Spinoff..........Can men and women just be "friends"

CainCain Admin, Moderator, old.me.is no moreCyttorax DimensionPosts: 31,663 Regulator
edited November 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
Is it possible to be a friend to a female that you have direct contact with on a day to day basis? Especially if that female is attractive and fits your criteria for gf/wifey?

Ladies can you be friends with a guy that you find attractive? Can you just be friend zoned without any care at all?

For myself there has to be a valid reason why I haven't smashed or trying to smash a female before she be moved into my friend list.
_Goldie_

Replies

• CainCain Admin, Moderator, old.me.is no more Cyttorax DimensionPosts: 31,663 Regulator
    i say yes as long as you are not attracted to them

Can cosign this
  • JokerKingJokerKing Вони виявили, Ваш номер STATION в рамках цієї спільноти! Watching Jimmy Fallon With Barbara GordonPosts: 26,503 Regulator
    I'm trying to bang my female friends. 3 down, 5 to go
  • KingJamalKingJamal Posts: 20,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Cain1 wrote: »
    Is it possible to be a friend to a female that you have direct contact with on a day to day basis? Especially if that female is attractive and fits your criteria for gf/wifey?

Ladies can you be friends with a guy that you find attractive? Can you just be friend zoned without any care at all?

For myself there has to be a valid reason why I haven't smashed or trying to smash a female before she be moved into my friend list.

Man if she is attractive AND fits my criteria for a gf/wifey I don't know about that. I mean how could I have those feelings about her and just wanna be friends wit her, that makes no sense. That's just not happening

• KaiKai evil nerd bitch from hell Posts: 21,446 Regulator
    science says no

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=men-and-women-cant-be-just-friends

and i've realized this thru experience, that once it goes beyond a colleague or acquaintance relationship, it's hard to maintain it, because somebody (usually the man) wants more
    ohhhlaMeta_Conscious
  • MissKMissK Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mixed gender 'friendships' are not really encouraged in our society.

We are taught early on from many sources-family, friends, religious beliefs, media-that men and women can't really be friends without some sort of sexual aspect or sexual undercurrent.

I do think they can.

• _Goldie__Goldie_ Quill Season Has Begun Posts: 15,657 Regulator
    kai_valya wrote: »
    science says no

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=men-and-women-cant-be-just-friends

and i've realized this thru experience, that once it goes beyond a colleague or acquaintance relationship, it's hard to maintain it, because somebody (usually the man) wants more pussy

fixed
    miamivice305
  • ReignsReigns Posts: 253 ✭✭✭
    I think most women will say yes because it keeps the nostalgia of innocence, but no, no they can't most time I am starting a conversation with a woman, it starts off of physical attraction, not me wanting to talk sports and shit.
  • shtoopidshtoopid Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    i have homegirls that i kick it with every now and then, invite to parties, etc. but my circle is mostly dudes. i'm not tryna listen to bitches talk about dudes they like, females they hate, clothes they bought, etc.
    any nigga that's always hanging out with attractive females, and not getting any is either gay or stuck in the friendzone.
    Ajackson17
    only good thing about being friendzoned is when she introduces you to her cute homegirls.
    CainAjackson17
  • CainCain Admin, Moderator, old.me.is no more Cyttorax DimensionPosts: 31,663 Regulator
    Lil Loca wrote: »
    Meh, I don't see why not.

If you're friends with people long enough, you start to think of them as family. The attraction tends to dissipate.

The older the friendship is, I've found, the more repulsed two opposite friends were at the thought of being together.

That's just my observation. Could be wrong, but I think it's possible as two people mature.

I have to disagree. If I have find you attractive mentally or physically in my mindset I'm gonna want to smash. Unless there is a some kind of history that says otherwise then I'm trying to smash off top. Especially if we around each other a lot its only natural.
  • ReignsReigns Posts: 253 ✭✭✭
    Do you socialize with women often? Do you see them as your social equals? [/quote]

Yes.
  • KingJamalKingJamal Posts: 20,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    shtoopid wrote: »
    only good thing about being friendzoned is when she introduces you to her cute homegirls.

• bdbdbdbdbdbd Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the only close friends that are female and fit my criteria of wifey are one of 3 things
    1) a girlfriend/wife of a close homey
    2) a girl i have tried to fuck with but turned me down and then we became friends (lil does she know im still trying, just playing the super long game)
    3) a girl i have already fucked with and for one reason or another we decided to just be friends (those ones are cool cus you know shit could go down at anytime)
  • BigBallsNoWorriesBigBallsNoWorries Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fuck no lol

i got this whole milk bitch at wrk who is a flirt talking bout im this & that, sexy, yadda yada yada, and she got a bf

but she likes to chill wit a nigga at wrk right, now tell me how in the fuck are we going 2 b friends

it aint happenin
    edited November 2012
    Lil Loca wrote: »

Well, then this goes back to my point of guys thinking of women as their social equals.

If men don't socialize with women often, then when they do become friends with them, all they'll think about is attraction, because they'll associate girls with sex moreso than as companions.

who said i didn't see females as equals? i have homegirls that i can chop it up with, but most of the time, we don't have enough in common to be hanging out on the daily.
  • DarcSkiesDarcSkies JUST POSTING THROUGH THE PROPER CHANNELS Posts: 12,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cain1 wrote: »
    NO, not in the past, not now, and not in the future. All or nothing for me if I like u and u dont like me then I have no need to see u or talk to u.

Exactly.

The only way I can be just friends with a female is if I have a bunch of females im talking to and one just so happens to become my girlfriend. Then the others are now just friends. But people are lying if they say that those people were ALWAYS just friends and will remain as such.

Complete bullshit and a red flag.
  • Rock_WellRock_Well Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think this been done before xD

but sure they can be friends. ppl just need to learn self-control
  • R.D.R.D. Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    on a biological level, no. women and men are meant to be attracted to one another and if they're in close proximity sparks will fly

but being that we live in an advanced society and not the wild, different factors come into play. some people are off limits because of relationships, friendships, shared employment, kids, etc. as you get older those factors have more gravity in your decision making, which makes it easier to maintain a friendship and stave off sexual attraction.

for instance: one of the residents at my job is so damn sexy and we are good friends, but i'd never go there because we're both married, don't intend to cheat on our spouses & we work together, that's against company policy

but yall aint friends
    blakfyahking
  • genocidecuttergenocidecutter Posts: 10,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • AZTGAZTG Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AZTG wrote: »
    And on the topic of platonic friends. I don't know why or how women can't understand this, but guys do not want to be your friend. Guys want to fuck you, that's that.

"Azad, what about the guy in was friends with since we were 4, and now were 30, were like brother and sister"

Yes bitch, he want to fuck too. He been meaning to fuck you since yall hit puberty.

Yo it kills me that guys come out and say that they only befriend women cause they wanna fuck and women still think "its childish to think a guy and girl can't just be friends" answer to that is, your guy "friend" has good enough game to pull the wool over your eyes.

All guys agree to this cause its true.
  • Gold_CertificateGold_Certificate Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • SixSickSinsSixSickSins Reading over Tananarive Due's shoulder. Somewhere getting asked about natural hair.Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