Has Anybody seen open Court where they discuss about Super Teams in the NBA

knightryderknightryder Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭
reggie,steve smith and kerr, chuck, shaq, chris webber all agree that super teams is bad for the league and
shits on Lebron for teaming up instead of recruiting....

while Kenny smith is the only one that feel like super teams arent bad for the league and tries
to compare older teams such as the 80 lakers or chuck going to houston rockets with hakeem and drexler as super teams

in which the rest of the crew (shaq,steve kerr,steve smith, reggie,chuck and chris) disagree because
those teams such as the 80's lakers were made though drafts and trades....... and Chuck joined houston when he was no longer in the prime of his career.......

Shaq then makes a great statement how he only respect
accidental or coincidental super teams through drafts and trades........

they all said they wouldn't team up in there prime.....

its a difference teaming up in ur prime than it is when ur no longer in your prime

VisionBOasis

Replies

• P swayze166P swayze166 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    was a good debate....kenny had an argument tho in regards to the ACTUAL question posed.....everyone else went off on their what I would do personally, when the question was "are super teams ruining the nba?"
    IceBergTaylorblackrain
  • usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 34,814 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niggas need to get over, what the Heat did is no worse than what the Lakers do in cannibalizing other teams talents for little to nothing in exchange (Shaq, Gasol, Howard,etc).

I mean what did they want Lebron to do, rot in Cleveland for his whole career. I mean Reggie Miller and them are delusional if they thought other stars wanted to go to Cleveland, Chris Bosh specifically said he would never go to Cleveland.
    blakfyahkingstringer belljaemoomsLos216south4lifeex-soldier
  • coop9889coop9889 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    When you were young, and you were picking teams for dodgeball or basketball in recess/gym etc....

Did you pick the average/skinny kid for the sake of parity? Fuck no you picked the biggest/strongest/fastest/most talented kid left as your teammate with each of your picks.

Its a competition, and you are trying to win. Why would you not want to be on a team of the best????
    NothingButTheTruthSleepwalkingInJapansouth4life
  • ragerage Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    reggie,steve smith and kerr, chuck, shaq, chris webber all agree that super teams is bad for the league and
    shits on Lebron for teaming up instead of recruiting....

while Kenny smith is the only one that feel like super teams arent bad for the league and tries
    to compare older teams such as the 80 lakers or chuck going to houston rockets with hakeem and drexler as super teams

in which the rest of the crew (shaq,steve kerr,steve smith, reggie,chuck and chris) disagree because
    those teams such as the 80's lakers were made though drafts and trades....... and Chuck joined houston when he was no longer in the prime of his career.......

they all said they wouldn't team up in there prime.....

its a difference teaming up in ur prime than it is when ur no longer in your prime

I guess none of them could actually articulate HOW or WHY it was bad for the league. I have not heard ONE single argument as to HOW or WHY its bad for the league.

Shaq again exposing himself as the dummy that he is. What he is saying is the would rather put his career in the hands of someone else (GM, Owner) than take control himself.
  • blakfyahkingblakfyahking The IC's Resident Father Figure Posts: 14,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shaq is so full of shit haha

the only shit I hate about the league is how it's all buddy-buddy to the point where rivalries seem insincere

but the oldheads are hating/sounding like some "I love massaboss" type shit

why would a player NOT want to take control of his career?

why would you prefer to leave it in the hands of another nigga that is basically just pimping you?
    ex-soldier
  • [Trillmatic][Trillmatic] Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead of getting mad at the super teams, they should get mad at GM's of the bad teams who keep drafting crappy players and making bad exec decisions. Or get mad at these top 10 draft picks who year after year pretty much take their money and don't put any effort in their game.
    south4lifeking hassan
  • ploccplocc Posts: 920 ✭✭✭✭
    One thing people need to realize is just like there are only so many good players, there are only so many good gm's. Not every team has somebody like mitch kupchek or pat riley, or who ever the thunders gm is.
  • MC The RapperMC The Rapper Posts: 8,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They never talk about all the rules changes that have taken place since the 80s when it concerns how players are drafted and how teams are built. Small market teams are at extreme disadvantage because of the rules changes. The Shaq/Penny Rule for example which basically puts teams that were few games outta contention from getting lottery picks. Well that's how the Bulls built their teams during the jordan era. If go back and look how the lakers were built and the Celtics were built in the 80s its very dubious to say the least . So I don't blame the Heat because the NBA lets certain teams get away some of the most lopsided trades. The Chris Paul trade was probably the only time they stopped a lopsided trade from happening and look at the result . The Lakers/Clippers have become prime time viewing .
    south4lifeex-soldier
  • ShencotheMCShencotheMC KING Posts: 23,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't got a problem with super teams, but it do kinda make shit mad predictable and corny every year

