What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

No love for Gambit?

ShencotheMCShencotheMC KINGPosts: 25,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in Quite Comical
Y'all really in here acting like dude don't got one of the best books being put out by Marvel at the moment? Word? Dude ain't even getting the John Cena push that cats like Wolverine and Cyclops have been getting yet dude's book is still doing numbers. This ish is ill and my dude is taking it back to the old Remy

2d_308832_0_GambitVol51B.jpgGambit_Vol_5_2.jpgGambit_Vol_5_3.jpg

(I gotta pick that 3rd one up and cop the rest of them variants now that I think about it)
SionMax.

Replies

• CopperCopper The WickPosts: 48,593 ✭✭✭✭✭
    havent checked it out...but i will
    rocket-2.gif
  • Triple B'sTriple B's Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭
    For some reason... I liked the "Death" version of Gambit
  • MorganFreemanKingMorganFreemanKing Posts: 4,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i aint even know gambit had his own series.
    King Of The South = Gold Medalist @ the Special Olympics
    LUClENHafBaykeddamnkp
  • DupacDupac Retired PurgatoryPosts: 67,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i read gamibit's wikipedia once... the upper levels of his powers were very surprisingly impressive

• Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 49,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive been picking this book up, dont got issue 3 yet, But this book and Hawkeye are suprisingly really good!
  • ra-mes1ra-mes1 Posts: 420 ✭✭
    I will def cop this next trip to the shop. Isn't it basically gambit doing his side thing as a thief? (co-sign Hawkeye)
    How many issues deep is it?
  • AmotekunAmotekun Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gambit is that dude.

This is either his third or fourth series.

I have issue 1 to his first series.

Gambit is that nigga he just needs the writer.
    tumblr_mob49dKdjE1r0bbnbo1_500.gif
    tumblr_mljib4JBUr1s5xurzo1_500.gif

• Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 49,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ra-mes1 wrote: »
    How many issues deep is it?

Yeah its gambit continuing as a theif, its almost like hes on vacation from being a hero or something lol. I think the 3rd issue came out recently or is about to. It comes out the same day hawkeye does i beleive.
  • ShencotheMCShencotheMC KING Posts: 25,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's 3 issues deep. The third one came out last week
    Amotekun wrote: »
    Gambit is that dude.

It's Gambit's 5th series btw
  • jaxnjaxn Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭✭
    Amotekun wrote: »
    Gambit is that dude.

agreed
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 66,132 Regulator
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 24,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see Gambit is getting some good writing treatment for a change. He's my favorite X-man but it's annoying how they've spent years doing nothing with him but having him play as Rogue's lap dog.

Another disappointment is that it never feels like they do enough with the big changes they make to him. I liked the New Son storyline, but they burned out his powers at the end of it. It would have been cool if he could have kept some of those amped up powers to some capacity. The same goes with his death persona. I feel like they could have done more with it. Gambit and his Death persona were different enough from Archangel to still be interesting.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

m63Y62.gif
    Glad to see Gambit is getting some good writing treatment for a change. He's my favorite X-man but it's annoying how they've spent years doing nothing with him but having him play as Rogue's lap dog.

Another disappointment is that it never feels like they do enough with the big changes they make to him. I liked the New Son storyline, but they burned out his powers at the end of it. It would have been cool if he could have kept some of those amped up powers to some capacity. The same goes with his death persona. I feel like they could have done more with it. Gambit and his Death persona were different enough from Archangel to still be interesting.

Word. They straight up turned dude into Drake. I was so pissed when she let Magneto smash and Gambit was steady simping her
    Lou_Cypherunspoken_respect
    Right, the shit doesn't make sense. Gambit was a notorious ladies man. He was fucking Eternals. Why would he go stupid like that over Rogue? Let's be real.

m63Y62.gif
  • Maximus RexMaximus Rex Pulchritudo in Conspectu Regis The EmpreyanPosts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, so Marie ain't a virgin anymore? Remy earned that ass. That's fucked up. I would've seen Logan fuck Jeannie as opposed to that fuckery.
    Oakland+Athletics+1200.jpg

“There are three types of baseball players: those who make it happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happens.”―Tommy Lasorda
    Wait, so Marie ain't a virgin anymore? Remy earned that ass. That's fucked up. I would've seen Logan fuck Jeannie as opposed to that fuckery.

I believe Gambit smashed that first during his trial for the Mutant Massacre. She let Magneto smash recently when she finally got control of her powers after the Age of X.
    Gambit #4 drop tomorrow
    detail.jpg
    Caught up on ish 1-3. I like. Reading Gambit and Hawkeye at the same time makes me think I really would like to see a team up between them. Both have that IDGAF attitude and pimp hand combo, not to mention "questionable" backgrounds.
    Yeah, that might be a pretty cool team-up.

m63Y62.gif
    Had to order issues 3 and 4 from Midtown comics the other day
    edited January 2013
    Finally got a chance to hit up my comic shop and was told gambit only running for 19 issues. Smh doing my nigga so dirty. He got 0% promo too. That's cool marvel, we still out here.

EDIT: i meant to say 19. Well that's as far as Asmus has planned it out
    I expected as much. Gambit is still a pretty well liked character, but I don't think he has the star power needed to drive a solo anymore.

m63Y62.gif
    edited January 2013
    I expected as much. Gambit is still a pretty well liked character, but I don't think he has the star power needed to drive a solo anymore.

The nigga got 0 promo and was still one of the top books. Hopefully the next arc can increase the sales though