Ab-Soul VS Lupe Fiasco

Sour-CreamSour-Cream Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in The Reason
Who's a better artist?

Ab-Soul VS Lupe Fiasco

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Replies

• hueyhuey Posts: 9,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lupe Fiasco
    lupe is top 10 lyricist, we all know that
  • yeah i rap so don't yeah i rap so don't Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lupe Fiasco
    Lupe and it's not even close. Ab-Soul idolizes Lupe. I know he doesn't say it a lot in interviews, but dude randomly throws Lupe quotes out all the time in random conversation. Ab-Soul may end up being better if Lupe retires soon and Ab-Soul goes on a run.
  • Sour-CreamSour-Cream Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ab-Soul
    Control System >> Food & Liquor 2

Long Term 2 >> Lasers
    edited November 2012
    Lupe Fiasco
    Sour wrote: »

Long Term 2 >> Lasers

LT2 is better than Lasers. LT2 is one of my favorite projects ever. CS and F&L2 are even to me right now. Both have faults and high points. We have to include Lupe's mixtape run earlier in his career and F&L and The Cool and Ab's LT and LTM do not add up with Lupe's catalog.That is why it is not even close to me. Unless you are considering only the last three years and not the totality of their bodies of work. For the record I was listening to Ab's first mixtape in 2005 and I know most if not everyone else on this site has heard it.I included that in my vote too. I took everything I've ever heard from both of them into account.
    Ab-Soul

Long Term 2 >> Lasers

LT2 is better than Lasers. LT2 is one of my favorite projects ever. CS and F&L2 are even to me right now. Both have faults and high points. We have to include Lupe's mixtape run earlier in his career and F&L and The Cool and Ab's LT and LTM do not add up with Lupe's catalog.That is why it is not even close to me. Unless you are considering only the last three years and not the totality of their bodies of work. For the record I was listening to Ab's first mixtape in 2005 and I know most if not everyone else on this site has heard it.I included that in my vote too. I took everything I've ever heard from both of them into account.

Food & Liquor and The Cool are great albums. None of Ab-Souls mixtapes are fucking with them but overall if Ab Souls mixtapes are better than Lupes plus his last 2 albums. My nigga is on interscope and with TDE production, I think he's gonna be dropping gems with Kendrick and Q for years to come which is why I say he's overall better.

In fact GCMC >> all of Lupe's albums
    IceBergTaylortwentyfivelightersBreezy_Kilroy
    Lupe Fiasco

Long Term 2 >> Lasers

Food & Liquor and The Cool are great albums. None of Ab-Souls mixtapes are fucking with them but overall if Ab Souls mixtapes are better than Lupes plus his last 2 albums. My nigga is on interscope and with TDE production, I think he's gonna be dropping gems with Kendrick and Q for years to come which is why I say he's overall better.

Got to account for what is and not what might be. At this point Lupe is one of the GOATS and Ab will tell you that himself. I can't put GKMC over F&L right now. It's in the same league, but I can't be a prisoner of the moment and forget how F&L made me feel when I walked to Target in Gardena at 8 in the morning just to get it, the first time I listened to it, the amount of times I listened to it. Having no food in the fridge, being dead poor and listening to that album all the time. I have to take into account my situation now and my connection with GKMC. I am actually listening to GKMC now as I type this and "good kid" is playing now.
    Sour-Cream
    edited November 2012
    Ab-Soul
    True, I only come to the reason when real hip hop is back on the market. The Rick Ross, Drake and Young Money music is not my era so I strayed away from these threads.

When hip hop dies, the same shit goes.
    s3nterocks
    Lupe Fiasco
    I love that you showing the homie love brah, I only wish good for people's music I listen to. I listen to a lot of TDE as a collective and Lupe too. I'm more than likely going to listen to F&L 2 when this album goes off.
    Sour-Creams3nterocks
  • shtoopidshtoopid Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    right now i'd rather listen to ab-soul, but the cool, but the cool and everything that came before it >
  • DarthRozayDarthRozay Posts: 18,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently they're sort of even, with Ab getting slight lead.

Overall careers, I'd say Lupe based off his first 2 albums.
  • CoolJoeCoolJoe Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently they're sort of even, with Ab getting slight lead.

Overall careers, I'd say Lupe based off his first 2 albums.

Basically.
  • soul and lupe got completely different styles.
    jayeight
  • jayeightjayeight Posts: 119
    Lupe Fiasco
    Ab-soul cool as hell, smart as hell, got lyrics... but he AINT GOT SHHITTT on Lupe
    If you're talking about kendrick vs lupe then your talking but ab soul vs lupe = not possible man
  • idoitforhiphop10idoitforhiphop10 Posts: 5,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lupe Fiasco
    I fux wit Ab-Soul heavily, and CS is one of my fave albums of the year. In fact, i'll say that CS>F&L II, but Lupe got this off of the merit of his early work.
    Lupe Fiasco
    Ab-Soul burned the twista joint though. i fucks with "third eye" heavily. I dont know if Lupe could've topped him on that one. A remix would be dope
  • moedaysmoedays Posts: 1,503
    Lupe Fiasco
    Ab-Soul is dope, but Lupe is the better MC imo.
  • CoolJoeCoolJoe Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jayeight wrote: »
    Ab-soul cool as hell, smart as hell, got lyrics... but he AINT GOT SHHITTT on Lupe
    If you're talking about kendrick vs lupe then your talking but ab soul vs lupe = not possible man

Kendrick and Ab-Soul are on the same level though.......
  • IceBergTaylorIceBergTaylor The Spectacular Posts: 15,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lupe Fiasco

Long Term 2 >> Lasers

Bruh, stop.
    Lupe Fiasco
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    jayeight wrote: »

Kendrick and Ab-Soul are on the same level though.......

Yeah i see what u mean, its just seems to me that kendrick is capabable of more. I would say he's slightly better. Based on his music and soul's but theyre not far from eachother in fact very close.

• mosincrediblemosincredible Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lupe Fiasco
    Soul is underrated but I definitely wouldn't put him over Lupe. I think Soul deserves just as much attention as Kendrick gets.
  • twentyfivelighterstwentyfivelighters Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lupe Fiasco

Long Term 2 >> Lasers

22091810.jpg
  • TrillaaaaaaTrillaaaaaa Try to put salt in my name and I put pep in ya step Posts: 6,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My name is the Recipe and I should go fuck myself
    Ab-Soul all day....Fuck Lupe and his lullaby music
  • Breezy_KilroyBreezy_Kilroy Posts: 7,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Lupe Fiasco
    Niggas mustve forgot Lupe used to drop heat before he put out Lasers. Ab Soul is that nigga right now and has a promising future but Lupe will forever be that nigga

idoitforhiphop10
  • Breezy_KilroyBreezy_Kilroy Posts: 7,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lupe Fiasco

I could go on and on
    idoitforhiphop10IceBergTaylors3nterocks
  • real_hh_repreal_hh_rep Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭
    Lupe Fiasco
    Ab can't fuck with Lupe lyrically and flow-wise. He dropped a gem this year though, way better than Lupe's work.
    s3nterocks