"BAD" Words

BodhiBodhi Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, so we all know some words in the English language aren't acceptable to use in any situation; usually termed "bad" words or curse words. Are you offended by curse words at any time and is there a right and a wrong situation, in your opinion, about when and what place to use them?
When you were growing up, did your parents stress over avoiding "inappropriate" language?
For those of you who have kids, how do you feel about their use of "bad" words?

Replies

• BookwormBookworm Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It irritates me when people curse all the time for no valid reason. It makes me think they have a very limited vocabulary.
    Already Home_17Recaptimus_Prime360CottonCitySlim
  • lol what a fockin twat
    1.gif
    LUClENrip.dillathuggish77
  • AmotekunAmotekun Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SInce I have no respect for the English language [it's really just a bunch of words cannibalized from older languages]
    IDGAF about speaking proper english or appearing to be well spoken and high mannered as I used to. English is a slave language to me. I place minimal value in it. Same as Spanish and French for niggas who think they are cultured because they speak another oppressor's tongue.

Bad words or "Curse" words to me are onyl valid if spoken in an older language where words literally have power,
    and where to curse some one meant you were cursing them not just calling them a motherfuckea.
    VIBEAlready Home_17
  • _Goldie__Goldie_ Clean Kicks & Tattoos Posts: 14,767 Regulator
    Fuck this bitch ass thread mothafucka...
    rip.dilla
  • Excessive "cursing" doesn't bother me, for I grew up getting cursed at on a constant basis...I just know to turn it down around certain crowds, out of a certain degree of respect...
    Lou_CypherVIBE
  • BiblicalAtheist BiblicalAtheist Prude OutskirtsPosts: 11,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use the f word as a verbal exclamation mark.
    Lou_Cypher
  • BodhiBodhi Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuck this bitch ass thread mothafucka...

shut the fuck up goddammit
    MrCrookedLetter
  • 1800skypager1800skypager Posts: 580 ✭✭✭
    never understood why "cunt" is considered so offensive

that's one of them white people insults I can't relate to............like calling someone a "tool"

'Cunt' is some English shit and everyone knows the English have the WOAT slang.

damobb2deep
  • JokerKingJokerKing Вони виявили, Ваш номер STATION в рамках цієї спільноти! Watching Jimmy Fallon With Barbara GordonPosts: 26,070 Regulator
    Amotekun wrote: »
    SInce I have no respect for the English language [it's really just a bunch of words cannibalized from older languages]
    IDGAF about speaking proper english or appearing to be well spoken and high mannered as I used to. English is a slave language to me. I place minimal value in it. Same as Spanish and French for niggas who think they are cultured because they speak another oppressor's tongue.

Bad words or "Curse" words to me are onyl valid if spoken in an older language where words literally have power,
    and where to curse some one meant you were cursing them not just calling them a motherfuckea.

Every language dervives from other languages
    VIBE
  • Stomp JohnsonStomp Johnson Get yo testifyin ass in the trunk nigga. Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carlin one of the GOATs. Didn't watch tho.
  • LUClENLUClEN Sociologist and Logician Alcoholic's Anonymous MeetingPosts: 17,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it amusing how people consider vulgarity symbolic of someone being beneath you rather than disrespect

These boujie motha fuckas will find a way to make an hierarchy out of anything
    Amotekun wrote: »

Every language dervives from other languages

I didnt say derived...I said cannibalized. As in pulling from all sorts of languages and then making rules up as they go.

Derived is some form of parentage...a root language a mother tongue.

Spanish french and italian are derived from latin..hence why they are called romance languages.

English has caarved out sections of german, then french, and middle english and old english which are
    basically two different languages. Shits crazy. Inconsistent rules. Arbitrary rules. etc...

• Lou_CypherLou_Cypher One Cold Ass Honkey It's Cold, AlaskaPosts: 28,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amo what language did you grow up speaking? since day 1.
    I grew up speaking a slave language like most other Black people I know.
    What freedom language do you speak?
    edited November 2012
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    What freedom language do you speak?

I am learning yoruba while also studying the gods of the orisha.

explaint he subtext of your questioning and stop trying to
    paint me into a corner. It's not clever, a thinly veiled ruse.

rip.dillaBodhimiamivice305
    Do many people speak yoruba?
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Do many people speak yoruba?

find out for yourself. I dont do cracca interrogations well. SO if you have a point
    I suggest you get to it.

Bodhimiamivice305
    Do you mean that in a "Brotha" type way or in a you hate me way?
    LUClEN
  • Trollio Trollio Trollololololololololol Posts: 21,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cuss out people even when giving them a compliment

Hey dumbass girl, you looking good in that dress

Hey egghead since you do smart do this homework for us nigga