypocrite The BashmentPosts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the only reason I bump that remix is because of Ye and them GOOD nignogs... fuck this ignorant loser...
    DarthRozayDarkRaidentb_Chi Snow
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 29,948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A million views on youtube is probably not what got him a deal. Kanye indirectly co-signing him probably did. Labels are quick to snap up anyone that seems to have a minor buzz.
    @SoulTrain4 *FMOT*

For blogs on hip-hop & entertainment:
    http://www.shobizcentral.wordpress.com

For blogs on politics and other things:
    http://www.jonoaries.blogspot.com

All blog written by me. If you like what I post on here you should dig the blogs too. I also accept suggestions on blog topics, so feel free to suggest things and also if you are a reader tell others, spread the word. I'll try not to be so lazy and actualy get some writing done.
  • DMTxTHCDMTxTHC Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bang bang.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=­̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬

tumblr_mzk7q0WwVA1s8ohmto1_500.gif
  • SlickestRSlickestR Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i retract my last statement.
  • KINGECKINGEC Posts: 7,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Igot5onit wrote: »
    He's right tho, he had a couple videos on Youtube that had a million views before Ye. It;s not like that nigga is signed to Good music or something.

c/s
  • TheIraqTheIraq Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Number 300 though?
  • LcnsdbyROYALTYLcnsdbyROYALTY King of Myself Posts: 12,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmfao @ this lyin ass nigga. Niggas be ungrateful as hell these days
  • Nah SonNah Son Habitual Line Stepper Posts: 9,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol @ "hoppin on the song wasnt enough"

This kid musta at least expected the Good Music Vice President spot when Kanyes peeps knocked on his door
  • MD_EGAMD_EGA Posts: 554 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    dis nigga here (hand in face) hwll i wish ye would hop on my shit&bring me buzz ungrateful ass kid.
    but respect his grind im just saying if not for ye he'd still be a local chi rapper
    cover.jpg
    moedaysmiamivice305
  • okaayokaay Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Real talk I dont eben notice him on the track. I cant recite one rhyme he spit. They made him irrelevant on his own song.
    BlackAX410mike06bootcheese3000
  • P. TownP. Town Posts: 27,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dbrazil412 wrote: »
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    He's right though. He had to be some kind of hot for Kanye to even want to remix his song.
    And if Kanye made Keef hot, how do you explain Fredo Santana, Lil Reese, Lil Durk and Young Chop all getting signed?

who?

Chief Keef's crew. 2 of them got deals with Def Jam, one with Warner Bro., and another in talks with Bad Boy. If they all got signed without even being on the song, what makes ya'll think Kanye did it all for Keef
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    All this talk about y'all mamas being 30s and 40s kinda lowkey turning me on. I want to hit somebody mama off the IC real talk. I'm a fuck around and end up one of y'all niggas stepdad sitting around in a wife beater taking my frustrations with Jay Z out on y'all with a belt.
  • Garv*Garv* Posts: 474 ✭✭✭
    Ungrateful?

What does he have to be grateful for?

Kanye didn't put him on, the song was already big before Kanye decided to remix it.

Kanye left the guy that made him venture into rap for someone who only though of him as a producer, and even admitted it, thats what you call ungrateful.
    buttuh_bBawse D.Loxbootcheese3000CashmoneyDux
  • MD_EGAMD_EGA Posts: 554 ✭✭✭
    dbrazil412 wrote: »

who?

Chief Keef's crew. 2 of them got deals with Def Jam, one with Warner Bro., and another in talks with Bad Boy. If they all got signed without even being on the song, what makes ya'll think Kanye did it all for Keef

they only got signed after that song dropped. then folks from the industry started checking out other chi artist. so ye did kind of help

cover.jpg