Classic Or Not Vol 44.........The Listening

StewStew Im In My Permanent PRhymeWe run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 36,274 Regulator
edited November 2012 in The Reason
UNTITLED misses the cut.....Up next

Little Brother's debut album The Listening
little-brother-the-listening-cover-art-46532.jpeg

Classic Or Not?

Classic Or Not Vol 44.........The Listening

This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Replies

• _Goldie__Goldie_ Quill Season Has Begun Posts: 15,808 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I REALLYYYYYY fuck with this album, but I think The Minstrel Show was their classic album. But Ima come back later and vote...
    Meta_ConsciousJDSTAYWITIT.
  • lamontbdclamontbdc Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    loved the album, but shit i forgot about til i seen this thread this shit and minstrel show were both dope ass albums but neither are classics

the listening was the 1st album somebody on the IC put me on too. folks were going crazy about them on this board. my how times have changed. I think that was back in what 05/06
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 19,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Good album but no classic
    AZTG
  • StewStew Im In My Permanent PRhyme We run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 36,274 Regulator
    Yes
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    loved the album, but shit i forgot about til i seen this thread this shit and minstrel show were both dope ass albums but neither are classics

the listening was the 1st album somebody on the IC put me on too. folks were going crazy about them on this board. my how times have changed. I think that was back in what 05/06

So true but the reason them niggas aint around no more cause those same niggas raving about them didnt go out and support their music. Pretty sure this album isnt even Gold
    king hassanJDSTAYWITIT.
  • BodhiBodhi Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Yes
    Yes. NC runnin shit. We put out classics not because we try but because it comes naturally.
  • lamontbdclamontbdc Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    lamontbdc wrote: »

So true but the reason them niggas aint around no more cause those same niggas raving about them didnt go out and support their music. Pretty sure this album isnt even Gold

True and these niggas need to get back together for real. I was part of that problem myself. I never went out and copped this album but I do fuck with it. I got my ass back into the store and been buying cd's the last 2 years.
    StewJDSTAYWITIT.
  • king hassanking hassan south side somewherePosts: 18,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes. NC runnin shit. We put out classics not because we try but because it comes naturally.

What you nkow about Yaggfu Front from NC?
  • Chi-Town BullyChi-Town Bully Posts: 18,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Good album but i cant call it a classic
  • bignormbignorm Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    fuck this.
  • king hassanking hassan south side somewherePosts: 18,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Yes
    ^^^^I actually happend upon this album, I was in "Leaders" when they used to be on 53rd in Hyde Park and they were playing it in the store then I went on down to Dr Wax and copped the album, was'nt disappointed
  • SunflowaSeedsSunflowaSeeds Posts: 11,878 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    This album is definitely a classic, and it is better than Minstrel Show.
    Stew
    Yes
    And yo HLF you posted my 2 favorite tracks on the album =D>
    Stew
  • StewStew Im In My Permanent PRhyme We run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 36,274 Regulator
    Yes
    fuck it, them niggas nice. A lot of albums posted are in the "Post your Collection" thread. I'm glad i have this album. I still bump it every now and then.

When are you doing Aquemini? That should be a sweep.

Going to do something diff with those "Certified Classic" joints to get them all out the way at once.
    [Deleted User]
    edited November 2012
    No
    ¨but fuck that, i got your head still boppin and my verse didnt rhyme¨

Anybody else rewind that verse when u first heard him say that? lol This nigga had a crazy flow on that verse and da nigga didnt even rhyme lol
    No
    Whut?? Thee , no redman in the vault?

Yes
    Hasnt been done yet I dont think. Only Muddy Waters
  • genocidecuttergenocidecutter Posts: 11,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 19,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I bought The Minstrel Show & Get Back, its hard to even find Little Brother albums in Detroit.
  • nawledge_godnawledge_god IC Veterano Holmes Chiraq RefugeePosts: 3,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Everybody Was Screaming Classic When This Joint Dropped But I Got Say No...Really Solid Effort Tho...A Poor Man's Tribe Called Quest
    Yes
    ¨but fuck that, i got your head still boppin and my verse didnt rhyme¨

Anybody else rewind that verse when u first heard him say that? lol This nigga had a crazy flow on that verse and da nigga didnt even rhyme lol

Yeah that was so sick.
    Yes
    More votes........
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Posts: 8,648 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Hell yea it's a classic and I think it's better than the minstel show...
    StewCoolJoeJDSTAYWITIT.
  • cobblandcobbland Robert De Niro: "The Fan" (1996). Bobby, now do you care? BOBBY! NOW DO YOU CARE? Just a little bit? Chicago...Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Went out and purchased this album after hearing "Groupie Part 2" over at artofrhyme.com (when it was still up and running).

Even "The Minstrel Show" was one of the best hip-hop albums of 2005, and in a fair world, it would've received more acclaim than "Late Registration."
  • _Menace__Menace_ 4 MOD West.Side.CaliforniaPosts: 25,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Stew how bout you sit this out....

let me take over with these threads and let Jay know I can be a MOD now and lock the thread when its done
  • GlockLesnar GlockLesnar Not a poster I'm an actor in a film called: 'leave me the hell alone until I find a real job'Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    hell fucking yea its a classic
This discussion has been closed.