Something fishy is going on

MC The RapperMC The Rapper Posts: 8,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
Over the pass couple weeks they has been a shake up

Over the past couple of months major leadership has shifted in China , Russia and now the US with the resignation of the Head of the CIA all over scandals .

What could this mean for the future?

Replies

  • janklowjanklow god's lonely man. Posts: 5,824 Regulator
    okay, "major leadership" absolutely did not shift in Russia. and not really in China, either. also, what about any of this is "fishy?"
    Siona.manngrumpycat
  • SionSion Moderator, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 20,377 Regulator
    Putin aint goin NOWHERE LOLOL.

    I think cuz it's near the end of the year a lot of countries and organizations are looking at the year in review and making changes in management fam. Hilary Clinton and Ben Bernanke's terms are up I think in December or January, whether or not they come back depends on the heads in charge.

    I really think Obama should keep Ben Bernanke or if not take Erskine Bowles. I just hope he doesn't take that fool Mohammad El-Erian, he's a genius and I like his interviews but he needs to STFU about this "new normal" non-sense. But Ben Bernanke is the GOAT.
  • MC The RapperMC The Rapper Posts: 8,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    word hahaha okay

    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/05/world/asia/chinas-communist-party-expels-bo-xilai.html?_r=0

    The decision to expel Mr. Bo signaled that top leaders had reached a consensus on this delicate issue. Mr. Bo had been a contender for one of the party’s highest positions until his spectacular fall this year and still had support among some party members. Among the accusations against him are that he abused his power, took large bribes and hindered a police investigation into the death of a British businessman. Mr. Bo’s wife was convicted of the Briton’s murder in August. Mr. Bo, who has been incommunicado since his detention in March, is expected to stand trial in the coming months.

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/russian-defense-chief-fired/2012/11/06/f9e5e89c-2816-11e2-bab2-eda299503684_story.html

    now Russia

    MOSCOW – A burgeoning $100 million corruption scandal claimed Russia’s defense minister Tuesday, as President Vladimir Putin sent Anatoly Serdyukov packing. It appeared to be the first time a top government official here has been fired for graft since the era of Soviet leader Mikhail S. Gorbachev in the 1980s.

    Putin’s decision to rid the government of Serdyukov, a longtime loyal functionary, rather than simply shift him to another job as he normally would, quickly launched several theories as to what was behind the move. One thing analysts agreed on was that corruption was the pretext and not the underlying reason for the firing.

    which then lead to this......

    Iraq has cancelled a $4.2bn (£2.6bn) deal to buy arms from Russia because of concerns about "corruption", an Iraqi government advisor has said.

    Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Maliki has launched an investigation into the deal, his spokesman told the BBC.

    The purchase - said to include attack helicopters and missiles - was only signed off in October.

    Iraq has been rebuilding its armed forces since the end of US-led combat operations against insurgents.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-20278774
    Sion
  • MC The RapperMC The Rapper Posts: 8,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    So I'm going to ask again because everybody isn't as versed in these situations as I am . The change at the top of our Intelligence agent . The change of Russia's defense minister (who was reshaping Russia's military and has connections to Russia's state own energy company Gazpom)and a top Red party bluechipper getting expelled from the party after a scandal (the killing of a possible MI-6 informant) all around the same time is quite interesting . It already had one consequence the end of a major arms deal in Iraq but what could be the other on fall out?
  • MC The RapperMC The Rapper Posts: 8,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Sion. wrote: »
    Putin aint goin NOWHERE LOLOL.

    I think cuz it's near the end of the year a lot of countries and organizations are looking at the year in review and making changes in management fam. Hilary Clinton and Ben Bernanke's terms are up I think in December or January, whether or not they come back depends on the heads in charge.

    I really think Obama should keep Ben Bernanke or if not take Erskine Bowles. I just hope he doesn't take that fool Mohammad El-Erian, he's a genius and I like his interviews but he needs to STFU about this "new normal" non-sense. But Ben Bernanke is the GOAT.

    Hold off on those statements too

    Putin is 60 and there have been concerns about his health. A easy opening for somebody to try his position. He's been working from home

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/putin-hunkers-down/2012/11/01/097af4c8-240c-11e2-9313-3c7f59038d93_story.html
  • ragerage Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's fishy about governments turfing out corrupt officials? All three fucked up and all three are getting the boot...what's the issue?
  • MC The RapperMC The Rapper Posts: 8,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rage wrote: »
    What's fishy about governments turfing out corrupt officials? All three fucked up and all three are getting the boot...what's the issue?

