How long before MMG drops Stalley?

usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 35,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in The Reason
Lets be real, dude is not going to pop off like that and sticks out like a sore thumb. I personally like Stalley but i'll be the first to admit he ain't no star, especially compared to Wale and Meek.

Dude keeps putting out music and videos and ain't none of that shit popping off, if you can't pop off at MMG right now then what are the chances he ever will. It's not like MMG is forcing him to change his music either, it's just not working.
The RecipeSleepwalkingInJapanAggyAFsapp08_2001

Replies

• lamontbdclamontbdc Posts: 16,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    True...but everybody on the label can't be a star...he might eventually dip out but I don't see it right now
    LUClEN
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 28,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought "Party Heart" would catch on especially with 2 Chainz on the record.
    deadprezadentzgenocidecutterCashmoneyDux
  • f.e.d.s.f.e.d.s. Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭✭
    less than a yr. I bet Ross drops 2 mixtapes & an album b4 they drop him tho
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 17,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Party Heart" is horrible but Stalley is a good artist. He doesn't possess the "IT" factor and he's not really ignorant enough for the average rap fan these days.

He does stick out but that's not exactly a bad thing. Just give dude a little more time, he's still fairly new to the game. He should touch the same crowd that digs J. Cole and Big KRIT, he's a niche artist, not really for mainstream consumption.

Hammers & Vogues is awesome, I think if it got some push it can work.
    CashmoneyDuxDisciplined InSightidoitforhiphop10
  • YamoleySenseiYamoleySensei Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    MMG dropping Stalley would be a bad move, especially since he's the best rapper on that label....
    Ross need to give Sheryl Swoops the boot instead, that nigga is the epitome of wack. Maybach would be better off without that cornball
    genocidecutterH-Rap 180black caesarCashmoneyDux
  • usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 35,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think part of Stalley's problem is he doesn't have a ignorant side to him. Even J Cole has that ''i'll fuck your girl'' side to him.
    ROZAYTABERNACLECashmoneyDuxidoitforhiphop10
  • c.b.b.c.b.b. Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    "Party Heart" is horrible but Stalley is a good artist. He doesn't possess the "IT" factor and he's not really ignorant enough for the average rap fan these days.

He does stick out but that's not exactly a bad thing. Just give dude a little more time, he's still fairly new to the game. He should touch the same crowd that digs J. Cole and Big KRIT, he's a niche artist, not really for mainstream consumption.

Hammers & Vogues is awesome, I think if it got some push it can work.

Good point.

I think MMG never should've dropped Pill, IMO dude can make a hit (as shown on his Refill mixtape) and has music ignorant enough for the average fan as well.

Dude was slept on, he just made a wack song on the MMG album ("Ridin on Dat Pole") and no one really knew about him
    ROZAYTABERNACLECashmoneyDuxidoitforhiphop10
    Yamoley wrote: »
    MMG dropping Stalley would be a bad move, especially since he's the best rapper on that label....
    Ross need to give Sheryl Swoops the boot instead, that nigga is the epitome of wack. Maybach would be better off without that cornball

lol At Swoops, Wale is a gold artist, Ross would be stupid to drop him. It doesn't matter if you think Stalley is the best rapper on the label, the question is does the rest of the world think that and will they financially support it.,
    The Recipe
  • qawshunqawshun Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He might be like jay mills
    infamous114idoitforhiphop10
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 17,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pill should have been signed to MMG directly (even though he's pretty conscious too) and I tell you "Ross" should have locked Khaled in a closet until he signed over Ace Hood. Stalley & Wale are great artists but they are too poetic and they lack the "street edge" cats like Meek Mill have.

As far as people financially supporting Stalley...its difficult to say, he could be another Kanye or J. Cole but then again maybe he's another Rhymefest or Consequence. There's really no telling until he makes a proper run at the charts...he needs solo singles and an album before we can answer that clearly.
    ROZAYTABERNACLE
  • young_belviyoung_belvi Posts: 669 ✭✭✭✭
    They need to drop Wall-E emotional arse. I get it nigga. You like bitches and sneakers....Yet, I enjoy his poetry shit more than his raps. Stalley is dope to me, he just doesn't have that "eager to sell his soul to crossover" vibe. I respect that, but shit ain't gonna move records. Hope it all works out for him.
  • genocidecuttergenocidecutter Posts: 9,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Never as he is the most talented and versatile member on MMG
    IceBergTaylor
  • Meta_ConsciousMeta_Conscious Posts: 24,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    he don't fit todays pop climate... they had to know before hand that he's not destined to "blow"...
    however he can continue to make good music and appeal to a small base... this can generate revenue... not to mention he can write for other artists on the label...
  • TheEyeronic1TheEyeronic1 isntiteyeronic.com Posts: 10,720 ✭✭✭✭✭

lol..how did i know this thread was going to start off with the phrase "lets be real".

ah man thats hilarious....

• ROZAYTABERNACLEROZAYTABERNACLE Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He will be dropped when he breaks one of the 10 Rozay Commandments of Tabernacle.
    genocidecutterT. Sanford
  • H-Rap 180H-Rap 180 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012

It makes zero sense to sign an unmarketable underground Sunni Muslim rapper from OHIO and then drop him because he cant crossover or blow up. LOL.

We won't ask Warner Brothers how long before they drop Curren$y just because Stoned Immaculate did 55K total and Curren$y cant sell a million records.

Some artists are content with making non-Mainstream HipHop and being successful using the Curren$y formula and Stalley is one of those artists.

It's refreshing to know that Stalley is on a team that supports him and promotes him despite him being an underground oriented artist.
    CashmoneyDuxDisciplined InSightidoitforhiphop10A$AP_A$TON
  • yeah co -sign stalley is the best lyricist in MMG he is mad slept on. his mixtapes are dope. he got a rough blue collar conscious hiphop style and he is one of the few in the game . stalley could be like common or even bigger any way he will be relevant.if ross will get let someone of the crew go it should be wale. he only raps about bitches and shit he buys he ain't no gangsta or conscious. he is the weakest in the group he is the only one with no style. to be a swag braggadocio rapper you have to be mad talented like kanye west or no body will fuck with your music.
    edited August 2012
    In what fucking world are ya'll niggas living, Wale is MMG biggest artist outside of Ross. Ya'll can talk weakest in group all ya'll want but Ross about business and money.

Wale is far from the weakest nigga in MMG, Meek screaming ass is and that weedman with the swastika tattoo.
  • loch121loch121 Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • meek mill and gunplay >>>>>>>> > manicured wale
    The RecipeIceBergTaylorCashmoneyDuxinfamous114idoitforhiphop10
  • IceBergTaylorIceBergTaylor The Spectacular Posts: 14,593 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Wale is the best member of MMG. Some of y'all can front all y'all want on that.
    As far as Stalley ; when I heard him on the Self-Made 2, I knew he didnt have the "IT" factor.
    He still better than Meek, Ross & that shit awful light skinned 2 Chainz.
    The RecipeCashmoneyDuxidoitforhiphop10Meta_Conscioustexas409
  • The RecipeThe Recipe Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the same thing about Wale, But I believe Ross is approaching his label like Dash did towards the end of the ROC, he wants each of his artist to touch different demographics.
  • The RecipeThe Recipe Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
  • keez.keez. Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm, it wouldn't bother me if Rick Ross dropped Stalley as I've never heard a tune by him anyway !!!
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 28,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "He ain't no gangsta or conscious" This Egyptian dude says that as if those are the only 2 lanes a rapper can come from
    IceBergTaylor