Big Boi Says Andre 3000 Isn't On His New Album Because "He Had To Do Some Gillette S**t"

Built 4 cuban linxBuilt 4 cuban linx WU TANG BANGER, 36 STYLES OF DANGER!!!!!!!!!!!!At the 36th chamberPosts: 7,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
With the status of a new Outkast album still up in the air, fans of the iconic Atlanta duo were hoping to get a taste of what that album may sound like thanks to an Andre 3000 feature on Big Boi’s upcoming Vicious Lies And Dangerous Rumors solo album, but when the tracklist for the project was released it noticeably lacked any Andre 3000 features.

During his interview with The Village Voice, Big Boi revealed that his fellow ‘Kast member could have been on any record but “contractual obligations” kept the rapper from appearing on any songs.

“He could've been on any song he wanted to. I gave the motherfucker about five songs, but I guess he was just too busy,” Big Boi explained. “He said he had to do some Gillette shit. No for real. He said he had some contractual obligations.”

Big Boi spoke on yet another album mystery when he shared the details of why Swedish band Little Dragon was replaced by singer Kelly Rowland on the album version of his record “Mama Told Me.” It turns out that label issues were to blame for the songs last minute replacement.

“Well they left their original label and signed to Universal so it was like bad blood between Universal and Peace Frog,” said the rapper. “So when it came time to negotiate clearance it didn't go so well. But they're still on the album and Kelly Rowland is just singing the lyrics Yukimi wrote.”

Vicious Lies And Dangerous Rumors will be released on December 11 and will serve as Big Boi’s second solo album.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/m/index.php?s=news&id=21878
goldenjaKeepOnPushing#1hiphopjunki3hauteKNiGHTSalibabaChicityTayJoneunspoken_respectkillaguwoppurpngoldReppinTime

Replies

• bgoatbgoat Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will be coppin
    Sionrip.dillaTayJoneunspoken_respect
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, the reasons why niggas can't make it to the studio are comical as fuck. Just say the nigga was too busy, he wasn't doing shit for gillette during this whole album making process.
  • Lab BabyLab Baby Posts: 6,931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuckin industry bullshit. It all boils down to contractual obligations. Little Dragon is the shit, rather have them on that song. And Dre... smh. Why people got him in they top 10 I'll never know. Still my nigga tho.
    Lurker6
  • StewStew Im In My Permanent PRhyme We run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 35,267 Regulator
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    Fuckin industry bullshit. It all boils down to contractual obligations. Little Dragon is the shit, rather have them on that song. And Dre... smh. Why people got him in they top 10 I'll never know. Still my nigga tho.

That
    TonyDubbzStoneColdMikey
  • _Goldie__Goldie_ Quill Season Has Begun Posts: 15,564 Regulator
    Da nigga was jk, yall mfs take shit and run with it. The nigga been shooting the Jemi hendrix movie, amongst other things.
    Serious Juice MayneTayJoneStoneColdMikeyReppinTime
  • StewStew Im In My Permanent PRhyme We run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 35,267 Regulator
    Well apparently 3000 apologized to Big Boi for fucking up a tour on the "Sorry" song on T.I.'s album

Nigga need to apologize for not doing an OutKast album when that nigga Big Boi on his 2nd album and he ain't drop shit

Damn I remember when he came out and said he wasnt gonna tour with Outkast anymore. Talkin bout he didnt feel right doing all their old songs cause he was growing up. That shit hurt me bruhs lol
    Sion
  • Ear2ThaStEar2ThaSt Posts: 18,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well apparently 3000 apologized to Big Boi for fucking up a tour on the "Sorry" song on T.I.'s album

Nigga need to apologize for not doing an OutKast album when that nigga Big Boi on his 2nd album and he ain't drop shit
    He did an album or two with the Purple Ribbon Allstars as well. Big Boi been workin the last 6 years.
  • MrCrookedLetterMrCrookedLetter Hey young world, I'm the new Slick Rick Posts: 16,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn I remember when he came out and said he wasnt gonna tour with Outkast anymore. Talkin bout he didnt feel right doing all their old songs cause he was growing up. That shit hurt me bruhs lol

That wouldn't be such of an issue to me if that nigga actually made some NEW fucking songs, solo and duo wise

• buttuh_bbuttuh_b Posts: 11,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plap Star wrote: »
    so he can drop a 40 bar verse for ross but he cant do a 16 for sir luscious left foot

this shit is deeper than rap

He cant do it for contract reasons man.

No. That shit got resolved. When Big said contract reasons he's talking about Dre's obligations for Gilette and the biopic, not label issues. That's why he said he gave him 5 songs to do. Andre's just a bitch. We gotta accept it.
    bgoatCNNwatwatEar2ThaStReppinTime
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Plap Star wrote: »
    so he can drop a 40 bar verse for ross but he cant do a 16 for sir luscious left foot

this shit is deeper than rap

He cant do it for contract reasons man.

No. That shit got resolved. When Big said contract reasons he's talking about Dre's obligations for Gilette and the biopic, not label issues. That's why he said he gave him 5 songs to do. Andre's just a bitch. We gotta accept it.

I refuse lol
    Sion
  • buttuh_bbuttuh_b Posts: 11,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's crazy because if Andre wanted to do an Outkast album Big would adapt to any style or approach Dre wants to take because he's versatile like that so I'm not sure where he's coming from with this "mature" shit. Yet he has time to get on records with Drake and Ross that Big woulda murdered. Shit is retarded.

That Lookin 4 Ya song that was supposed to be on Leftfoot was the best shit Dre was on since that Devin the Dude record in 2007. They will always have chemistry.
    StewTrillaaaaaa
  • JDSTAYWITIT.JDSTAYWITIT. .........Call Me On Shiniqua's Phone #GIANTS #2014/2012/2010 #FUCK.KCPosts: 11,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is sad ......... as a hip hop fan this whole breakup is just fucked up
  • MrCrookedLetterMrCrookedLetter Hey young world, I'm the new Slick Rick Posts: 16,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @icecoldstew when did 3000 say that stuff about not touring with OutKast?