    Putin sacked dude because he needs allies right now. Any time they talk about a political leaders health and well being thats code for somebody coming for his head. Most of the russian powerplayers didn't like the Defense Minister so he used the corruption angle as a excuse to get rid of him . Mr. Bo's situation is crazy its not that his wife killed a guy its more to do with the guy being a possible MI-6 informant otherwise it would have been swept under the rug. The Head of the CIA just coming out of nowhere announcing his resignation means somebody had dirt on him and he thought it was just better to resign. This all happens at practically the same damn time makes it fishy . The three major superpowers have major officials with high amounts of influence getting the boot .
  • ragerage Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rage wrote: »
    What's fishy about governments turfing out corrupt officials? All three fucked up and all three are getting the boot...what's the issue?

    Putin sacked dude because he needs allies right now. Any time they talk about a political leaders health and well being thats code for somebody coming for his head. Most of the russian powerplayers didn't like the Defense Minister so he used the corruption angle as a excuse to get rid of him . Mr. Bo's situation is crazy its not that his wife killed a guy its more to do with the guy being a possible MI-6 informant otherwise it would have been swept under the rug. The Head of the CIA just coming out of nowhere announcing his resignation means somebody had dirt on him and he thought it was just better to resign. This all happens at practically the same damn time makes it fishy . The three major superpowers have major officials with high amounts of influence getting the boot .

    Can we please stop with this! Wtf? You just made up two Tom Clancy novels out of dudes getting turfed out for doing dumb shit. Everything you just typed is just wild conjecture with no proof and zero basis in reality. We have REAL world issues...not this made up tin foil hat shit....man I thought we were past all this.
    a.mann
  • a.manna.mann Posts: 17,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ragerage Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a.mann wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^


    that's Fox News/Conservative for ya

    Its not just Fox news/Conservatives....they get the most amount of attention because Fox is a giant media corporation...but its this new age of YouTube journalism. Lets hack together a few quotes and use "ad hoc ergo propter hoc" to come up with a conspiracy theory.
  • MC The RapperMC The Rapper Posts: 8,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    rage wrote: »
    rage wrote: »
    What's fishy about governments turfing out corrupt officials? All three fucked up and all three are getting the boot...what's the issue?

    Putin sacked dude because he needs allies right now. Any time they talk about a political leaders health and well being thats code for somebody coming for his head. Most of the russian powerplayers didn't like the Defense Minister so he used the corruption angle as a excuse to get rid of him . Mr. Bo's situation is crazy its not that his wife killed a guy its more to do with the guy being a possible MI-6 informant otherwise it would have been swept under the rug. The Head of the CIA just coming out of nowhere announcing his resignation means somebody had dirt on him and he thought it was just better to resign. This all happens at practically the same damn time makes it fishy . The three major superpowers have major officials with high amounts of influence getting the boot .

    Can we please stop with this! Wtf? You just made up two Tom Clancy novels out of dudes getting turfed out for doing dumb shit. Everything you just typed is just wild conjecture with no proof and zero basis in reality. We have REAL world issues...not this made up tin foil hat shit....man I thought we were past all this.

    there is no tin foil hat its all from reputable news sources lets go article clipping and give you the sources and tell me its some type of conspiracy theory .

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20281355

    Unnamed officials said the FBI was checking his private account when it found Mr Petraeus was having an affair with his biographer, Paula Broadwell.

    Mr Petraeus described his behaviour as "unacceptable" for the leader of the nation's main intelligence agency.

    President Barack Obama has praised him.

    His resignation came just three days after President Obama's re-election.

    next up

    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204846304578090740894694144.html

    In meetings, the British consultant hinted about his connections to Bo Xilai—the onetime Communist Party highflier—but often he would refuse to hand over a business card. He spoke Mandarin, smoked heavily and worked part time for a dealer of Aston Martin cars, the British brand driven by James Bond. Some thought him a fantasist, others a fraud.

    But his contrived aura of mystery appears to have been a double bluff: He had been knowingly providing information about the Bo family to Britain's Secret Intelligence Service, known as MI6, for more than a year when he was murdered in China last November, an investigation by The Wall Street Journal has found.

