Back in the day: The 90s thread

caddo mancaddo man Failure is success in progress!Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
The 90s was the best decade to me. The 2ks were okay. I barely remember the 80s. The 90s had so much happen that we look back on in hip hop and we still reference.
Tupac & Biggie
East vs. West
The whole west coast revival.
The beginning of the southern invasion
That time frame is was so influential to the hip hop world today. But outside of hip hop, what else do you remember or miss about the 90s?
The style?
The movies?
The shows?
whatever?

SionStewsatyroneTrillaaaaaaloch121[Deleted User]KINGECaka_OGidoitforhiphop10PanchoYoSancho

Replies

• Ajackson17Ajackson17 On the shoulders of Giants and Elders in history UniversePosts: 21,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite movie was Forest Gump and the pokemon craze was pretty cool and I got heavy in tennis. My favorite song was by Kirk Franklin Stomp. I wear pretty much the same thing, I wear a collar shirt and some slacks or some nice clean fitting jeans.
  • caddo mancaddo man Failure is success in progress! Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    My favorite movie was Forest Gump and the pokemon craze was pretty cool and I got heavy in tennis. My favorite song was by Kirk Franklin Stomp. I wear pretty much the same thing, I wear a collar shirt and some slacks or some nice clean fitting jeans.

Bruh the current crop of kids are doing the same thing we did as kids. Copy our parents style.
    MFer rocking gumby's and wearing old grudge plaid shirts. It is repetitive.
  • Ajackson17Ajackson17 On the shoulders of Giants and Elders in history UniversePosts: 21,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    caddo man wrote: »

Bruh the current crop of kids are doing the same thing we did as kids. Copy our parents style.
    MFer rocking gumby's and wearing old grudge plaid shirts. It is repetitive.

People should wear more decent clothing. That's what I wore to school and I'm so glad the big clothing crap went away.
    GettinLonex gin
  • RahlowRahlow SmaKKKa CraKKKa Senseless Compton Cali4YaPosts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <class of 91 (though I got kicked out of Compton High & the Compton School District in late 89 never to return back to any school))

I would be forever & a day with this but here is a clip from a Rap show that came on our local stations in L.A. featuring 80's and 90's dances we did out here.

Ya'll guys are old.
    edited August 2012
    Graduated 96, went to BPCC for one semester and then joined the Navy in 96.
    I was at a high school football game when I heard about Pac getting shot. That was a sad day.

Sion
  • king hassanking hassan south side somewherePosts: 21,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Graduated in 91, was in the Navy, Chevy Blazers were the trucks to have, Wu Tang, Nas, dope ass movies being out, hip hop mix shows on Friday and Saturday nights

Nigga you were 28 in the 90's you grew up in this era

Soul-Train-Dancers_Soul-Train-Photo-Exhibition_magnum.jpg
    LOL whatever nigga

• KatKat Don't @ Me to Dumb Shit. H-TownPosts: 47,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jamaica wrote: »
    we who grew up in the 90's didnt know how good we had it smh.

That's the truth.

5th Letterpurpngold
  • KatKat Don't @ Me to Dumb Shit. H-TownPosts: 47,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lmao @ king

You grew up in the 80s..don't be trying to sneak into my decade.
    king hassanJusDre313
  • B_AB_A made her cum till she passed out Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Born in 1990 post...
    StewTrillaaaaaaIp manidoitforhiphop10rooster_cogburn
  • GettinLoGettinLo Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in my prime in the 90's... getting money (legally), getting cars, getting a house, getting a wife and kid... Also getting hair loss (L)
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Posts: 63,377 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aone415 wrote: »
    Best%252BRadio%252BShow%252BJanuary%252B1998.jpg

^^^ GOAT RADIO SHOW ^^^

purple-tape.jpg

^^^ Nothing to say ^^^

I think i rememeber this show.. 89.9 tech nine tri state heads remember this.. uncut hiphop

What yall now about the GOAT morning show
    (Crazy i never knew what lisa looked like til now)

0.jpg
    whats up yall what you wanna say who's on the phone with ed lisa and dre....

The battle of the beats/ The Top 8 at 8 on 98.7 kiss

I remember hearing either shookones or was it survival of the fittest with.. Mona lisa on the same day
    ex-soldier
    Ya'll guys are old.

bruh you are in a 90s thread!
    Katgalaxy_1221
  • king hassanking hassan south side somewherePosts: 21,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kat I was a teen in the 80's