John Salley On Michael Jordan! "He's Not The Greatest Player Ever"

kAjUnkAjUn Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in From the Cheap Seats

I can't hate on the man saying magic the greatest ever..

But all that other shit i dunno....jordan not better than dr.j my nigga?

Replies

• JokerKingJokerKing Вони виявили, Ваш номер STATION в рамках цієї спільноти! Watching Jimmy Fallon With Barbara GordonPosts: 27,455 Regulator
    It has been a minute since niggas gave a fuck about John Salley
    Vader_F_KennedyStoneColdMikey
  • G MackG Mack Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like niggas can't even have opinions no more without a barrage of mfers gettin into there feelings...
  • R.D.R.D. Posts: 14,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He selling Mike short and talking about his early years

He said the Dream Team wasn't Mike's team
  • king hassanking hassan south side somewherePosts: 18,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL @ Dr J being better. WTF and I'm a big Dr J fan
    blakfyahking
  • A.J. TrillzynskiA.J. Trillzynski the IC's Patrick BatemanPosts: 2,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    lol @ 'and i'm a Jordan fan!'

dead giveaway
  • ragerage Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sally is an unmitigated clown...Kevin Mchale? Did this Ashy Larry looking nigga just say that Kevin Mchale was better than Jordan?
  • WhoisDonG???WhoisDonG??? Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    John Salley on that shit he wasn't saying that when we got that ring with Mike. Even Magic said Mike was the best.
  • evoljeanyesevoljeanyes Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol at this being factual. He just lied.
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 17,671 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    I can understand him believing MJ isn't the best, but what he was saying didn't make any sense. He acting like the Pistons used to shut MJ down every game. That's not true. Then he saying that they never worried about MJ, but they basically came up with a strategy dubbed the "Jordan Rules" just to defend him. And MJ being just another guy on the Dream Team. He was a star among stars, that's true, but it's false to act like he didn't stand out even on that team. His argument was basically "We beat the Bulls and I saw Jordan have bad games, so he can't be the best."

And I hate what they were doing in the second video. What's the point of comparing people at the same age. What relevance does that have. Lebron at 27 had been in the league longer than MJ at 27, so how is that even a valid comparison?
    almighty breeze
    lol @ MJ not being on your top lists. You're right to agree about the GOAT title being generational, and it's also true that there is a long list of people who contend for that title. That said, if you got a list of top contenders for that title and MJ isn't on it, you either didn't see him play much, are biased against him for whatever reason, or are just delusional. No one with any sense would ever say that MJ wasn't at least in contention for the GOAT title even if they believed he wasn't the best pick for it.
  • Tommy bilfigerTommy bilfiger Posts: 15,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    ..... And tbh I agree with him from a general standpoint. Jordan ain't good like that to me. There's a list of players that would shit on Jordan IMO, and that's just being real. I don't give a fuck about all that marketing bullshit. Dude just wasn't greatest of all-time good and there's nothing that can change my mind. Even before Kobe came through and crushed the buildings, Jordan was still nowhere to be seen on my GOAT list.

Lmao this dude bitter as fucc

nujerz84iKingGodGivBiz
  • NothingButTheTruthNothingButTheTruth Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rage wrote: »
    Sally is an unmitigated clown...Kevin Mchale? Did this Ashy Larry looking nigga just say that Kevin Mchale was better than Jordan?

Learn how to listen. He said the hardest players he had to guard was Hakeem, then McHale.

Did you really have that hard of a time keeping up with that clip?
    rage
    edited August 2012
    What I meant was, Jordan was nowhere near contention for my number 1 GOAT spot. He was never my number one and he was never in contention for it. He was always fighting for one of those other spots, probably more in the 4-10 area.
    nujerz84buttuh_b

Learn how to listen. He said the hardest players he had to guard was Hakeem, then McHale.

To be fair, he was making that point to say that Kevin McHale was more of a threat to them than MJ. He was saying that they could pretty much shut MJ down easy where as pepole like Hakeem and McHale gave them much more trouble. Obviously, that's BS.

