Potluck at the job

lord nemesislord nemesis You ain't a pimp, you a fairyPosts: 6,117 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well, it’s that time of the year. I’m sure some of you have some interesting/horror stories about Thanksgiving in your workplace. I just looked at the signup sheet and we got sweet pea casserole, broccoli casserole, and potato casserole all on deck. Gonna be a long-ass day tomorrow…

Replies

• MARIO_DROMARIO_DRO Posts: 12,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YEAH, SO FAR WE ARE ON OUR 3RD POT LUCK..

BUT ONE STORY COMES TO MIND.. LIKE 4 YEARS AGO, THIS LADY BROUGHT A CAKE. SHE WAS CUTTING SLICES FOR PEOPLE AND AFTER EVER SLICE, SHE WOULD TAKE THE KNIFE AND WIPE THE EXCESS FROSTING ON HER LEGIN/PANTS. NO LIE, SHE WORE THE SAME BLACK LEGINGS TO WORK EVERY SINGLE DAY . I ASKED A LADY THAT WORKED NEAR HER ABOUT HER LEGIN/PANTS AND SHE LAUGHED AND SAID SHE WONDERED THE SAME THANG. sO TOL DME THAT SHE ASKED HER ABOUT WEARING THE SAME PAIR OF PANTS TO WORK EVERYDAY AND SHE SAID THAT SHE JUST BOUGHT SEVERAL OF THE SAME PAIR OF LEGIN/PANTS
  • HafBaykedHafBayked Just A Nut Lookin For A Squirrel RATCHET CITY, LAPosts: 11,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i make excuses to take looong ass lunches on those days...we had one for halloween....i ate some cookies, but that was it....i cant just eat anything....fuck around and be locked up in the bathroom, makin it rain
    hauteatribecalledgabi
  • hautehaute Posts: 11,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    im picky about how my food is prepared i usually pass
    BodhiReigns
  • king hassanking hassan south side somewherePosts: 18,377 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ours is this Thursday. I pretty much know who is nasty and who isn't. I'm the only man here too, so they always try to make sure I taste they food smh. But the nurses I work directly in the room with I'm all good
  • Chi-Town BullyChi-Town Bully Posts: 17,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant eat other people's cooking when i don't know them outside of work. I don't know how clean their house is to to eat something they made there
    deadeyeBodhiAmotekunReigns
  • lord nemesislord nemesis You ain't a pimp, you a fairy Posts: 6,117 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ours is this Thursday. I pretty much know who is nasty and who isn't. I'm the only man here too, so they always try to make sure I taste they food smh. But the nurses I work directly in the room with I'm all good

Yeah, that shit is woat sometimes when your office is the majority women. They ALWAYS want you to taste their food.

Doctor's are some nasty people, please believe me. Like I say it's 3 nurses and a chick that works admin in here, we have our little food in our 5 person office and the doctor's will come in and stick they hand in a bag of chips or whatever, we pretty much done after that smh
    HafBaykedlord nemesisLurker6
    Only other black dude here usually brings a platter of wings so at least I got that to look forward to.
    king hassan
  • MF_DoomervilleMF_Doomerville Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually fart in my dish before I take it to work. I have some annoying ass coworkers.
    BodhiAmotekun
  • MsSouthernMsSouthern Posts: 15,987 Regulator
    Ours is next Monday

I'm making a cherry cheesecake dip

Something easy since I am doing Thanksgiving this year....don't have time to make anything else for the folks I work with
    Ours is next Monday

Something easy since I am doing Thanksgiving this year....don't have time to make anything else for the folks I work with

What you suppsed to dip into the dip?
    Ours is next Monday

What you suppsed to dip into the dip?

Graham crackers

It's easy you mix jello no bake cheesecake mix with coolwhip. Pour cheery pie filling on top
  • $ineedmoney$$ineedmoney$ The bushes is watchin'... Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Potlucks are SCARY for me now. Especially after seeing Hoarders. I dont trust a soul. 8-X
    atribecalledgabi
    TrueraPP wrote: »

SMH IS ALL IM SAY, KAT GOT THE FAT GIRL MOB WACKING MY POST...................

If you ish is Wack ....its Wack

Deal with it
    TrueraPPKat
  • konceptjoneskonceptjones Old School Playa Posts: 9,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bring chili to company potlucks. One that I make with jalapenos, serrano, cubanelle, and cayenne peppers and a single habanero. No warning about how hot is is, I just bring it and sit off in the corner waiting for the fireworks.
    HafBaykedMsSouthernAmotekunatribecalledgabi
  • HafBaykedHafBayked Just A Nut Lookin For A Squirrel RATCHET CITY, LAPosts: 11,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats hilarious....i know he felt played
    More stuff to the list: The fuck is "marinated vegetable salad"? Will be avoiding that tomorrow. Last year we had this openly gay guy in the office with HIV. Suffice it to say that pineapple cake he brought didn’t get touched. He should’ve just signed up to bring some 2-liters or something.
    gorillaAmotekunHafBaykeddavidbrooks
  • gorillagorilla Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shit is GOAT. Ain't gotta do shit the whole day but sit around an eat like a fat nigga. Plus my company always having extra shit catered along with what everybody bring in.

Them white folk don't play around tho. We just had a chili cook off a week ago, somebody brought in BEAR ham. o_O
  • KatKat You just do you..Imma do me :* Posts: 38,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually I do, it came from the same place as this one:

tumblr_mdf3iovmdw1rzvec2o1_500.gif

tumblr_md4zk1vdSu1qiwap4.gif
    AmotekunTonyDubbzHafBaykedatribecalledgabi
    I bring chili to company potlucks. One that I make with jalapenos, serrano, cubanelle, and cayenne peppers and a single habanero. No warning about how hot is is, I just bring it and sit off in the corner waiting for the fireworks.

Why not just throw in a ghost pepper too

Lol
  • konceptjoneskonceptjones Old School Playa Posts: 9,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    More stuff to the list: The fuck is "marinated vegetable salad"? Will be avoiding that tomorrow. Last year we had this openly gay guy in the office with HIV. Suffice it to say that pineapple cake he brought didn’t get touched. He should’ve just signed up to bring some 2-liters or something.

Yeah, that's an automatic addition to the list of employees only allowed to bring chips and pop.
    king hassan
    gorilla wrote: »
    gorilla wrote: »
    Shit is GOAT. Ain't gotta do shit the whole day but sit around an eat like a fat nigga. Plus my company always having extra shit catered along with what everybody bring in.

Them white folk don't play around tho. We just had a chili cook off a week ago, somebody brought in BEAR ham. o_O
    Man where the hell you live out where they slaughtering bears and shit