~ Ill PiX Rules - How to Post Pics & Video + Other Tutorials & Suggestions Thread **new platform** ~

UPTOWNUPTOWN Posts: 12,995 Regulator
edited August 2012 in Ill Pix
~ Ill PiX Rules - How to Post Pics & Video + Other Tutorials - & Suggestions Thread ~

RULES
1. NO NUDITY. ANY INFRACTIONS WILL RESULT IN A PERMANENT BAN
2. NO THREADS WITH NO PICS
3. DO NOT POST LINKS TO PICS. YOU MUST POST THE ACTUAL PICS.
3a. NO LINKS ARE ALLOWED WHAT SO EVER .... DO NOT POST ANY LINKS TO ANY OTHER FORUMS OR WEBSITES. if you have a video etc that you cant post here because of compatibility issues, you can pm me the link first and i will approve your thread. otherwise it may be deleted or locked. (the only exception right now is worldstar videos)
3b. All adult videos will be links .... however ... ALL LINKS TO ADULT VIDEOS MUST BE POSTED IN THE PPM STICKY
4. NO THREADS WITH PICS AND A LINK TO ANOTHER SITE. This is spamming. if you want to promote your site please hit me up first before doing so
5. DO NOT POST UNAUTHORIZED PICS OF OTHER MEMBERS
6. NO INDECENT OR EXPLICIT PICS OF MINORS (MALE OR FEMALE)
7. NO CURSING OR VULGARITY IN THREAD TITLES
8. Thumbnails DO NOT count as pics. LEARN HOW TO POST PICS BELOW IN THE TUTORIAL
9. LADIES!!! ... Please respect the fact that this board is frequented by majority men. if you would like to make a thread cool, but please let it be clear in your thread title that the thread IS FOR THE LADIES. this will keep your thread from being side tracked with complaints from male posters. WE GOT LOVE FOR YALL .... SO LETS RESPECT ONE ANOTHER
10. NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO SIDE TRACK THREADS WITH COMPLAINTS. EITHER SHOW LOVE OR KEEP IT MOVING. IF YOU HAVE ANY COMPLAINTS OR SUGGESTIONS, YOU CAN EXPRESS YOURSELF IN THIS THREAD OR SEND ME A PM
if you have any problems pm me
if some one is messing up your thread pm me

more to come in the future .... check back for updates and amendments

Replies

• UPTOWNUPTOWN Posts: 12,995 Regulator
    edited August 2012
    How to Post Pics/

NOTE: You can test your skills in this thread once u learn. Dont just read the tutorial and go right into making/contributing to threads

POSTING PICS

There are actually two different ways to post pics ... which ever way you find convienient will do

Inline Style

or

Forum Features Style

BUT

First you must understand URL'S (if you already know what URL's are just skip to the first step)
    To learn How URL's Play into Posting pics, Click the spoiler button below
    Spoiler:

STYLES
    Inline style is simply done by typing out the html tags that will make your image appear on the screen

type the following

[img][/img]

these are called IMAGE TAGS

** note ** you have to use a separate image tag for each pic you want to post. so if you have 8 pics ... you will have to make 8 different image tag sets

now, if your a newbie to posting pics, its time to use that url you got earlier. the url needs to go IN BETWEEN the image tags ** see the red bolded below **

[img] THE URL GOES HERE [/img]

to get the url between the tags, simply right click the space in the middle of the image tags and click PASTE.
    the image tags and the url should look something like this

[img]http://i4.imageban.ru/out/2012/01/14/34cc09f1eccc1ecdd2d26dfb732ad362.jpg[/img]

once you submit your post or preview your post .... you should see the pic on your screen

34cc09f1eccc1ecdd2d26dfb732ad362.jpg

FORUM FEATURES STYLE

The forum features style works pretty much the same way but is a little easier to use if you never posted pics before. when ever you post you will see a small toolbar above the text area ... now follow the instructions in the pic below

d35a44e7fe3813b50201669c390fc4ba.png

the forums features style will create the image tags for you. from there you can just paste the url in between the image tags. you can then submit your post or preview your post to test/display your pics

** note ** remember that you need a set of image tags for each individual pic. so if you are posting 8 pics, you would have to click the image button 8 times. one for each pic

that is how to post pics ... check back soon for tutorials on creating ANIMATED GIFS
    edited August 2012
    How to Post Video

you can only post videos from certain websites
    Supported videos include:
    Hulu, YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Metacafe, Google, facebook etc

if the video is on your PC you must upload it to one of the above websites and get the url the same way as you would for a pic

if you dont know how to get URL's ... read the first section of the "how to post pics tutorial" to learn how to get it. OR depending on what site your getting the video from, the video site/player will have options for sharing the video. you can copy the url from there too. once you get the URL then return to this tutorial to use it and post your video

to actually post the video on this board is very simple
    simply copy and paste the url into your post and ill pix will automaticaly display the video for you (if its from a compatible site. if it doesnt display, then the site is not compatible)

if you put the url into your post like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzeREh_m1Mk

then ill pix will automatically display your vid like this

no coding or process to follow

the image you want to use as your avi must be saved on your computer, so remember where on your computer you save it.
    the screen will change after you perform each step ... just follow the steps 1 thru 3

