For all the 2pac haters.

BarryHallsBarryHalls Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
People clown on him for "not being real" but you gotta admit. He kept it REAL. He let it be known that he did ballet, went to a private school (so did Notorious BIG), tried to sell drugs and failed but the thing that separates him from the rest is that he admitted it! He grew up in the struggle. IMO, he's the missing member of NWA during that time. You wouldnt do interviews exposing yourself like that in the rap game. I gained much more respect for Pac when he admitted that.

Today, I doubt you will see Lil Wayne make a documentary about how he "became a blood." Just because "your bro is affiliated" doesnt mean your allowed into the gang. You gotta get jumped in, murk a rival, pull licks, earn your strips. If im not mistaken, I thought Nola cats repped their Wards and not colors.

Same thing with Rick Ross. It took him awhile to admit that he was a pig but my bet is his PR people told him to admit that he was a cop. Everybody was callin him out and if he didnt address it, his career is over. It was a business move but you know dam well he wouldnt of said shit if it was up to him.

What do you think?
south4life

Replies

• Trigga TTrigga T Posts: 573 ✭✭✭✭
    I remember B.G saying in an interview ain't nobody flaggin in the N.O...Like you say it's the wards they hold down. Pac didn't run around putting songs out claiming he had boat loads of white a phone call a way or that he made millions off of it.

At the end of the day what the definition of 'real' is changes from person to person.
  • BarryHallsBarryHalls Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Trigga T wrote: »

At the end of the day what the definition of 'real' is changes from person to person.

I dont agree with that. The definition of "keeping it real" is tellin it how it is. If it changes from person to person, you know one of the two is frontin.

So what do you have to do to 'keep it real'?

You can talk about a person like 'nigga sold drugs so he a real nigga'
    But you can talk about another person and say 'He ain't sell drugs, but he keep it 100 so he a real nigga'

If you see where im coming from?
    BarryHalls
    edited November 2012
    I dig what your saying. I just read your post the wrong way.
  • Davis eyebrowDavis eyebrow Posts: 518 ✭✭✭✭
    Jimmy henchmen extorted him. Real niggas don't get extorted
    Trigga TTheRicanKingamenhotepiv
  • StewStew Im In My Permanent PRhyme We run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 35,079 Regulator
    I aint read all that shit but how can u be a Tupac hater If you weren't Bad Boy when he was alive or related to Biggie?
  • JokerKingJokerKing Вони виявили, Ваш номер STATION в рамках цієї спільноти! Watching Jimmy Fallon With Barbara GordonPosts: 26,199 Regulator
    (waits on tommy to prove ts all wrong)
    _Menace_rip.dilla
  • CainCain Admin, Moderator, old.me.is no more Cyttorax DimensionPosts: 31,610 Regulator
    Was reading till I saw "missing member of NWA" smh after that realized nothing of substance is in OP.
    Stew
  • Chi-Town BullyChi-Town Bully Posts: 17,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't hate him i just think his music sucks
  • StewStew Im In My Permanent PRhyme We run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 35,079 Regulator
    I aint read all that shit but how can u be a Tupac hater If you weren't Bad Boy when he was alive or related to Biggie?

what?

Cain1 wrote: »
    Was reading till I saw "missing member of NWA" smh after that realized nothing of substance is in OP.

If your smart enough, you would understand what I meant. I guess Lupe Fiasco's "Dumb It Down" was addressed to you and your kids. If you even got some pussy.

What I was trying to say was that he was telling it how it is through his music. He lived through the struggle and was telling it how it goes down.

Nowdays you wont catch Lil Wayne or Rick Ross admitting that they are fakes because they are all about money. Not trying to knock another mans hustle but theres other things more important in life than money.

Cain
  • matt manematt mane Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    Pac da realest
  • b@squ1@t reduxb@squ1@t redux i can tell by your mustache youve never been involved in street activities iguana blood poseidon DNA slangin zeus dickPosts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this thread has nothing to offer
    Disciplined InSightCain
    2pac, IMO, was a product of his environment and the system. You've only gotta look at the old interviews before he was repping 'thug life' to see he was a black man with a vision. N I'm not gonna destroy the image of him by calling him a nigga here. His panther up bringing gave him the knowledge to be more than just a street nigga. But the fact he was becoming such an instrumental figure to black youth scared the 'still stuck in slave times' white nation. And that's what made him the 2pac most ppl refer to.
    This is what I said earlier about being real. What makes him not real? Just because he didn't slang or bang? 'I ain't saying I'm a thug because I wanna rob ppl n rape ppl, I'm saying I'm a thug because I came from the gutter n im still here'...it was more so describing a way of life.

