What should the Knicks do with Amare when he comes back?

woah316woah316 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
poll is there... self explanatory...

I wouldn't disturb the team chemistry for ANYTHING... personally, if he's not HAPPY to come off the bench (which he probably isn't).. I'd trade him to the west or to a non contender in the east for some solid complimentary pieces...

SOMEBODY will take him... even if the knicks get perceived lesser value, it'll still make their team better...

They can trade him to the Rockets, they'll take him... But there is no way he starts and throws off what the team has accomplished without him. Shump doesn't start immediately either, unless he proves over time he's the best option to start.

What should the Knicks do with Amare when he comes back?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Replies

• detcatinvadetcatinva Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bench Him at the beginning, but let him work his way into starting, only if they get better
    bench him and let him work his way into starting. btw when he starts the knicks are not going to be as effective as they were w'o him. better to experiment with this in the regular season
  • ATTSATTS Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bench Him at the beginning, but let him work his way into starting, only if they get better
    bench him and incorporate him into d lineup
  • Matt-Matt- Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he should run with the 2nd team
  • i fiti fit Posts: 920
    Amare should start by coming off the bench so he can develop his new offensive game and get back in shape.

If he plays hard and gets his rebounds up he could start and if problems arise put him back on the bench as the back up 5 who plays big minutes.
  • S2JS2J Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Bench him PERIOD... He's no longer a starter moving forward with the NY Knicks
    How can yall even question the fact he should NEVER start again for the Knicks???????

How? He comes off the bench or you trade him, period.
    Tyson Chandler at the 5 makes them a top 5 defensive team, so Amare cant start there

Melo at the 4 makes them a top offensive team, so Amare cant start there.

Please explain how Amare starting will ever make sense.
  • usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 35,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    give him Harden in OKC type minutes off the bench. Not that it will matter in the end anways, Knicks are destine for a 1st round or second round exit.
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    give him Harden in OKC type minutes off the bench. Not that it will matter in the end anways, Knicks are destine for a 1st round or second round exit.

Nah, the East is attrocious. they can easily reach a 2nd seed, then lose to MIA in the conf. finals.

Knicks will not beat the Celtics
    dalyricalbanditits....JOHN B
  • NothingButTheTruthNothingButTheTruth Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Start him Immediately... Even if they get worse, it's Amare
    Amare should start when he comes back just to build chemistry. The Knicks will need him come playoff time against contenders. This regular season bullshit means nothing.

However, if he gets injured again, then I'm trading him. I can't stand injury prone players.
  • blackjack2012blackjack2012 Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bench him
  • af.r.i.c.a.af.r.i.c.a. Fuck your reactions Posts: 6,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    His contract is almost impossible to move. He should play the kevin mchale role and be the 6th man.
  • GhostdenithegawdGhostdenithegawd Posts: 7,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If amare can get back to form nobody can triple/ double melo
    Amare probably pissed, he was the first one to come to NY when no one wanted to come here. He had a great 2010 year, then Melo came and took over the team with his ball hogging ass and now everyone looks at him like he is a burden to the Knicks.
    VisionBOasisJusDre313
  • A$AP_A$TONA$AP_A$TON Aka Memphis Fleek Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trade him for another border line superstar... Even if getting a little lesser value, and bring them off the bench
    He makes too much money though. But I think a guy like David West would fit in good with that team, but it's not gonna happen.
  • MC The RapperMC The Rapper Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Him coming off the bench will make them a better team and a dangerous team going into the playoffs . Everybody has to make sacrifices to win and that's his .
  • alliedallied Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭
    That Memphis game it the exact game they need Amare to play in. He's gonna come off the bench but if he can buy into the defense he will be starting come playoff time.