7bddaf3a91c609ad06997fb77afec4bb.png

First, to begin the process, Click on your user name to open up your user profile
    1. Click on "Edit Profile" (upper right hand corner)
    2. On the next screen Click "change my picture"
    3.On the next screen Click "choose file"

from there you have to find the pic that you saved for your avi on your computer in the window that pops up

select the pic you want, then click "open" or "open file"
    and then finally, when the "select file" window closes, look down at the buttom of your screen for the "upload" button and click it. your new avi should show right away.
    edited November 2012
    HOW TO ADD A PIC TO YOUR SIGNATURE

1. CLICK ON YOUR USER NAME OR AVI (PROFILE PIC). THIS WILL TAKE YOU TO A VIEW OF YOUR MEMBER PROFILE. ON THE UPPER RIGHT HAND PORTION OF THE SCREEN YOU WILL SEE A BUTTON THAT WILL ALLOW YOU TO EDIT YOUR PROFILE

22a1ac5ecd3980624358bc48fe0cf753.png

CLICK THIS BUTTON

2. ON THE NEXT SCREEN, ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE PAGE YOU WILL SEE VARIOUS OPTIONS SUCH AS "CHANGE MY PASSWORD" "CHANGE MY EMAIL" ETC ...... GO ALL THE WAY TO THE VERY LAST OPTION IN THAT LIST "SIGNATURE SETTINGS" AND CLICK IT

9875d2ff1f0b6b9d368f78882cb05e6b.png

3. FINALLY YOU WILL BE ON THE LAST STEP IN ADDING A PIC TO YOUR SIGNATURE. YOU MUST HAVE THE URL FOR THE PIC YOU WANT TO ADD TO YOUR SIG. IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THIS IS. PLEASE REFER TO THE "HOW TO POST A PIC" TUTORIAL.
    TO ADD THE PIC TO YOUR SIG, YOU MUST TYPE OUT THE CODING MANUALLY. THE CODING FOR DISPLAYING A PIC IN YOUR SIG IS

[IMG][/IMG]

YOU MUST PLACE THE URL INBETWEEN THE IMG TAGS LIKE THIS

[IMG]http//i4.imageban.ru/out/2012/11/11/9875d2ff1f0b6b9d368f78882cb05e6bpng[/IMG]

this is what the screen will look like (instructions have been added to the screenshot)

94a2d28f7354d67dd87e1a2d29a5a7c8.png

Thread is now open for comments and suggestions ......................
  • Recaptimus_Prime360Recaptimus_Prime360 Phat Bootyologist Posts: 40,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what's the status on the new "uncut" thread?
    darkone360 wrote: »
    what's the status on the new "uncut" thread?
    Go to it and see for yourself LOLOLOL
    **daps up cuzzin dark!!**
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 52,089 Regulator
    testing 1 2 1 2

1221924472-m.jpg
    Already Home_17
  • ohhhlaohhhla Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
  • ohhhlaohhhla Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
  • death187sindeath187sin Posts: 6,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    UPTOWN HOW DO U ADD A SIG? I CANT FIGURE IT OUT FOR THE LIFE OF ME.
    UPTOWN HOW DO U ADD A SIG? I CANT FIGURE IT OUT FOR THE LIFE OF ME.
    i see you have it up now.... props cuzzin

i didnt put it in this thread yet because ppl were going crazy wit the sigs at first
    ohhhla wrote: »
    [url="h t t p://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-sqO4cUPw0"]youtube.com/watch?v=j-sqO4cUPw0[/url]

you dont need all the coding .... all you need is the url by itself

h t t p://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-sqO4cUPw0

like this^^^

edited October 2012
    ohhhla wrote: »
    [u r l.="h t t p://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-sqO4cUPw0"]youtube com/watch?v=j-sqO4cUPw0[u r l]

this is what you posted^^^
    you dont need all the coding .... all you need is the url by itself

h t t p://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-sqO4cUPw0

like this^^^

then it will display automatically like this^^^^
  • ATTSATTS Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    need nudity....
  • SleepwalkingInJapanSleepwalkingInJapan Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    check PM uptown
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 52,089 Regulator
    @SleepwalkingInJapan

Cuzzo dont be checkin that shit that lazy fuck, lol dude slackin now straight laying back as i do all the hard work around here now days
    UPTOWN
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

i just sent that negro a titangraph

cuzzin sleep was pm'ing me at like 4am expecting me to be up and on this site LOL. nigga had to be drunk as hell or blowin some purple LOL
    Lmaoo got damn 4am Sleep must be on the other side of the world with a different time zone or something