Whats more blaphemous: SAYIN THAT B.I.G. IS THE G.O.A.T. or ILLMATIC IS THE G.O.A.T. HIPHOP ALBUM ?

MARIO_DROMARIO_DRO Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in The Reason
BIG DROPPED 1 ALBUM BEFORE HIS DEATH AND ANOTHER WAS SET TO BE RELEASED RIGHT BEFORE HE PASSED. YOU HAVE RAPPERS LIKE LL COOL J, RAKIM, NAS, JAY, KRS1, KOOL G RAP, SCARFACE, 3000, ECT THAT HAVE PUT IN MORE WORK THAN HIM, BUT THEY DONT GET 1/2 THE CREDIT THAT BIG DOES.....

THEN YOU HAVE ILLMATIC. THERE ARE PROBABLY LIKE 12.5 MILLION HIP HOP ALBUMS OUT AS OF TODAY AND TO SAY THAT THIS ONE ALBUM IS THE BEST EVER MADE.......?

MY PERSONAL CHOICE WOULD BE ILLMATIC.. ITS A GOOD ALBUM, BUT TO SAY THE BEST OF ALL TIME.. HELLLLL NAW!
killaguwopChi-Town Bullyilledout_Goldie_Meta_ConsciousshtoopidStoneColdMikeyMorganFreemanKingbuttuh_baf.r.i.c.a.CP203locksmith15th LetterSolitary Soldier

Replies

• Blank_SinatraBlank_Sinatra Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ohhhla wrote: »
    Andre 300 is not of the G.O.A.T's

No he is..

He is the G.ayest O.f A.ll T.ime

ohhhlakillaguwopNah SonMrCrookedLetterDavis eyebrowStoneColdMikeysoul rattlerCP203Reggie80Stewrip.dilla
  • MARIO_DROMARIO_DRO Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    killaguwop wrote: »
    what's more blasphemous trying to read that bullshit you wrote in caps lock or taking you seriously and replying to your post.

BUT YET U WERE THE 1ST TO REPLY.. ANSWER THE THREAD OR SHUT THE FUCK UP!
    killaguwopDavis eyebrowsoul rattler
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Posts: 8,631 ✭✭✭✭✭
    saying that big is the g.o.a.t.....
    StoneColdMikeyTrollio buttuh_bStew
  • NoCompetitionNoCompetition Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got my favorites but i dont lame them up by trying too hard to say they are so great. Im secure with what i like. But i dont agree myself, but i dont care. I only speak up when peple mess up their position by tryin too hard.
    mohamedbuttuh_b
  • AZTGAZTG Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion, Illmatic is the best album so that ain't blasphemous.

Ima huge fan of biggie, but he's not even on my top ten. He was talented enough to possibly be #1, but he dies too early, so I would say putting him as goat is more blasphemous.
    buttuh_b
  • DMTxTHCDMTxTHC Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got my favorites but i dont lame them up by trying too hard to say they are so great. Im secure with what i like. But i dont agree myself, but i dont care. I only speak up when peple mess up their position by tryin too hard.

You're really passive.. I don't think I ever seen you express an clear opinion..
    buttuh_brip.dilla
  • ohhhlaohhhla Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL@ niggas holds to Big's untimely death to his fault.
  • hnic1978hnic1978 Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm neither....BIG is one of greatest rappers of all time. Only recorded 2 albums and died in 1997 and still talked about to this day. Illmatic is one of the greatest albums of all-time. It was the beginning on one of the greatest careers of all time by one of the greatest of all time.
    Solitary Soldier
  • NothingButTheTruthNothingButTheTruth Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Illmatic is considered the best album because of Nas's lyrical prowess MIXED with the best producers at the time (some will say of all-time). Nowadays albums have either or, somewhere in the middle, and some have none. They have good lyrics and lackluster beats, or dope beats and just okay lyrics etc.

There's only a handful of albums that have the supreme lyricism and supreme production that matches with Illmatic, and off the head, the only ones I can think of are Wu albums (ob4cl, ironman etc).

... So I'm going with Biggie as the GOAT being by far the worse statement.
    ohhhlailledoutbuttuh_brip.dilla
  • Brian B.Brian B. Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL@ niggas holds to Big's untimely death to his fault.

Well, Len Bias was posed to be better than Jordan

& his untimely death is held against him, so why not big?
    B.I.G. was actually in the rap game.

Get the fuck outta here with this Len Bias shit.
    DMTxTHCTommy bilfigerMorganFreemanKingrip.dilla
    B.I.G. was actually in the rap game.

Get the fuck outta here with this Len Bias shit.

So, Len didn't actually play basketball?
    wasn't an all-American?
    & drafted 2nd overall?

it's clear you're a fan of biggie, but take your emotions out of it & think objectively

now can you answer the question, why can't big's death be held against him?

some use it to make a case for him being goat, so why can't others use it to make a case why he is not?
  • a_lista_list Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    neither is blaphemous......
    Because B.I.G. was at least 3 yrs in Rap Game.

Can you say the same for Len Bias being on the court for that long?
  • _Goldie__Goldie_ Clean Kicks & Tattoos Posts: 14,767 Regulator
    Neither are blasphemous.

Big is your favorite rapper´s favorite rapper and the same goes for Illmatic. In a time where the greatest rappers to ever live were in the game Biggie and Illmatic stood out from the rest. When jordan retired in 93, he couldve never came back and still be considered the greatest. Biggie isnt my favorite rapper of alltime and Illmatic isnt my favorite album of alltime, but if someone were to say they were I wouldnt see a problem with it..
    goldenjarip.dilla
    ^Aren't you the same dude that said 8Ball is better than B.I.G.?
    killaguwop
  • Lab BabyLab Baby Posts: 6,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither, cuz they both have cases.
  • just.might.b.okjust.might.b.ok Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cant think of a lot of albums that are better than Illmatic, i know geeks today feel edgy and shit hating on it, but it is classic, probably on of the greatest debut albums.
    rip.dilla
    Because B.I.G. was at least 3 yrs in Rap Game.

Can you say the same for Len Bias being on the court for that long?

Bias had yrs on the court, but I kno you're referring to the nba.. yet & still, you could still see the talent (Lebron James?)

but I don't get how those who use his death to make a case for goat, shun those who use it as a reason why not cuz his career was cut short

let's say a talent like a Lebron James has 2 great yrs in the NBA & then his career is cut short, do you think analyst would be callin him the goat?