Nas May Be Going To Jail Soon..

illedoutilledout Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in The Reason
He reportedly owe the state of Georgia
over $1million in taxes..

and he supposedly still owe the IRS $6million..

2514202_o.gif

He must got that fuck it attitude..
PK_TK_187

Replies

• stringer bellstringer bell Posts: 11,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmz.com/2012/11/20/nas-taxes-concert-live-nation/
    NAS
    The Tax Man Cometh ...
    For Rapper's Concert Cash

The State of Georgia is rooting for Nas to make a fortune on his concert tour ... because the government just got the green light to garnish a MILLION BUCKS from his earnings to repay a massive tax debt ... TMZ has learned.

The Georgia Department of Revenue has filed new legal docs in their effort to collect $1,083,435 from the rapper for taxes it claims Nas owes for the years 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010.

According to court docs, the GDR obtained an order commanding Live Nation -- the promo company behind Nas' tour with Lauryn Hill -- to garnish his wages until the dept is satisfied.

The tour is currently underway, and Nas-- who's also on the hook for millions in unpaid taxes to the federal government -- is sure to make a boatload of money.

A rep for Nas tells us the matter has recently been settled -- but the GDR insists the case is still open and they're trying to collect.

• Bawse D.LoxBawse D.Lox Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn.... this nigga was selling drugs as a teen and never got locked up for it. but is going to jail when he's damn near 40
    smh hope the homie bounce back
    #5a7ut3
  • supergangstersupergangster Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Life Is Good tour gonna give him bout 10 million. Nas keeps winning
  • lamontbdclamontbdc Posts: 16,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think he paid that IRS junt off. he better get them folks off his back. now L boogie ass bout to get locked up next week and sent to the ron isley/wesley snipes wing of prison
    illedoutCJ
  • 5th Letter5th Letter AKA 5th Element Posts: 27,379 Regulator
    why he keep not paying his taxes.
    edited November 2012
    Well atleast I wish I was Nas so I could get pussy everyday, bush daughter, jay z wife, playboy magazine girls
    Nah Soninfamous114Turfaholic
  • 5th Letter5th Letter AKA 5th Element Posts: 27,379 Regulator
    ask the person that banned yo.....I mean deathrowzorrow
    DMTxTHC
  • CirocObamaCirocObama Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jamaica wrote: »

If you're a minority would you wanna? I understand that you should if you don't want them on your back but other than that fuck the IRS. Got alot of us black folks out here paying and still get no rights, still nothing that helps our community, still get called niggers, still nothing that benefits us from the system, so fuck that and them crackas. It's just another form of extortion. Don't argue with me saying that taxes usually goes to this and that cuz it sounds good but it isn't the real world.
    killaguwoprip.dillaJYo79BarryHalls
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 19,395 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is it about niggas not payin taxes?
  • A1000MILESA1000MILES Posts: 13,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So...This is just to balance things out on the front page, huh...I C...
    texasdaking88
  • stringer bellstringer bell Posts: 11,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    It's kinda wild that Nas and Lauryn are going on tour to raise money for the U.S. gov't.

You cheat wit' government thugs, got the IRS pounding on you - Nas...
    edited November 2012
    ask the person that banned yo.....I mean deathrowzorrow

aha i gonna call him he got a girlfriend busy in the streets putin food on the table but unban him it would be great ! peace
    [Trillmatic]CJtb_soul rattler
  • black caesarblack caesar Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This just in. The State of Georgia got the green light to garnish his tour wages. Keep in mind that's just state taxes. He still has to pay back taxes federal. Here's the article from TMZ:

The State of Georgia is rooting for Nas to make a fortune on his concert tour ... because the government just got the green light to garnish a MILLION BUCKS from his earnings to repay a massive tax debt ... TMZ has learned. The Georgia Department of Revenue has filed new legal docs in their effort to collect $1,083,435 from the rapper for taxes it claims Nas owes for the years 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010. (TMZ)

According to court docs, the GDR obtained an order commanding Live Nation -- the promo company behind Nas' tour with Lauryn Hill -- to garnish his wages until the dept is satisfied. The tour is currently underway, and Nas-- who's also on the hook for millions in unpaid taxes to the federal government -- is sure to make a boatload of money. A rep for Nas tells us the matter has recently been settled -- but the GDR insists the case is still open and they're trying to collect. Pay your taxes, people. (TMZ)
  • CirocObama wrote: »

If you're a minority would you wanna? I understand that you should if you don't want them on your back but other than that fuck the IRS. Got alot of us black folks out here paying and still get no rights, still nothing that helps our community, still get called niggers, still nothing that benefits us from the system, so fuck that and them crackas. It's just another form of extortion. Don't argue with me saying that taxes usually goes to this and that cuz it sounds good but it isn't the real world.

co-sign if any black man should pay taxes to the goverment from the money he made from his art inspred by the the blood.sweat and tears he shed growing up in the ghetto then the goverment should return the money back to the community that's why the system made taxes at the first place.
    CirocObama
  • Black_SamsonBlack_Samson I drive a fast car... Posts: 48,165 Regulator
    wonder why they giving him so many different chances.

everyone else just gets locked up...
    [Deleted User]
  • sullysully Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol..Nas has basically made himself a slave.

He's gotta keep working until he pays his taxes.

It's funny in that it's ironic b/c he's always talking about being independent and free-thinking and about how he's not a slave. Now, at 40, he's put himself in a position to be enslaved by the government until his debt to them is repaid. He's gonna have to keep working or lose his freedom.
  • blackblocblackbloc Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tax man go harder then any police force when it comes to investigations. your better off moving bricks then dodging paying your taxes if your living that high life
    --vincenzo--
  • konceptjoneskonceptjones Old School Playa Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭✭✭
    life may need to imitate art in his case. He better pack up and catch that flight to some African country.