Official MLB Hot Stove/Offseason Thread

TheBossmanTheBossman The Voice of MandelaPosts: 15,838 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/13/three-reasons-the-phillies-wont-sign-josh-hamilton/comment-page-1/#comment-397633

like i said in the comment section their, i rather have bourn for what ever he wants. and sign youklis and ross to one year deals. and put some cash into that horrid bullpen.

Replies

• KeepOnPushingKeepOnPushing Posts: 17,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Phillies need someone like Chase Headley more than Kevin Youklis , You'll have a guy turning 34 years old at 3rdBase and always hurt now , Jimmy is older , and when aint Chase Utley hurt?..

i wouldnt bring in another older guy , Trade for Chase Headley ...he's in the prime of his career , brings gold glove defense , can steal and hit for some pop and just drove in 100+ in a horrid lineup
  • Tommy bilfigerTommy bilfiger Posts: 14,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Look like Tori hunter goin to the tigers unless the rangers or yanks offer more dough
    edited November 2012
    Blue Jays and marlins workin on a major trade where josh johnson,jose reyes and buerhle goin to the jays for mad prospects
    Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi
    #BlueJays and #Marlins are in midst of EPIC trade right now, sources say. And I mean EPIC.
    Buster Olney
    ‏@Buster_ESPN
    The Blue Jays-Marlins trade is done... This is going to be one of the all-timers, with Reyes, Johnson, Bonifacio, Buck, Buehrle...holy crow.
    The Fuck???

who Miami getting???
  • eyes loweyes low Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marlins lol dudes don't know how to run a franchise and this is coming from a mets fan
    KeepOnPushingbigev240
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 29,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Marlins are an embarassment, I can't root for this organization anymore. They conned the shit out of the city and county.
    KeepOnPushingTheBossman
    Look like Tori hunter goin to the tigers unless the rangers or yanks offer more dough

Ehhhh i think they should trade for J-Upton , he'd be there long term ...Can't go wrong with Tori Hunter he had a good year, rather see J-Up there though
  • TheBossmanTheBossman The Voice of Mandela Posts: 15,838 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/13/blue-jays-on-verge-of-acquiring-righty-josh-johnson/

UPDATE, 6:41 PM: The Fish will get shortstop Yunel Escobar, infielder Adeiny Hechavarria, right-hander Henderson Alvarez and lefty Justin Nicolino in return, according to various reports.

UPDATE, 6:34 PM: Morosi says Johnson, Buehrle and Reyes are all going to the Blue Jays, along with catcher John Buck and infielder-outfielder Emilio Bonifacio. The firesale of all firesales.

6:13 PM: According to FOX Sports’ Jon Paul Morosi and Ken Rosenthal, the Blue Jays are on the “verge of acquiring” right-handed starter Josh Johnson and left-handed starter Mark Buehrle from the Marlins. Jose Reyes may also be heading north.

Much, much more to come.

damn! what are the marlins getting? the minus well say fuck it and trade stanton.
    Ken Rosenthal
    ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
    Confirmed to #Marlins thus far by me and @jonmorosi. Yunel Escobar and Hechavarria, Henderson Alvarez, Nicolino.
    Source: #Marlins will get Jacob Marisnick or Anthony Gose, as well as a catcher -- Arencibia, Wilson or Mathis.

Marlins opening day payroll was 100 mil now its 16 mil before arbitration eligible players

TheBossman
    edited November 2012
    i guess ozzy was right, no one cares about no one that team cept stanton.
    Phillies need someone like Chase Headley more than Kevin Youklis , You'll have a guy turning 34 years old at 3rdBase and always hurt now , Jimmy is older , and when aint Chase Utley hurt?..

i wouldnt bring in another older guy , Trade for Chase Headley ...he's in the prime of his career , brings gold glove defense , can steal and hit for some pop and just drove in 100+ in a horrid lineup

ruben amaro is spending for talent, than trading. the phillies dont have much of a farm system.
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 29,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marlins are like a minor league team, they might as well get the fuck out of Miami and give the stadium to the Canes.
    KeepOnPushing
    edited November 2012
    The Marlins are an embarassment, I can't root for this organization anymore. They conned the shit out of the city and county.[

they got that city (little havana) to pony up money for a one and crappy done season. then they start over again?
    Among the young players reportedly headed to Miami are shortstops Yunel Escobar and Adeiny Hechavarria, right-hander Henderson Alvarez and minor-league left-hander Justin Nicolino.

LMMMAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    IceBergTaylor
    edited November 2012
    Giancarlo Stanton ‏@Giancarlo818
    Alright, I'm pissed off!!! Plain & Simple
    Retweeted by Jon Morosi

Lmao stanton better keep his thoughts to himself before he's

555322240.gif?key=520293&Expires=1352852491&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=IFssd6W4MlcEslzaaGviaAH39TdLhbVb8-mdnqONqeHE~TEU4hDpk9Cg-QUeJclKMUml7HmtnTey8KNlOaMJiKzjTV6mLx3VrFocnqi~~zlb48d3LwrVITrt6AoRjOEQTTbF4XVb6yM6X3lCpJnCT261WS06K1s9~CRSSePzzBc_

Ehhhh i think they should trade for J-Upton , he'd be there long term ...Can't go wrong with Tori Hunter he had a good year, rather see J-Up there though

They'd have to give up that castelleno kid and other prospects for justin upton.Tigers tryna win now without giving up the future
    TheBossman wrote: »

ruben amaro is spending for talent, than trading. the phillies dont have much of a farm system.

true Tommy Joseph like one of ya'll better prospects and that cat isn't even a good hitter

diamondbacks asking for alot for him tho.
    The Marlins are an embarassment, I can't root for this organization anymore. They conned the shit out of the city and county.[

they got that city (little havana) to pony up money for a one and crappy done season. then they start over again?

Technically, Lil Havana is a neighborhood in the city of Miami. It was a combo of city and county taxes. We already have dumb ass politicians in office down here so it was pretty to con these idiots.
    Among the young players reportedly headed to Miami are shortstops Yunel Escobar and Adeiny Hechavarria, right-hander Henderson Alvarez and minor-league left-hander Justin Nicolino.

LMMMAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Who got fleeced?

damn that lineup is going to be vicious. reyes, lawrie, joey bats?

diamondbacks asking for alot for him tho.

and i would give a lot for him also , he's only 25 ...he's not even in the prime of his career yet , he'd easily rake with Miggy & Prince in the lineup ...he'd see every good pitch possible ...

and by time those two are in their mid 30's they'll still have someone in his upper 20's in his prime
    Retweeted by Jon Morosi

555322240.gif?key=520293&Expires=1352852491&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=IFssd6W4MlcEslzaaGviaAH39TdLhbVb8-mdnqONqeHE~TEU4hDpk9Cg-QUeJclKMUml7HmtnTey8KNlOaMJiKzjTV6mLx3VrFocnqi~~zlb48d3LwrVITrt6AoRjOEQTTbF4XVb6yM6X3lCpJnCT261WS06K1s9~CRSSePzzBc_

He don't care he wants out anyways
    al east is going to be tough next year.
    RichPorterOfTheIC
    Lol the Marlins would be doing Stanton a favor...Loria is easily the worst owner in sports.
    KeepOnPushing
    Retweeted by Jon Morosi

They'd have to give up that castelleno kid and other prospects for justin upton.Tigers tryna win now without giving up the future

im pretty sure he WANTS to leave.
    KeepOnPushing