What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Say if they were to cast James Bond as a Black man

deemula420deemula420 Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Me and my niggas was sitting round chopping it up and this subject came up. Which Black actor would you think would kill this role??

Say if they were to cast James Bond as a Black man 48 votes

Denzel
6%
dwade206R.D.Cabana_Da_Don 3 votes
Idris Alba
72%
ra-mes1dontdiedontkillanyonnawledge_godwizv.2ethosrageinfamous114soul rattlerblack caesarCopperqtipp73plocccyraxillestni99ainneunspoken_respectKINGECSo ILLWill MunnyMrCrookedLetterAlready Home_17 35 votes
Will Smith
6%
antoseeggenocidecutterLUClEN 3 votes
Micheal Ealy
4%
B_Avageneral08 2 votes
Other/name actor
10%
moedays[Deleted User]Sour-CreamcainvelasquezBK Product 5 votes

Replies

• deemula420deemula420 Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idris Alba
    Aw fuck wrong forum Mods move this for me

• _Menace__Menace_ 4 MOD West.Side.CaliforniaPosts: 26,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idris Alba
    Wanna say Denzel cause hes one of the GOATs but no

Idris Alba will fit this role perfectly mostly because hes from London lol
    A GODDESS/ICON & THE GREATEST FEMALE ARTIST EVER: MARIAH CAREY
    tumblr_mkz8t79VkZ1rmjy4go8_400.gif

KOBE "BEAN" BRYANT
    tumblr_mohdwqEFUv1rz7szho1_500.gif

AMARI COOPER
    coopered.0.gif

Dress Like You Listen To Sinatra And Act Like You Listen To Pac
    rsz_12frank_zps16b2228d.jpg
    http://www.reverbnation.com/mcmenace
    Emcee Menace-The Stranger (Prod.By A.Joy) [Billy Joel Sample]
    deemula420gns
    Idris Alba
    yeah i went with stringer bell, this shit just fits him perfectly

• ragerage Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idris Alba
    Stringer or Chiwetel. Both would be awesome.
    TomBradyFiredUp_original.gif?1355198489
    gns
  • atribecalledgabiatribecalledgabi DragonstonePosts: 13,658 Regulator
    Idris Alba
    idris is suave as fuck.

only reason i would pick denzel is for that GOAT strut of his
    Dr.Chemix
  • nawledge_godnawledge_god Lurk And Talk Shit Chiraq RefugeePosts: 5,575 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idris Alba
    Alba Has The Swag/Charisma To Pull Of Being A Secret Agent/Spy/Ladykiller....Denzel Probably Couldve Pulled It Of 15 Years Ago
    Already Home_17
  • So ILLSo ILL Posts: 16,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idris Alba
    White people would have an outrage if this shit really happened.

Oh well....LOL
    gns
  • DNB1DNB1 Still nigga... Posts: 19,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think Daniel Craig got it on lock for another few movies...

Imma have to go wid Idris tho...
    gns
  • LUClENLUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Posts: 20,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will Smith
    Eddie Murphy
    The rapper from linkin park would body the dudes in the xxxtentacion cypher
    Sour-CreamValentinez A. Kaiser
  • Black_SamsonBlack_Samson do 10 pushups everytime you read my post... you know you want too. Posts: 61,475 Regulator
    Idris Alba
    Chiwetel and denzel each had their own chance to impress..

Chiwetel with being the Operative

Denzel as Creasy

no.
    if i were an FBI Agent tasked with monitoring a forum, I'd post random pictures and watch the reactions of the people.
    j3xxbrubogcz1kewbepy.gif

Você é um otário. Zé buceta. Vai tomar no meio do seu cu. Filho da puta. Arrombado
    King Of The Onomatopoeia
  • kuskklassickuskklassic Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭✭
    Idris Elba would crush this role. and could be the role that makes him a real bankable Hollywood star like Denzel & Will Smith.

