Transgender woman told to leave women’s locker room

Black_SamsonBlack_Samson I drive a fast car...Posts: 46,112 Regulator
OLYMPIA, Wash. —

A transgender woman said she was discriminated against after using the women’s locker room at Evergreen State College.

Colleen Francis was using the sauna in a women’s locker room inside the recreation center at the school late in September.

The same facility is used by two high school girls swim teams from Olympia, who also practice in the pool.

KIRO 7 Eyewitness News reporter Deborah Horne spoke with Francis about the incident in which a woman told her to leave.

“I looked at her and said, ‘Excuse me?’ And she said, ‘You have to leave, I’ll be right back,’” said Francis. “She wouldn’t identify herself. All she said was that there were a couple of girls that came upstairs to the pool, and said that there was a man in the sauna.”

Francis, who acknowledges she was born a man, said she lived as a woman since 2009.

Someone still called campus police, and local parents heard about the incident.

“They’re uncomfortable with him being in there, her, being in there and are shocked by it,” said parent Kristi Holterman.

Holterman’s daughter was one of the swimmers and complained to Evergreen.

Officials at the school told KIRO 7 that they have been working with the Olympia School District, which leases space at the pool.

According to state law, it requires equal access to state facilities regardless of gender identity.

Local school officials said they came up with a temporary solution.

“There’s a smaller locker room next to the main locker room at the pool, and they (the swim teams) have been using that,” said Ryan Betz, a spokesman for the Olympia School District.

Francis believes the students need to be informed.

“This is not 1959 Alabama. We don’t call police for drinking from the wrong water fountain,” said Francis.

A parent told KIRO 7 that she is more concerned that her daughter and teammates have a safe and comfortable place to swim.
deadeye

Replies

• hueyhuey Posts: 9,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could still he was born male lol
  • NoirNoir Queen. No peasants formed against me shall prosper. Y'all hoes got something to say? Speak up, I can't hear your scary ass.Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol people are stupid. She is transgendered, she does not identify as a male, her sexual identity is of a heterosexual woman.
    hueyedwardnigmakonceptjonesAmotekunWill Munnytexasdaking88damnkpeternalmoneydeadeyegnsblackgod813FuriousOne[Deleted User]Bender RodriguezSleepwalkingInJapanpurpngoldmiamivice305VulcanRavenyeah i rap so don't BARON_$AMEDI
  • NoirNoir Queen. No peasants formed against me shall prosper. Y'all hoes got something to say? Speak up, I can't hear your scary ass.Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol people are stupid. She is transgendered, she does not identify as a male, her sexual identity is of a heterosexual woman.

still has a penis.

just cause you live in the equivalent of Sodom and Gomorrah and like dont mean everybody else should.

Sexuality and gender identity is not clear cut as black and white. I am stating that people need to learn at least the basic of sexuality, and not learn it from a book that is three thousand years old. Being transgendered does not have anything to do with the bible fallacy of "Sodom and Gomorrah". A lot of transgender men to women identifie as a heterosexual woman, and some identifies as being a lesbian.

We actually accept women who are openly transgendered, like the women we like to call, "dykes".
    Serious Juice MayneDoUwant2go2Heaven?miamivice305Swiffness!
  • KaiKai evil nerd bitch from hell Posts: 21,375 Regulator
    has she legal transitioned as well? if not she's still technically a man in the eyes of the law right?
    deadeyeSerious Juice Mayne
    kai_valya wrote: »
    has she legal transitioned as well? if not she's still technically a man in the eyes of the law right?

Depending on the state, it is hard for a lot of transgender people to transition legally. They must obtain information from their doctor stating that they are medically seen as a women mentally and psychically. They would have to go through years of therapy for the state to accept the transition, and to have it changed on their drivers license

• BiblicalAtheist BiblicalAtheist Prude OutskirtsPosts: 11,516 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They best get their asses on /gay/lesbian/transgender bathrooms and all that because no one wants them in "their" bathroom.
    gns
  • loch121loch121 Posts: 10,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuuuuuuck now we gonna have men, women, and he/She in between bathrooms everywhere
  • brown321brown321 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of those things tried to convince me that they are just as much a woman as real women.
    Do what you want to do but don't bring your delusions to everybody else
  • Will MunnyWill Munny I eat pussy on the 1st date. Posts: 24,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lady Zee wrote: »
    This was really harsh :-(

AmbitiousOne I feel for you :-(

Well that wasn't as subtle as I think you inteded.
    AmotekunDr.Chemixpurpngold
  • texasdaking88texasdaking88 Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • KushingtonKushington Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tranny faggots arent women, and they arent men...they have no place in society.

Same exact thing for tranny dykes who try to be men, on some snoop from the wire shit, they arent men.

I dont understand why those type of people exist. I just classify them as "weirdos" and keep it movin
  • Gold_CertificateGold_Certificate Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    >she
    >her
    >woman

DrPY8.jpg
    Aristo_V300
  • deadeyedeadeye Old Nigga Extraordinaire ????????????????????????????????????????Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just because you identify with being something other that what you are, doesn't mean you're not batshit insane. "Transgendered" people need to fall under the same category as someone that swears up and down that he's God, Jesus, or anything other than what he/she is and treated accordingly.

Orson-welles-clapping.gif
  • BigBallsNoWorriesBigBallsNoWorries Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    y they were at it

they should have said to leave life as well
  • CopperCopper The WickPosts: 38,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    off topic ...but deadpool needs his own animation/movie
    Amotekuniron man15th Letter