I'm a lil fucked up right now n I ain't catching no feelings...just one of those drunk n high moments of what seems like 'knowledge' haha
  • The_ManThe_Man Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pac started off with the best of intensions and wanted to change the ways of the people around him (ghetto) he wanted to make his people realise they were a victim of the white man, the white man is controlling the ghettos and dosent give a fuck that black people are killing eachother, he then realised he wasnt going to beat the powers that be so turned to alcohol and weed which helped with the whole thug image..

I could be wrong just my opinion.
    Cabana_Da_Don
  • _Menace__Menace_ 4 MOD West.Side.CaliforniaPosts: 25,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tupakk spoke eloquently about wanting the homeless to live in the white house and how it disgusts him when "guys call girls the B word" -Tupakk

He was the fakest nigga out his facade was "thug life thugs 4 life my 44 will make sure all your kids dont grow"

Raheem from juice said the 1st time he met tupakk he was listening to the les miserables soundtrack and eating grey poupon.Maya angelou had to comfort this pansy and wipe tears away when he was distraught after a nigga sonned him on the poetic justice set

Real niggas dont pretend to be thugs he acted an ass for the white man and to sell records.I'm glad Baby lane blammed him before he further corrupted my blacc brothas and sistas.The greatest rapper of all time the legendary christopher wallace lost his life cuz of this crab

Your beeper blacked the fuck out? alerting you a pac thread was made....

lol at the shit you typed....
  • south4lifesouth4life Bama Repesenta! Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like Kendrick Lamar said, they like to mistake a street for real nigga, just because u in the street don't make u real and Pac was a real dude.
  • JokerKingJokerKing Вони виявили, Ваш номер STATION в рамках цієї спільноти! Watching Jimmy Fallon With Barbara GordonPosts: 26,199 Regulator
    Thread just got shitted on. Welcome to The Reason
    BarryHalls
  • blackjack2012blackjack2012 Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pac was real, he even talked about himself gettin raped in jail.. that's some real nigga shit
  • KLICHEKLICHE Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pac started off with the best of intensions and wanted to change the ways of the people around him (ghetto) he wanted to make his people realise they were a victim of the white man, the white man is controlling the ghettos and dosent give a fuck that black people are killing eachother, he then realised he wasnt going to beat the powers that be so turned to alcohol and weed which helped with the whole thug image..

Co-sign. I think that whole 2Pacalypse and Strictly for my niggaz music was him starting something, to change peoples thinking.. then went a little off with it, then prior to his death was coming back around with it once he realised just how fucked things were getting and musically with all the negativity.. but was too late in the end.
  • BackInWhiteBackInWhite Posts: 19,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mane fuck tupac
    ohhhlaamenhotepiv
    Thread just got shitted on. Welcome to The Reason

How did the thread get shitted on? Its all mixed opinions and biased opinions of east coasters. The haters are obviously fans of the local rapper. Im born and raised in Northern Cali and a fan of MUSIC period. It dont matter where the artists are from. I'm currently living in Southeast Asia where karaoke bars are equivalent to lounges and clubs in Las Vegas. 2pac songs are all over the book list where you can choose to "Sing."

I ask Jeremy Lin lookalikes here if they are fans of 2pac and they are like "OHhhhhhhhh 2pac! yes!" then I say are you a fan of Notorious B.I.G.? They scratch their heads. What Im trying to say is that Pac had a bigger influence in MUSIC. Not only hip hop to you crack babies, MUSIC and most rappers cannot achieve that status.

Bawse D.Lox
    mane fuck tupac

....Says the the dude that works at McDonalds and is working his ass off to become a manager.
    KLICHE wrote: »

Co-sign. I think that whole 2Pacalypse and Strictly for my niggaz music was him starting something, to change peoples thinking.. then went a little off with it, then prior to his death was coming back around with it once he realised just how fucked things were getting and musically with all the negativity.. but was too late in the end.

The only reason Pac was completely opposite after 2pacalypse and Stricly for my Niggaz was that he was betrayed by the people he would consider family. Add that to being homeless, having a mother in the struggle, father figure gone and everything else to that nature, you would be mad at the world.

LOL at starting to smoke weed and drink heem to better your image.