miamihear.jpg
  • BlackAX410BlackAX410 JEFF AXEL DA GREAT Posts: 26,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im not a fan of forced superteams myself. havin said dat iont blame Lebron for leavin Cleveland a majority of da core guys he played wit aint even in da league or are end of da bench players on ova teams. u cant let talent waste away like dat when u give a team 8 years nd da GM doesnt make any power moves. Bron was a free agent nd made a irrelevant franchise compete hard year in nd year out he could go where he wanted to. Dwight nd Melo forcing trades while still under their current contracts nd not playin it out demanding where they wanted to go was wack. I've gained more respect for Lebron on how he handled his situation compared to ova players thru all those shitty teams he NEVER demanded a trade.
    south4life
  • its....JOHN Bits....JOHN B Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bron should have never left Cleveland or at least demanded a trade, that was a bitch move he pulled, I hate when people blame the organization for Bron not winning a ring when they had as good of a team as any other in the league but he was a choke artist plain and simple, Cleveland was consistently making moves, i've seen players go through a lot worse (KG in Minny, Pierce in Boston before 07) but they did the right thing by staying or asking to be traded, I know Pierce would of ended up being traded if we never traded for KG and Ray, i'm with all the other players besides Kenny and Kerr, the NBA as much as I still love it is not better off and maybe it helped with some ratings (casual fans) but it degrades the product (real fans)
    jaemoomsMC The Rappercoop9889Los216rageinfamous114KNiGHTSblakfyahkingex-soldierCottonCitySlimSixGwad
  • moedaysmoedays Posts: 1,503
    I'm not against players getting money, but I liked it better when star players stayed with their teams. I think it made the rivalries better.
    WhoisDonG???ericb4prezking hassan
  • aneed123aneed123 Posts: 14,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reggie the only one who can talk because he was loyal and stayed in Indy his whole career. with that said he didnt get a ring.... the salary cap and rules have changed so u cant keep teams together. I wish Bron had stayed in Cleveland and won cuz his team was close but I dont fault him leaving just how he did it. I dont like players quitting and Bron quit in Cleveland vs Boston...Lakers and Boston had Super teams and LA stay getting the best players thru trades and free agency so lets not front super teams havent been the norm
    ericb4prez
    moedays wrote: »
    I'm not against players getting money, but I liked it better when star players stayed with their teams. I think it made the rivalries better.

What star player rivalries ? their haven't been many in the past decade if any .
    coop9889ericb4prez
  • Breezy_KilroyBreezy_Kilroy Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At first I didn't like Lebron leaving, he was the star he should've had players come to him but he lived in Cleveland. like Noah said he the fuck goes to Ohio for vacation, nobody. It's more evident than ever who is the better player out of Wade and Bron, Miami was just the best place to be. He took his career in his own and white people got mad saying you can't do that. Lebron did right, how he did it was messed up but I guarantee if something ever happened to Lebron the Cavs would've said hey its just business. Teams don't give a damn about players why should they?
    I respect Lebron for doing that still dont like him though, fuck that nigga.
    [Trillmatic]iron man1
    Why do you niggas keep saying HOW lebron left was fucked up.

NIGGA LEFT AFTER HIS CONTRACT WAS UP

Thats fucking normal you niggas are dumb
    coop9889 wrote: »
    Why do you niggas keep saying HOW lebron left was fucked up.

