Grinnell College's Jack Taylor scores NCAA record 138 points

Reggie80Reggie80 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭

Grinnell's Jack Taylor didn't just amend the NCAA's record books when he scored 138 points -- a new collegiate high mark -- in his team's 179-104 victory over Faith Baptist Bible Tuesday night. The Division III star wrote a new chapter.

By the end of the night, Taylor was 52-for-108 (27-for-71 from the 3-point line) and he'd established a new collegiate record.

Taylor wasn't the only star of the game. Faith Baptist Bible's David Larson scored 70 points (34-for-44). But the two didn't discuss their parallel shooting success during the game, Taylor said.

Oklahoma Thunder star Kevin Durant also was astounded by the 108 shots.

"Jack Taylor you deserve a shot of Jack Daniels after that performance lol...wow," Durant tweeted.

Before Tuesday's mind-boggling performance, Taylor said he worked on his shot more than he had in the past. On Sunday and Monday, Taylor said, he took a "couple 100" shots before practice. Taylor had made just 11 of 41 shots entering Tuesday's game, struggles that inspired those extra reps.

It all paid off against Faith Baptist Bible.
purpngold
«1345

Replies

  • Dr. StitchDr. Stitch Posts: 734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we gone ignore the fact that dude shot almost 2 three's per minute...lol
    So ILL#1hiphopjunki3Young Stef
  • TheBossmanTheBossman The Voice of Mandela Posts: 15,831 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this sum run n' gun type shit. we got video of this? he must of been the only black dude on the court with a bunch of doogie hower's.

    was he playing on a fisher price court? something is off here....
  • TheBossmanTheBossman The Voice of Mandela Posts: 15,831 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    TheBossman wrote: »
    this sum run n' gun type shit. we got video of this? he must of been the only black dude on the court with a bunch of doogie hower's.

    was he playing on a fisher price court? something is off here....

    i was wrong dude was white, iight.


    dude got some stroke tho. nh

  • twizza 77twizza 77 Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBossman wrote: »
    TheBossman wrote: »
    this sum run n' gun type shit. we got video of this? he must of been the only black dude on the court with a bunch of doogie hower's.

    was he playing on a fisher price court? something is off here....

    i was wrong dude was white, iight.


    dude got some stroke tho. nh


    He didn't even play defense, he didn't run pass half court in the video, shit he just walked. he had 0 assists. Give him And 1 contract.
    mike06purpngoldYoung Stef
  • A$AP_A$TONA$AP_A$TON Aka Memphis Fleek Posts: 9,778 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Made Jimmer Fredette proud.
    Young Stef
  • blu197blu197 Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Not impressed @ all (no hate) dude threw up 108 shots to get 138pts, I mean kobe got 81 on 46 shots, my point is anybody can score 100 something pts when you throw 100+ shots... If you throw up that many shots you better be in hundreds in pts
  • blu197blu197 Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And 27 for 71 3pointers???? Lmaoo
    infamous114JusDre313nujerz84Young Stefthemadlionsfan
  • purpngoldpurpngold Posts: 6,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this nigga took more shot then the other team had points
    StoneColdMikeycoop9889#1hiphopjunki3Young Stef
  • purpngoldpurpngold Posts: 6,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    shots* and a cracker on the other team had 70 lol d3
  • ATTSATTS Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    purpngold wrote: »
    shots* and a cracker on the other team had 70 lol d3

    Urah....it was mentipned on sports center...d other cracker had 70 points....
  • Trollio Trollio Trollololololololololol Posts: 21,576 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It probably was a 8 foot goal to
    StoneColdMikey
  • caddo mancaddo man You cant @ me bro Posts: 15,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    His teammate and the D3 record with 108 points I think. That Mfer only scored 7 points this game.

    And that shit must have been defense optional. I know two NAIA teams that would run that team through.
  • caddo mancaddo man You cant @ me bro Posts: 15,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grinnell is known for its run-and-gun, bomb-from-three approach; in fact, Taylor broke his current teammate's Division III record, which was set just a year ago by Griffin Lentsch, who scored 89 in a 145-97 win over Principia.

  • Matt-Matt- Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    twizza 77 wrote: »
    TheBossman wrote: »
    TheBossman wrote: »
    this sum run n' gun type shit. we got video of this? he must of been the only black dude on the court with a bunch of doogie hower's.

    was he playing on a fisher price court? something is off here....

    i was wrong dude was white, iight.


    dude got some stroke tho. nh


    He didn't even play defense, he didn't run pass half court in the video, shit he just walked. he had 0 assists. Give him And 1 contract.

    this man scores one hundred and fuckin thirty eight points in a college basketball game and you are seriously gonna question the fact that he didn't have any assists?
    So ILLpurpngold#1hiphopjunki3
  • KeepOnPushingKeepOnPushing Posts: 17,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    blu197 wrote: »
    Not impressed @ all (no hate) dude threw up 108 shots to get 138pts, I mean kobe got 81 on 46 shots, my point is anybody can score 100 something pts when you throw 100+ shots... If you throw up that many shots you better be in hundreds in pts


    this nigga Kobe got mentioned in a D3 player thread some white boy named Jack Taylor and ya'll still had to bring up Kobe, my god smh


    Word lets compare a 5'10 D3 player to a top 10 Player of all-time ..


    and 52-108 is 48% bruh .....



    blu197 wrote: »
    And 27 for 71 3pointers???? Lmaoo


    38% from 3pt is pretty solid
    Matt-infamous114purpngold
  • KeepOnPushingKeepOnPushing Posts: 17,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Shit is disgusting.
    Not only did he NOT shoot a decent %, but he also had no assists, and judging by the score of the game; also did not play defense.
    'Ol 1-dimensional ass cracka.


    48% from FG , 38% from 3pt


    how is that "NOT decent" ..??? dude was barely out of 50% shooting


    #1hiphopjunki3
  • playmaker88playmaker88 You over did it holmes, you in the danger zone, you shouldn't be alone Posts: 52,039 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ppl hating on shootin percentage lol niggas are stupid... 48% is great from the perimeter .. ...oh the one clip iseen on SC when he broke the dbl team ... made me want to throw up that was the shittiest double i ever seen ....when im ballin and the rare time i double i tell the next dude to stagger basketball 101
    KeepOnPushing
  • Matt-Matt- Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So ILL wrote: »
    What was everybody else doing while he was gunning like that?

    That 'ol "Pass-the-ball-to-Tucker"-ass team lol...

    pretty much. after he already scored about 75 or so, you'd think the other teams coach would have figured out their gameplan. or if nothing else, a couple of guys should have had some flagrant fouls on him.
«1345
Sign In or Register to comment.