"Looper" will blow your mind, Really.

rapmastermindrapmastermind Posts: 5,518 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
MOV_25ec7a97_b.jpg

My head is still spinning. Great Flick. I'm writing up my spoiler review now. Let me know what you guys think for the people that saw it.

Replies

• Supreme_GentlemanSupreme_Gentleman #RapeCulture Posts: 19,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rate that shit out of 5 b.
  • eyes loweyes low Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the best sci fi movies in awhile. It was interesting how different the movie is from the trailer you see it made the movie that much better not knowing what was gonna happen
  • rapmastermindrapmastermind Posts: 5,518 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Please do not read this before you've seen the film. Spoilers everywhere and It will ruin the experience but if you don't care about that, read away. I give the movie an A or 4.5/5:

Looper-trailer-3-008.jpg

(Spoiler Synopsis Part 1)
    Spoiler:

Ok that's Part 1 if you think that was trippy, it gets crazier. I will write Part 2 later cause there's way more.
    Valentinez A. Kaiser
  • marc123marc123 Posts: 7,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Robin been my nigga since 3rd Rock from the sun!
  • marc123marc123 Posts: 7,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    shit is gettin crazy reviews. cant wait to watch this and End of Watch and Killer Joe!
  • Disciplined InSightDisciplined InSight The Clairvoyant One.... Posts: 12,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn!!! I had a chance to watch this shit last night but I didn't make it due to an family emergency...but I'm definitely watching this shit later this evening.
  • Sour-CreamSour-Cream Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, I was thinking about going to the early matinee to catch this, my fucking lauce. I'll catch it this morning or later this week.
  • rapmastermindrapmastermind Posts: 5,518 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to finish my review later today. Been thinking about my own personal theories. Did anyone get to check it out? I really enjoyed this flick. Bruce Willis is the man:

looper.jpg?w=600&h=400&crop=1
  • S2JS2J Posts: 18,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There needs to be a sepearte thread for people who HAVE seen it to really discuss it.

ONE OF THE BEST ACTION MOVIES I'VE EVER SEEN...and I'm 30.

For the people who have seen it, there is one angle to the movie we all want to talk about, that the trailer does an amazing job @ giving no hints whatsoever
  • damobb2deepdamobb2deep Posts: 15,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ima watch it this weekend now if its dat good..
    gns
  • BARON_$AMEDIBARON_$AMEDI YOU KNOW WHY I'M HERE! THE CROSSROADSPosts: 4,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    I'm a scifi nut so I doubt the shit's gonna confuse me. I watched the shit of "the one", star trek, quantum leap, and the stargate series. I'm usually the one explaining hit to people lol.
    gnsValentinez A. Kaiser
  • major painmajor pain Posts: 9,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    its really not that confusing...

also the trailers portray a lot more sci-fi than whats really in the movie
    BARON_$AMEDIValentinez A. Kaiser
  • Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance You the man in your city...Cool! when am I performing? RIGHT AFTER YOU ZionPosts: 25,683 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ima see it again after Taken 2 this Friday
  • Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance You the man in your city...Cool! when am I performing? RIGHT AFTER YOU ZionPosts: 25,683 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not really that complicated
    Spoiler:
    VIBEValentinez A. Kaiser
  • chi-guychi-guy Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭✭
    I loved the movie, it definitely had some nice twists and turns in there. And it was better then I expected it to be
  • BARON_$AMEDIBARON_$AMEDI YOU KNOW WHY I'M HERE! THE CROSSROADSPosts: 4,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Its not really that complicated
    Spoiler:
    Just seen the shit earlier today. You're absolutely right, it's just correcting a ripple affect in time. Looper is on some butterfly affect type shit. It's butterfly affect, that tom cruz movie where he arrested people before they committed a crime, and the one mixed up in one movie.

• MantequillaMantequilla Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah old man Abe highlights the cycle shit too. Good flick, definitely better than expected
    BARON_$AMEDI
  • ragerage Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looper >>>> TDKR

And if you were in the TDKR thread you know how big a fan I am of those movies.
    rip.dillabigb86af.r.i.c.a.PimpMVPFreeman......
  • rip.dillarip.dilla Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    very well acted and very different sci-fi story within the genre
  • FreudianFreudian Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looper was a good one. I was confused as to the fate of Joe's friend however, I know he ultimately died...but why was he losing parts of his body?
  • eyes loweyes low Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Freudian wrote: »
    Looper was a good one. I was confused as to the fate of Joe's friend however, I know he ultimately died...but why was he losing parts of his body?

They were cutting off the parts of the younger version of his friend to make the old one come back
  • _Menace__Menace_ 4 MOD West.Side.CaliforniaPosts: 24,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man I been tellin folks for years
    Bruce Willis is the GOAT
    He might be the most versatile actor in the bizz
    HafBaykedtexas409bdbdbdnawledge_godValentinez A. Kaiser
  • RXMaskedRXMasked Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    The moving was entertaining but far as being a good or even great film, I question that.
    3.7/5
    Valentinez A. Kaiserlion_heartKINGECMorganFreemanKing
  • PiffyHazePiffyHaze http://quminattiiworld.tumblr.com Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw it yesterday with no expectations. shit was good with a nice storyline.

question, the rainman was not joe?
    nawledge_god
  • texas409texas409 Posts: 13,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    seen it the other night it was ok nothing overly special