NIGGA LEFT AFTER HIS CONTRACT WAS UP

Thats fucking normal you niggas are dumb

So let me get this straight they would rather a player fuck up a whole season for their home team then go somewhere else during the offseason. How does carmelo,dwight howard,and chris paul get a pass for their fuckery maybe because Carmelo went to the Knicks,Dwight to the Lakers and Chris Paul to the lakers if it wasn't for the trade veto and get no backlash. I guess its okay then if you go to the Lakers,Celtics,or Knicks. For Lebron whole tenure in the cleveland they were talking about him going to the Knicks . Now they talking about him going to the Lakers why is that . It seems funny to me . I bet if he would have went to the knicks not one fuck would have been given expect in cleveland and then they would have been okay with it because for 7 years it was expected. I think they trying to pull a Doctor J. They want him to go to a major media market to be the face of the league. To bad Lebron has a mind of his own.
    JusDre313
    edited November 2012
    If he went to the Knicks, and bosh joined as well, it'd be the same drama: "Ohhh lebron has to team up with superstars!!!" etc... only it would be to a slightly lesser degree because melo < wade.

And it's be my logical guess that most stars would rather be in a major media market... for obvious reasons.
    NothingButTheTruth
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Posts: 8,593 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing about bron leaving is there was no optimism when it came to cleveland. They had no money, barely any assets and they weren't sorry enough to get good draft picks. Bron left for a reason and I don't blame him at all. I do think super teams are bad for the league.... key word there is LEAGUE. I don't blame players for trying to team up especially when they see others doing it but I do think the league should do something to help with the situation. When cleveland lost that series to Boston bron looked at that squad and knew there was no way he was winning a ring with that team.
  • ragerage Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing about bron leaving is there was no optimism when it came to cleveland. They had no money, barely any assets and they weren't sorry enough to get good draft picks. Bron left for a reason and I don't blame him at all. I do think super teams are bad for the league.... key word there is LEAGUE. I don't blame players for trying to team up especially when they see others doing it but I do think the league should do something to help with the situation. When cleveland lost that series to Boston bron looked at that squad and knew there was no way he was winning a ring with that team.

How? I keep hearing this
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 26,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bron should have never left Cleveland or at least demanded a trade, that was a bitch move he pulled, I hate when people blame the organization for Bron not winning a ring when they had as good of a team as any other in the league but he was a choke artist plain and simple, Cleveland was consistently making moves, i've seen players go through a lot worse (KG in Minny, Pierce in Boston before 07) but they did the right thing by staying or asking to be traded, I know Pierce would of ended up being traded if we never traded for KG and Ray, i'm with all the other players besides Kenny and Kerr, the NBA as much as I still love it is not better off and maybe it helped with some ratings (casual fans) but it degrades the product (real fans)

Notice how the only 2 people who cosigned this idiotic post are Cleveland fans.
    caddo man
  • ShizlanskyShizlansky Nothing better then being a father. Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

bruh the NBA always had super teams. It was never a year when it didn't. Go back and look at the history of the league and you'll see that.
    blakfyahking
  • its....JOHN Bits....JOHN B Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

Notice how the only 2 people who cosigned this idiotic post are Cleveland fans.

notice how it was a faggot ass Miami fan who caught feelings, Chuck said it himself he didnt want to leave Philly "he just wanted some help", never did I say it was commendable to demand a trade notice how I said "at least" demand a trade which to me is understandable when the organization is doing nothing to help the player compete for a ship, Cleveland had the number 1 seed the year before he left, they were in the finals a few years before, Cleveland was consistently making moves to help Bron he just couldnt get it done, at least if he asked to be traded for one they would of tried to make more moves to keep him happy, probably could of got Mike Brown fired if he wanted, if not at least he would of left the organization with something, but he bounced on the organization like a bitch plain and simple, I cant picture players from the 80's/90's pulling some shit like that I dont know how anyone can defend it, Bron should never be mentioned in the same sentence with Jordan, if he could of carried Cleveland to a ship then maybe but because he pulled that bitch ass move you cant, we wouldnt be calling Jordan the goat if he left Chicago to go team up with Hakeem, he'd be one of the greatest sg of all time but not the goat
    rageachewon87IceBergTaylorinfamous114coop9889KeepOnPushingex-soldierNothingButTheTruthJusDre313SixGwad