He is clearly doing this with the intent to boost his reality TV hosting resume.
  • DillaDeafDillaDeaf Ol' Deaf Bastard Mississippi DeltaPosts: 3,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a Pistons fan.........so ya'll know this is coming ............fuck Mike

but he was a great player....but guys are right on the generational GOAT thing....growing up the GOAT at least among my family members was Abdul-Jabbar............key thing here...his sky-hook was unstoppable ...I mean you can't stop Jordan fully but you can game plan for him (ala Jordan Rules...and Stern a pussy for changing shit ...Jabbar used to get hit all the time and didn't complain) ..................but can you game plan for Jabbar? that is practically impossible...and if he is anywhere near the hole or in the paint, you know that sky hook is goin in, nothing you could do about...

Magic was really underrated as a GOAT since he and Bird had to share the spotlight....Jordan didn't share the spotlight...he had all the marketing skills and things on him alone....

As a side question I wonder if the Magic/Bird teams in their prime years could had beaten Jordan 72 win team in a 7 game series........??
    NothingButTheTruthDaBull
    edited August 2012

To be fair, he was making that point to say that Kevin McHale was more of a threat to them than MJ. He was saying that they could pretty much shut MJ down easy where as pepole like Hakeem and McHale gave them much more trouble. Obviously, that's BS.

I disagree. From his standpoint that was true. He was the one who had to cover the big dudes, so Jordan wasn't his concern nor did he give a fuck about dude.

Hakeem and McHale was of higher priority as far as he was concerned.

Also, if you don't think Hakeem is a harder guard than Jordan in general, you've got some studying to do.
    rage
  • I Am Jay PeeI Am Jay Pee Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swear if a nigga changed the world he would still have haters......
    ericb4prezFocal Point

I disagree. From his standpoint that was true. He was the one who had to cover the big dudes, so Jordan wasn't his concern nor did he give a fuck about dude.

Hakeem and McHale was of higher priority as far as he was concerned.

Also, if you don't think Hakeem is a harder guard than Jordan in general, you've got some studying to do.

Then this nullifies his whole point. If he's staying those those people were harder to guard solely because he had to guard them more often than MJ, then that bears no relevance on how good MJ was or wasn't.

Also, I didn't dispute the claim as it related to Hakeem. I disputed McHale, but I do think you can make an argument that MJ was more unstoppable than Hakeem. If he wasn't, Hakeem would be PPG leader not MJ.
    rage
  • Mister B.Mister B. The IC'sTeacher...learn some shit! Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good for Salley.

I been said Kareem > Mike.

And no one has yet to disprove this. Everyone just rides on Spacejammer balls.
    Focal Pointbuttuh_bDaBull
    Good for Salley.

I been said Kareem > Mike.

And no one has yet to disprove this. Everyone just rides on Spacejammer balls.

Posts like this are funny. If you believe Kareem is better than Mike, that's cool. He's definitely in that talk.

But how can anyone disprove your opinion? It's not like good arguments haven't been made. You likely just ignore them in favor of sticking with what you already believe.
    wilberdmillzdarknightChef_Taylor Focal Point
    @nothingbutthetruth I don't have an issue with what you're saying (though I disagree). You just don't acknowledge when your point is made null, at all. It's pointless to have discussion with you.
  • Tommy bilfigerTommy bilfiger Posts: 15,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    but he was a great player....but guys are right on the generational GOAT thing....growing up the GOAT at least among my family members was Abdul-Jabbar............key thing here...his sky-hook was unstoppable but can you game plan for Jabbar? that is practically impossible...and if he is anywhere near the hole or in the paint, you know that sky hook is goin in, nothing you could do about...

he had all the marketing skills and things on him alone....

What does marketing have to do wit his resume? Nike/gatorade didn't produce 10 scoring titles,1st guard ever to win defensive player of the year or 41 ppg in the finals etc

Never understood why people say that

Kareem faced C's who were 6'7-6'8 like wes unseld,dave cowens

Shaq would've destroyed kareem