What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Social Lounge Debates - First Rounds: Young_Chitlin vs. The Laureate

SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH EditorPosts: 43,812 Regulator
edited November 2012 in The Social Lounge
Welcome to The Social Lounge Debates. In these debates you will judged based on 3 criteria - Content, Delivery and Fact. There is a word limit of 500 words per round, going over that will result in points being deducted. Additional rules are as follows: You have 3 rounds per debate and a time limit of 24 hours per round to respond. Each debate should take no longer than 3-5 days. If you are to vote please wait until the END of the debate to cast your vote. For spectators, please do not attempt to derail or throw the debaters off topic. Doing so will result in your vote not counting and you may be jailed/banned until the entire tournament is finished.

Should the United States have a vested interest in Syria ? Young_Chitlin - Yes , TheLaureate - No
IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
T. Sanford wrote: »
Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall

Social Lounge Debates - Round 1: Young_Chitlin vs. The Laureate 1 vote

Young_Chitlin
0%
TheLaureate
100%
DexterBorg 1 vote

Replies

• SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 43,812 Regulator
    Even tho there are judges I created a poll just to test and see how this type of format will work....

This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 22,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will have my first argument up in the early morning.
    ¡No contaban con mi astucia!
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I see a lot of people saying they'd "give" family members money.

Thats not what you want to do.

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

So if you win, don't "give" anybody anything. Set up a trust fund.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

AggyAF wrote: »
    Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

• Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 22,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you the Social Lounge for being host of these debates. I’m honored to take part in such spirited discussion.

Should the United States have a vested interested in Syria? Without question yes, they should have a vested interest. America needs to intervene in Syria as the slaughter of the Syrian people has become too much. We need to focus on a country who has IRAN as an ally. We should pay attention to a country that has Al Qaeda and Hezbollah running rampant. Syria’s leader, Bashar Assad, is ruling with the proverbial iron fist. His loyal followers are killing scores of innocent people on the daily. Weapons are being given to the rebels whose arsenal includes tanks.

The fact that President Obama has failed to do anything significant in regards to Syria is appalling. Syria is essentially carrying out genocide while the leader of arguably the most powerful country in the world does nothing about it.

Contrary to former Secretary of State James Baker’s infamous words, we DO have a dog in this fight! The Syrian people need American assistance as the situation over there worsens with each passing day. The solution is to support the Syrian National Council. Supply them with arms and any other resources necessary to end Assad’s regime.

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

SionPlutarch
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 43,812 Regulator
    I may have to find you another competitor fam, I'll send The Laureate a PM. I haven't seen him post for a while now.

Sion. wrote: »
    I may have to find you another competitor fam, I'll send The Laureate a PM. I haven't seen him post for a while now.

I understand, do you what you got to do. The so-called former debate champion is speechless.

hqg-277.gif

Sionjanklow
  • LUClENLUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Posts: 20,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Life outside the internet?

nah, you lyin
    The rapper from linkin park would body the dudes in the xxxtentacion cypher
    Young_Chitlin
  • LUClENLUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Posts: 20,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you need a sub I'm interested in gettin involved if you don't have anyone else lined up already
    Young_ChitlinSion
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    If you need a sub I'm interested in gettin involved if you don't have anyone else lined up already

If you want to sub for The Laureate go ahead fam. It'd be dope to see you and Young_Chitlin go at it. Just let me know and I'll edit the thread and put your name up instead.

Young_ChitlinLUClEN
    edited November 2012
    I would welcome a debate with @RodrigueZz

hqg-277.gif

Sion
    I'll do it... I'll rob the Kwik-E Mart.
    Young_ChitlinSion
This discussion has been closed.