Social Lounge Debates - First Rounds: Young_Chitlin vs. The Laureate

SionSion Moderator, AHH Content Producer, AHH EditorPosts: 24,964 Regulator
edited November 2012 in The Social Lounge
Welcome to The Social Lounge Debates. In these debates you will judged based on 3 criteria - Content, Delivery and Fact. There is a word limit of 500 words per round, going over that will result in points being deducted. Additional rules are as follows: You have 3 rounds per debate and a time limit of 24 hours per round to respond. Each debate should take no longer than 3-5 days. If you are to vote please wait until the END of the debate to cast your vote. For spectators, please do not attempt to derail or throw the debaters off topic. Doing so will result in your vote not counting and you may be jailed/banned until the entire tournament is finished.

Should the United States have a vested interest in Syria ? Young_Chitlin - Yes , TheLaureate - No

Social Lounge Debates - Round 1: Young_Chitlin vs. The Laureate

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Replies

• SionSion Moderator, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 24,964 Regulator
    Even tho there are judges I created a poll just to test and see how this type of format will work....
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief, FCC Member, #RedVelvetSquad Member, IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 14,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will have my first argument up in the early morning.
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief, FCC Member, #RedVelvetSquad Member, IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 14,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you the Social Lounge for being host of these debates. I’m honored to take part in such spirited discussion.

Should the United States have a vested interested in Syria? Without question yes, they should have a vested interest. America needs to intervene in Syria as the slaughter of the Syrian people has become too much. We need to focus on a country who has IRAN as an ally. We should pay attention to a country that has Al Qaeda and Hezbollah running rampant. Syria’s leader, Bashar Assad, is ruling with the proverbial iron fist. His loyal followers are killing scores of innocent people on the daily. Weapons are being given to the rebels whose arsenal includes tanks.

The fact that President Obama has failed to do anything significant in regards to Syria is appalling. Syria is essentially carrying out genocide while the leader of arguably the most powerful country in the world does nothing about it.

Contrary to former Secretary of State James Baker’s infamous words, we DO have a dog in this fight! The Syrian people need American assistance as the situation over there worsens with each passing day. The solution is to support the Syrian National Council. Supply them with arms and any other resources necessary to end Assad’s regime.
    SionPlutarch
    I may have to find you another competitor fam, I'll send The Laureate a PM. I haven't seen him post for a while now.
    Sion. wrote: »
    I may have to find you another competitor fam, I'll send The Laureate a PM. I haven't seen him post for a while now.

I understand, do you what you got to do. The so-called former debate champion is speechless.
    Sionjanklow
  • LUClENLUClEN Sociologist. Logician. Champion Lova Babylon Posts: 17,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Life outside the internet?

nah, you lyin
    Young_Chitlin
    If you need a sub I'm interested in gettin involved if you don't have anyone else lined up already
    Young_ChitlinSion
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    If you need a sub I'm interested in gettin involved if you don't have anyone else lined up already

If you want to sub for The Laureate go ahead fam. It'd be dope to see you and Young_Chitlin go at it. Just let me know and I'll edit the thread and put your name up instead.
    Young_ChitlinLUClEN
    edited November 2012
    I would welcome a debate with @RodrigueZz
    Sion
    I'll do it... I'll rob the Kwik-E Mart.
    Young_ChitlinSion
This discussion has been closed.