    I guess Wall Street Journal and BBC got on tin foil hats too. Do I need to do the Putin joint too or should just let you chew on these .
    Sion
  • MC The RapperMC The Rapper Posts: 8,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • janklowjanklow god's lonely man. Posts: 5,824 Regulator
    word hahaha okay
    yeah, okay:
    The decision to expel Mr. Bo signaled that top leaders had reached a consensus on this delicate issue. Mr. Bo had been a contender for one of the party’s highest positions until his spectacular fall this year and still had support among some party members.
    okay, let's discuss the ACTUAL major leadership change in China, per your article:
    The 365-member Central Committee met for four days before the start of the 18th Party Congress on Thursday, when President Hu Jintao and Prime Minister Wen Jiabao are to retire. Mr. Hu is to be replaced by Xi Jinping and Mr. Wen by Li Keqiang.
    so this has been in motion for months/years and nothing as changed as far as this goes. sounds like no real shift.

    now Russia:
    MOSCOW – A burgeoning $100 million corruption scandal claimed Russia’s defense minister Tuesday, as President Vladimir Putin sent Anatoly Serdyukov packing. It appeared to be the first time a top government official here has been fired for graft since the era of Soviet leader Mikhail S. Gorbachev in the 1980s.
    i thought you said major leadership had shifted in Russia? because if you're telling me Putin - the major leadership in Russia - has dismissed someone for graft, how does that actually show a change in leadership?
    Iraq has cancelled a $4.2bn (£2.6bn) deal to buy arms from Russia because of concerns about "corruption", an Iraqi government advisor has said.
    Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Maliki has launched an investigation into the deal, his spokesman told the BBC.
    unless, however, this is not actually accurate:

    Iraqi minister says arms deal 'not cancelled'
    Iraq's acting defence minister has denied media reports that a $4.2bn package of arms deals with Russia was cancelled due to corruption concerns.

    Saadun al-Dulaimi announced on Saturday the deal "the deal is going ahead", shortly after Ali Mussawi, a senior adviser to Nouri al-Maliki, Iraqi prime minister, said it had been scrapped.

    Al Jazeera's Jane Arraf, reporting from Baghdad, said the order of attack helicopters and surface-to-air missiles will be used for "counterterrorism efforts", according to Iraqi officials.

    She said the deal is a signal that Baghdad "for technical reasons and for political reasons, would like to not be entirely dependent on the United States" for military armaments.

    This is especially important, our correspondent said, because much of the nation's weaponry was destroyed following the US invasion in 2003.
    then there's my question about "what about any of this is "fishy?"" that you did not discuss...
    So I'm going to ask again because everybody isn't as versed in these situations as I am.
    if you need to cheerlead for YOURSELF in your own thread, you're probably not "as versed in these situations" as you think
    Sion
  • MC The RapperMC The Rapper Posts: 8,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    janklow wrote: »
    word hahaha okay
    yeah, okay:
    The decision to expel Mr. Bo signaled that top leaders had reached a consensus on this delicate issue. Mr. Bo had been a contender for one of the party’s highest positions until his spectacular fall this year and still had support among some party members.
    okay, let's discuss the ACTUAL major leadership change in China, per your article:
    The 365-member Central Committee met for four days before the start of the 18th Party Congress on Thursday, when President Hu Jintao and Prime Minister Wen Jiabao are to retire. Mr. Hu is to be replaced by Xi Jinping and Mr. Wen by Li Keqiang.
    so this has been in motion for months/years and nothing as changed as far as this goes. sounds like no real shift.

    now Russia:
    MOSCOW – A burgeoning $100 million corruption scandal claimed Russia’s defense minister Tuesday, as President Vladimir Putin sent Anatoly Serdyukov packing. It appeared to be the first time a top government official here has been fired for graft since the era of Soviet leader Mikhail S. Gorbachev in the 1980s.
    i thought you said major leadership had shifted in Russia? because if you're telling me Putin - the major leadership in Russia - has dismissed someone for graft, how does that actually show a change in leadership?
    Iraq has cancelled a $4.2bn (£2.6bn) deal to buy arms from Russia because of concerns about "corruption", an Iraqi government advisor has said.
    Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Maliki has launched an investigation into the deal, his spokesman told the BBC.
    unless, however, this is not actually accurate:

    Iraqi minister says arms deal 'not cancelled'
    Iraq's acting defence minister has denied media reports that a $4.2bn package of arms deals with Russia was cancelled due to corruption concerns.