Zoe Saladana would be a great bond girl opposite Elba a well.
    ericb4prez
  • CopperCopper The WickPosts: 49,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Idris Alba
    hes british and has the stature to pull it off...and I hope he gets it in the future

denzel and will would be bigger than the film and the character...it would be overshadowed
    So ILL wrote: »
    White people would have an outrage if this shit really happened.

Oh well....LOL

true..yet they dont complain when other characters are white washed
    but true james bonds fans believe james bond 007 agent is a position that a spy agent holds and not his real name...but his cover.
    rocket-2.gif
  • dontdiedontkillanyondontdiedontkillanyon Show me some love, you losers. Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Idris Alba
    In recent years there’s been talks of the possibility of fans seeing a black James Bond at some point. Do you have any personal favorites that you would consider for the role?

I didn’t realize that there was this talk and then I did a film with Idris [Elba] and he said that he met Barbara Broccoli [James Bond producer] and that it does seem like there is a possibility in the future that there could very well be a black James Bond. And I would have to vote for Idris because I just finished working with him and he’s a great guy. [Laughs]

He’s also a fellow London native, as well.

That’s right. I didn’t even realize that until I started to work with him. I thought he was an American based on his role on “The Wire.” [Laughs]

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/22/naomie-harris-skyfall-idris-elba-first-black-bond_n_2003829.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003
  • Mister B.Mister B. Still the Devil's #1 Advocate. Come on out that box! Posts: 15,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idris Alba
    I thought that was already in the works to cast Idris as Bond once Danny Boy's contract runs out.
    mirthewriter.wordpress.com
    Read that jawn....
    Idris Alba
    And Donny Glover for Spiderman.

Fixed
    gns
  • Neophyte WolfgangNeophyte Wolfgang Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know but my gut says idris alba
  • usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 37,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idris Elba obviously, but i don't think he can carry a big box office film.Denzel imo, because i can't see Will's goofy ass being a ladies man.
    banksy-gifs-graffiti.gif
    I believe in L.O.V.E.......Lots Of Vagina Ev[/b]eryday.
    Sour-Cream
    Idris Alba
    A non British actor will never play Bond. A black man will play Bond before a non British actor will.
    jay83LUClEN
  • cobblandcobbland "Shorty": Belly (1998) Chicago...Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adrian Lester
    David Oyelowo
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • KINGECKINGEC Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idris Alba
    Idris. Easy.
    VisionBOasis
  • vageneral08vageneral08 Fuck how ya feel Posts: 19,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Micheal Ealy
    The light skin nigga could pull it off perfectly....denzel and will are too old for this role
    gns
  • S.jR.S.jR. "Living, breathing exigent circumstances." Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt something like this ever happens, besides white folks be up in arms about less significant roles (check Idris in Thor). Much less one of the most recognizable names in film. With that said I'd go with Stringer Bell too..

But I'd want Daniel Craig to ride as 007 for as long as possible, I wouldnt mind seeing Idris play a former 00 who went rogue but is just as G as Bond. But that would obviously kill any chance of him being black bond.

"WE'RE THE SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS. WE CAN DO WHATEVER WE WANT."
    10570435_10103232614376722_6086742564516233579_n.jpg
    "IF THE 49ERS SUCCESS OFFENDS YOU, SO BE IT!"

10371374_10152913129041614_9155465309841425967_n.jpg?oh=84e75d26c3266f1962eb602a4bf6c44f&oe=54D5DBD1
    Bulls / Yankees / Gators / 49ers / UCF Alum
    gns
    Idris Alba
    S.jR. wrote: »
    I doubt something like this ever happens, besides white folks be up in arms about less significant roles (check Idris in Thor). Much less one of the most recognizable names in film. With that said I'd go with Stringer Bell too..

But I'd want Daniel Craig to ride as 007 for as long as possible, I wouldnt mind seeing Idris play a former 00 who went rogue but is just as G as Bond. But that would obviously kill any chance of him being black bond.

I kind of like this better than Idris being Bond. Idris would BODY a british style Stringer Bell...Business side working with Spectre....gully side working the London streets a la Snatch or Lock Stock. Perfect remake for Live and Let Die.