The Official Dragonball Super Thread (All my DBZ fans come in here)

Replies

• The HueThe Hue Posts: 660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Hue wrote: »
    Roshi is the one that said that Vegeta surpassed Goku when Beerus pimp slapped Bulma

Wasn't that after they found out that Goku couldn't lay a hand on Beerus? I have to rewatch that episode.

That clip is from the Battle of Gods movie
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 24,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roshi is the one that said that Vegeta surpassed Goku when Beerus pimp slapped Bulma

Wasn't that after they found out that Goku couldn't lay a hand on Beerus? I have to rewatch that episode.

Well, that's not really canon. Still, they might have said something similar in the corresponding episode.
  • CottonCitySlimCottonCitySlim Posts: 6,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, that's not really canon. Still, they might have said something similar in the corresponding episode.

BOG is the start of super, its canon
    CashmoneyDuxgemini86
  • OmegaConflictOmegaConflict Posts: 36,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 16

Da fuck?
  • KnowReasonForPeaceKnowReasonForPeace Legit 80s Baby... Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotdamn the first 13 episodes of super isnt canon! What have i been watching then?
  • StoneColdMikeyStoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNPosts: 32,375 Regulator
  • KnowReasonForPeaceKnowReasonForPeace Legit 80s Baby... Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is canon

My sarcasm didnt go over well with you huh? Lol
    BetaMrCrookedLetterCashmoneyDux
    edited May 16
    Clearly this Lonious Monk poster doesn't know anything about dragonball Z

No nigga, you're just dense. The movies aren't canon. Toriyama has sent his notes for the established canon to the people behind the anime and the manga. It's debateable which one of those are more accurate according to Toryiyama's vision, but both supercede the movies. So a statement made in the BoG movie, but not in the anime adaptation of that storyline, for example, likely isn't canon.
    CashmoneyDux
  • CottonCitySlimCottonCitySlim Posts: 6,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 16
    Battle of Gods is definitely canon, the first arc of DBS is pretty much a copy and paste of the movie.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTYLcnsdbyROYALTY King of Myself Posts: 11,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

No nigga, you're just dense. The movies aren't canon. Toriyama has sent his notes for the established canon to the people behind the anime and the manga. It's debateable which one of those are more accurate according to Toryiyama's vision, but both supercede the movies. So a statement made in the BoG movie, but not in the anime adaptation of that storyline, for example, likely isn't canon.

Nigga, both movies are cannon (in fact, the last two Z movies are literally the only Dragonball movies that are canonical). That was established in BoG when it was announced that Toriyama handled the script. They only readapted that shyt as the first two arcs because they didn't have shyt else to pull out of their ass yet.
    History of Trunks and Bardock: Father of Goku were two other movies/specials that were canon.
    Bruh.... what in the entire Shenco is this shyt?

y02m7cbtnzgo.png

Not gonna lie, I burst out laughing at Eddie's comment tho.
    Ajackson17
  • CashmoneyDuxCashmoneyDux Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Lonious Monk is usually wrong.... But he's right this time they said the BoG MOVIE isn't Canon but the episodes are
    gemini86StoneColdMikeyAjackson17
    The Lonious Monk is usually wrong.... But he's right this time they said the BoG MOVIE isn't Canon but the episodes are

Source...

The logic is dumb as fuck btw. Super's arcs were ADAPTATIONS of the two movies. They are essentially the same shyt minus some minor differences that only exist to drag out time.

Foh
    Smh@ not knowing the difference between canon and non canon
    Beta

Bruh... You of ALL people cannot talk. >_>
    MrCrookedLetter

Bruh... You of ALL people cannot talk. >_>

I don't even know who you are. What i do know is that you're in Here spewing non sense about a show, YOU DON'T REMEMBER WATCHING!
    CJ

Nigga, both movies are cannon (in fact, the last two Z movies are literally the only Dragonball movies that are canonical). That was established in BoG when it was announced that Toriyama handled the script. They only readapted that shyt as the first two arcs because they didn't have shyt else to pull out of their ass yet.

The general storyline is the same, but the movies don't override the actual episodes. Unless you believe the movies are more canonically valid for the series than the series itself.
    CashmoneyDux
  • CashmoneyDuxCashmoneyDux Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

The general storyline is the same, but the movies don't override the actual episodes. Unless you believe the movies are more canonically valid for the series than the series itself.

I read somewhere that the movies are Canon to the manga
  • inoriinori Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭
    lol y'all are doing the most right now. just enjoy the fuckin show...or don't watch

I read somewhere that the movies are Canon to the manga

lol Why would they be? The manga covers those arcs too. The basic storyline is the same for all three, so I'm not saying the movies are invalid. I'm just saying that if something was said or done in a movie, but not in the anime, then you can't really count that as canon.
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 29,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They botched the launch of DBS. They should have let Toyotaro lead with the manga and then started the anime.

They also should have not retold the movies. The basic premise and story of the movies are the same so there was no reason to have three versions of it.

People are used to looking to the manga for canon but you can't do that with DBS because the manga is canon unto itself
    CashmoneyDuxMrCrookedLetterAjackson17