    Saadun al-Dulaimi announced on Saturday the deal "the deal is going ahead", shortly after Ali Mussawi, a senior adviser to Nouri al-Maliki, Iraqi prime minister, said it had been scrapped.

    Al Jazeera's Jane Arraf, reporting from Baghdad, said the order of attack helicopters and surface-to-air missiles will be used for "counterterrorism efforts", according to Iraqi officials.

    She said the deal is a signal that Baghdad "for technical reasons and for political reasons, would like to not be entirely dependent on the United States" for military armaments.

    This is especially important, our correspondent said, because much of the nation's weaponry was destroyed following the US invasion in 2003.
    then there's my question about "what about any of this is "fishy?"" that you did not discuss...
    So I'm going to ask again because everybody isn't as versed in these situations as I am.
    if you need to cheerlead for YOURSELF in your own thread, you're probably not "as versed in these situations" as you think

    so the defense minister being shit canned is not major leadership ? The person that decides the budget of Russia's entire military. Also the graft was not the only reason he was can . It was only a pretext . Major leadership is more then just the president or prime minister . That's like saying the secretary of state is not an important part of the president's cabinet . So your point of contention is one arms deal when the defense minister was probably part of thousands. He's still fired and they didn't say it was because of the iraq deal. I just pointed out that may have been just one of the fall outs of his firing .
  • janklowjanklow god's lonely man. Posts: 5,824 Regulator
    so the defense minister being shit canned is not major leadership ?
    in terms of Russia, where Putin has long demonstrated that he has the final word? i would say not. and i guess we're not talking about China?
    The person that decides the budget of Russia's entire military. Also the graft was not the only reason he was can . It was only a pretext .
    ...which you have not gone into or supported in any way, so until you do, i have to presume that graft is your argument.
    Major leadership is more then just the president or prime minister . That's like saying the secretary of state is not an important part of the president's cabinet .
    perhaps you did not understand what i am saying about Russia.
    So your point of contention is one arms deal when the defense minister was probably part of thousands. He's still fired and they didn't say it was because of the iraq deal. I just pointed out that may have been just one of the fall outs of his firing .
    ...and that is why i posted an article disputing the fact that the Iraq deal is being cancelled.

    look, notable Russians have been slapped down by the government before. so if you're claiming there's a connection between all this, you MIGHT want to support that somehow
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven?DoUwant2go2Heaven? Lover of Jesus Christ and a Minister of reconcilation! Do you know Him? 2 Babylon the GreatPosts: 6,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Gestapo, Gestapo! There's a man in here speaking the truth. Get him before he wakes people up! Hurry before its too late!

    Welcome to the social lounge, the place where freedom of speech is denied.

    Smh
  • janklowjanklow god's lonely man. Posts: 5,824 Regulator
    Gestapo, Gestapo! There's a man in here speaking the truth. Get him before he wakes people up! Hurry before its too late!
    no, there's a man in here babbling about off-topic religious stuff, which there is a sub-forum for, a fact he has been repeatedly reminded of. maybe he should post his ramblings in there instead of playing the OMG NAZIS card?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven?DoUwant2go2Heaven? Lover of Jesus Christ and a Minister of reconcilation! Do you know Him? 2 Babylon the GreatPosts: 6,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    janklow wrote: »
    Gestapo, Gestapo! There's a man in here speaking the truth. Get him before he wakes people up! Hurry before its too late!
    no, there's a man in here babbling about off-topic religious stuff, which there is a sub-forum for, a fact he has been repeatedly reminded of. maybe he should post his ramblings in there instead of playing the OMG NAZIS card?

    Ok so when the OP makes a thread about "something fishy going on" and specifically asks what the future implications of the fishy business may hold, anything that has to do with bible prophecy Is automatically ruled out? Even though bible prophecy specifically answers the OP question?

    Interesting to say the least.





  • janklowjanklow god's lonely man. Posts: 5,824 Regulator
    Ok so when the OP makes a thread about "something fishy going on" and specifically asks what the future implications of the fishy business may hold, anything that has to do with bible prophecy Is automatically ruled out? Even though bible prophecy specifically answers the OP question?
    it might have something to do with the fact that some posters have an extensive history of attempting religious derails.

    but hey, keep calling me the Gestapo and see how fast i start to give a shit about your problems in life
Sign In or Register to comment.