What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

As a black man in america, tell me exactly why i should vote how it will Affect my current situation

UPTOWNUPTOWN Posts: 13,009 Regulator
edited November 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
PPL at work, out in public, and of course on the dreaded facebook/twitter are all trying to get everyone to vote.

now those who approach me and ask will i vote. i never answer straight up, i ask them why i should vote?? i want to know if ppl actually know why they are voting and what exactly are they getting out of it.

now im a black man, who lives in a majority black neighborhood etc so when ppl say "go vote!! its your right!!" my response is similar to the thread title.

i believe that ppl (including those of you who are reading this thread and are voting today) are politically ignorant. now even with google at your disposal, can you answer the thread title???
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Niggas fear what they don't understand, hate what they can't conquer.....
I Guess it's just the theory of man
blakfyahkingSerious Juice MayneDr.Chemix(ob)SceneCirocObama

Replies

• UPTOWNUPTOWN Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    and this is not just for black ppl to answer. because if you know anything about politics and this election you should know what groups of ppl will benefit and how based on who wins.

so im reading.... titangraph if you must
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • S2JS2J Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ 5:15pm election day tho?...
    _Goldie_Dr.Chemixmiamivice305
  • NoCompetitionNoCompetition Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Pres effects if the world loves or hates us. It also effects whether jobs are focused in public or private sector. What business laws are, really all kinda sh... And local elections effect laws where you live. It effects everybody's money and day to day existence. At the same time, its on you to take care of you.
    _Goldie_Meta_Consciousa.manntopoftheworld
  • Ajackson17Ajackson17 On the shoulders of Giants and Elders in history UniversePosts: 22,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing negro, nothing.
    tumblr_mb0d6eD9dS1r7bmo8o1_500.gif

Meta_Consciousrip.dilla
    reading some good things in here

especially about local and state. but arent federal taxes the bulk of that 30 something percent coming out of my check??
    don't complain about your taxes if you don't vote for state and local elections

please elaborate, give me an example based on your state or local jurisdiction
  • Louis CipherLouis Cipher Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    reading some good things in here

especially about local and state. but arent federal taxes the bulk of that 30 something percent coming out of my check??

yea...they are...so why wouldnt you wanna have a say with who is gonna be responsible for the budget that decides where your 30% is going?

but its late bruh...if we gotta convince you to vote...damn nigga
  • Ajackson17Ajackson17 On the shoulders of Giants and Elders in history UniversePosts: 22,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude schools, taxing on other items, etc. They have issues for you to vote on in your local and state affairs. Sometimes they do it twice a year.
    tumblr_mb0d6eD9dS1r7bmo8o1_500.gif

don't complain about your taxes if you don't vote for state and local elections

please elaborate, give me an example based on your state or local jurisdiction

in my city there was an amendment to determine if the city could incur debt (loans)...if that passes that could cause higher taxes in the future to pay off...i voted 'no'
  • 7figz7figz Still don’t nothing move but the money Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might meet some semi-intelligent chicks on the line ?
    soul rattler
  • irad4185irad4185 Posts: 105 ✭✭
    If you don't care about being represented don't vote. If you do then vote. If you think your vote won't make a difference then go out and influence more people to support who you vote for.
    Thehighmaster
  • Trollio Trollio Trollololololololololol Posts: 25,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proof of you being black
    The Hacker. Top Cat. Tex. Wishbone Jones. George Costanza.
    mohamedStoneColdMikey
  • blakfyahkingblakfyahking The IC's Resident Father Figure Posts: 15,607 ✭✭✭✭✭
    *waiting for some potential ether*

Connex is on the right track

but I don't think he got the heart to go where this thread can go haha
    tumblr_maj8y0LU9Y1qimbeto1_500.jpg
    deadeyemiamivice305
    *waiting for some potential ether*

Connex is on the right track

but I don't think he got the heart to go where this thread can go haha

why dont you take it there?
  • blakfyahkingblakfyahking The IC's Resident Father Figure Posts: 15,607 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll wait until the water gets deeper and there is a greater opportunity to make a larger ripple
    tumblr_maj8y0LU9Y1qimbeto1_500.jpg
    desertrain10SixSickSinsAmotekun
  • atribecalledgabiatribecalledgabi DragonstonePosts: 12,964 Regulator
    just found out last night that one of the men running for city treasury here got caught embezzling (might not be the right word, but he had some foul dealings at his last financing place before he decided to run for treasurer) money.
    so i voted against that bastard.
  • Melanin_Enriched Melanin_Enriched Your favorite basketball-american gentleman Posts: 22,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't knock his hustle.
    *Top 5 background poster*
    Started fucking with photoshop
    superstarcole.gif
  • a.manna.mann Posts: 19,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just disappointed this isn't even a troll thread :(
  • ShuffingtonShuffington Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted on 3 ballot initiatives.

one was making medical marijuana legal...

Another was "death with dignity" which would allow terminally ill people to kill themselves with some sort of medical cocktail provided by a doctor

and the last one would require auto manufacturers to make diagnostic and repair information available through universal software which could be used by independent shops so customers wont have to always take their cars to dealers and get dicked out of money.

I voted... "sure, why not" on all that shyt.