Federal Government planning to block marijuana legalization....

jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unityPosts: 20,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in The Social Lounge
The U.S. government is likely to block marijuana
legalization initiatives approved by voters in Colorado
and Washington, declaring that federal law preempts
them, the Washington Post reports. The Justice
Department and the White House Office of National Drug
Control Policy have been mute about the ballot
initiatives.
One administration official suggested that the
administration’s silence was a deliberate strategy to avoid
antagonizing liberal voters in Colorado, a crucial swing
state.“It was a battleground state,” said the official.
administration official, who spoke on the condition of
anonymity because he was not authorized to talk
publicly. Federal drug policy director Gil Kerlikoske has
cited studies finding that "marijuana potency has almost
tripled over the last 20 years, raising serious concerns
about what this means for public health.” The president’s
2012 National Drug Control Strategy says “the
legalization of drugs will not be considered.”

www.thecrimereport.org/news/crime-and-justice-news/2012-11-federal-pot-legal-policy

Welp....this oughta get interesting.

Replies

  • BoldChildBoldChild Born alone, die alone. Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Federal drug policy director Gil Kerlikoske has cited studies finding that 'marijuana potency has almost tripled over the last 20 years, raising serious concerns about what this means for public health.'"

    And who's fault is that?

    The Government for not regulating that shit in the first place.
    kingblaze84
  • kingblaze84kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopPosts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Yep......Obama is a sellout. Fuck him. My opinion on him remains unchanged.
  • kingblaze84kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopPosts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    BoldChild wrote: »
    "Federal drug policy director Gil Kerlikoske has cited studies finding that 'marijuana potency has almost tripled over the last 20 years, raising serious concerns about what this means for public health.'"

    And who's fault is that?

    The Government for not regulating that shit in the first place.

    Exactly. If the govt regulated it, the less potent forms could be legalized and the more potent strands could be penalized or whatever. Obama is and was a better choice than Romney, but shit like this is the reason I didn't vote for him, Obama is a fucking sellout whose sold his soul to the MIC and pharmaceutical companies. Now wait till those budget cuts take place, the next few years will be interesting. Obama is still a bitch.
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 20,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These states knew this would happen, they want it to go to the Supreme Court.

    The 10th Amendment says they can legalize it if they wanted to. From a legal standpoint this should be most interesting.
    PlutarchStoneColdMikey
  • kingblaze84kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopPosts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    good keep it illegal you wouldn't believe what i'm chargin niggas for a pound of sour right now

    Tax free money is always cool but why should the govt be hating on medical shops who want to sell too? If it's all about a profit for you than I understand but the feds shouldn't be hating on those who want to be legit too.
  • janklowjanklow god's lonely man. Posts: 6,771 Regulator
    jono wrote: »
    The U.S. government is likely to block marijuana legalization initiatives approved by voters in Colorado and Washington, declaring that federal law preempts them, the Washington Post reports.
    if anyone is surprised by this concept, i feel sorry for your mother
    StoneColdMikey
  • ragerage Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as tobacco and alcohol is legal for recreational use...banning weed is completely idiotic and unfounded.
    hueynex ginWild Selfkingblaze84
  • hueyhuey Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blatant corporate influence in government
    Black_Samsonkingblaze84
  • Ajackson17Ajackson17 God King Posts: 17,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    =D> Thank you President Obama, Thank you =D>
    kingblaze84
  • janklowjanklow god's lonely man. Posts: 6,771 Regulator
    rage wrote: »
    As long as tobacco and alcohol is legal for recreational use...banning weed is completely idiotic and unfounded.
    when you talk about tobacco, i feel you should say "technically legal"
  • ragerage Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    janklow wrote: »
    rage wrote: »
    As long as tobacco and alcohol is legal for recreational use...banning weed is completely idiotic and unfounded.
    when you talk about tobacco, i feel you should say "technically legal"

    Whats "technical" about it? I can go buy a pack of 100s from a store and not get arrested.
  • janklowjanklow god's lonely man. Posts: 6,771 Regulator
    rage wrote: »
    janklow wrote: »
    rage wrote: »
    As long as tobacco and alcohol is legal for recreational use...banning weed is completely idiotic and unfounded.
    when you talk about tobacco, i feel you should say "technically legal"

    Whats "technical" about it? I can go buy a pack of 100s from a store and not get arrested.
    this might just be my commentary on the fact that the government bashes smoking constantly and essentially forces the industry to advertise against itself while still relying on raping smokers for tax money. relax.

Sign In or Register to comment.