Today is National Day of Mourning

AmotekunAmotekun Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
As you have carved your turkey and piled your plates high with food, remember that under all the pretenses, today you gather together to give thanks to the white men who ground the bones of this country's original people to dust.

Remember that this nation once composed of 300 million indigenous tribes who existed by their own right for countless years, and now they are but few. As you sip your beer and settle into easy chairs recall the lessons you have learned of the trail of tears, the many broken treaties, and the smallpox blankets. Remember that even during this time while white men were thanking their god for giving them this occupied land it was the so called savages who nursed them from the brink of death.

Call it what you want..thanksgiving...thanks taking...thanks for nothing. I just plain call it selling out.

tumblr_mdwao0B9Hj1qj171uo1_1280.jpg
BoldChildp-tavernJokerKingbuttuh_bjonoblackjack2012SixSickSinsSleepwalkingInJapandeadeyebignormCopperLurker6Recaptimus_Prime360blacktuxdamobb2deep5th LetterKingJamalBodhimanofmorehouseA.J. TrillzynskiJudah BackCoolJoeSo ILLSionAfrica United

Replies

• Melanin_Enriched Melanin_Enriched Your favorite basketball-american gentleman Posts: 20,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stuffing and turkey>>>>Indians
    damobb2deepGettinLo
  • KatKat You just do you..Imma do me :* Posts: 40,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that was a buzzkill.
    buttuh_bblackjack2012SixSickSinsSleepwalkingInJapandeadeyebignormpurpngoldCopperLou_CypherLurker6blacktuxOMEGA_CONFLICTBodhiGettinLoDisciplined InSightAfrica United
  • ShencotheMCShencotheMC KING Posts: 24,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    *licks gravy off of fingers*

Mhm, RIP to them and shit. Nigga pass the stuffing, shit.
    SleepwalkingInJapandamobb2deepBodhiGettinLo
  • AmotekunAmotekun Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    *licks gravy off of fingers*

Mhm, RIP to them and shit. Nigga pass the stuffing, shit.

You fail to draw a correlation between these people's genocide and
    the rape and murder of Africa.

Unsurprising

blackjack2012BarryHallsdamobb2deepmiamivice305
  • p-tavernp-tavern yeah its called im on the wideworldweb EVER HEARD OF IT???Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tell you what i told the fam at dinner, 'fuck white people'
    i think my grandmom hates me....
    Amotekun
  • Young GunnerYoung Gunner Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will enjoy this delicious cranberry sauce in their honor
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 20,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I completely agree with the OP. I don't celebrate the holiday in remembrance of genocide but in the spirit of family and friendship.

BOSSExcellence
    jono wrote: »
    I completely agree with the OP. I don't celebrate the holiday in remembrance of genocide but in the spirit of family and friendship.

Do you think the first celebrants gathered in the name of genocide? No they girded this festival in the pretense of family and friends. No one had ever celebrated thanksgiving with the thought of genocide, but the result remains the same. This festival commemorates a winter in which europeans were saved by the tribes only to turn around and kill them out of existence.

This is what this day is. Be real with yourself.

jonoCopperblacktuxSo ILL
  • loch121loch121 Posts: 10,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least they don't torture us w/ 40 Acres and Mule day
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 20,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amotekun wrote: »

Do you think the first celebrants gathered in the name of genocide? No they girded this festival in the pretense of family and friends. No one had ever celebrated thanksgiving with the thought of genocide, but the result remains the same. This festival commemorates a winter in which europeans were saved by the tribes only to turn around and kill them out of existence.

Its not about what OTHER people celebrate it for. You can't change the past bruh. I'm not going to punish myself by denying myself good food, libations and good company because of what OTHER people were about.

All America's holidays celebrate death, killing and rapacious behavior and I reject the sentiments totally that America or those days are something to be thankful for.

However, it would be an equal crime for me to tell my very own mama who birthed me, and spent days preparing this meal that I won't partake because of indians over a hundred years ago...its just not logical. If it were just me I wouldn't be involved at all but this is a time to spend a few precious minutes with those you may not have seen in a long time and to remember those you will never see again.

I mourn the losses of the Natives, I'm saddened by it...truly but no way I'm telling mama to dump the candied yams over them. They will just have to understand.
    Amotekun wrote: »

Its not about what OTHER people celebrate it for. You can't change the past bruh. I'm not going to punish myself by denying myself good food, libations and good company because of what OTHER people were about.

All America's holidays celebrate death, killing and rapacious behavior and I reject the sentiments totally that America or those days are something to be thankful for.

However, it would be an equal crime for me to tell my very own mama who birthed me, and spent days preparing this meal that I won't partake because of indians over a hundred years ago...its just not logical. If it were just me I wouldn't be involved at all but this is a time to spend a few precious minutes with those you may not have seen in a long time and to remember those you will never see again.

I mourn the losses of the Natives, I'm saddened by it...truly but no way I'm telling mama to dump the candied yams over them. They will just have to understand.

Culture of compromise. this is who we've become.

I wonder who will mourn africa?
    manofmorehousemiamivice305
  • fortyacres&amulefortyacres&amule wubalubadubdub Posts: 15,291 Regulator
    they lost

i will dedicate the movie avatar to them
    edited November 2012
    they lost

i will dedicate the movie avatar to them

....and Blacks didnt take an L?

At the very least they maintain their cultural pride
    for the most part despite being nearly wiped out.

‎"Why does the Black man say, 'freedom is doing what I want to do!' and why is it that every thing he 'wants to do' enriches the European?" - Dr. Amos Wilson
    blacktuxmanofmorehousemiamivice305
  • VIBEVIBE Aww! It's a new day, yes, it is! Posts: 42,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Survival of the Fittest.

It's all nature, like it or not.
    A.J. Trillzynski
    If it was "unnatural" then we wouldn't be here, now would we?

Disciplined InSight
    LOL

I ain't even trying to go back and forth with you, it's funny as hell though.
    VIBE wrote: »
    LOL

I ain't even trying to go back and forth with you, it's funny as hell though.

You cant go back and forth with truth.
    Only thing you have in your sense of
    white entitlement, but that shit is null
    against knowledge.

Its why @mzgrahambitches cant say shit just hit reactions.
    She knows deep down in her genes she nothing
    but a murderous pig. You try to halfway play
    it as natural but there is nothing natural about
    any of what europeans do.

SixSickSinsCopperJudah Backmiamivice305
    I don't get it...

You hate all white people because of shit some other white people did in the past, right? So hating current whites does what now? You buy "the white mans" shit to live with; houses, technology, food, movies, TV shows, books etc... So you hate them, but you buy into their shit.

So much for really hating them, right?

You also bitch about how fucked up it is that the white man fucked your people and others, then say you wish it upon current white people who had nothing to do with it period.

You label white people today; horrible, racist, liars, murderers etc.. That label is called racism btw, but you say all that and it does what? Sure you can yank plenty of articles to say "oh look", but again, it does what?

Ah, there's no point to even talk this bullshit racism shit, it's babyish an pointless and so stupid.

If you wanna worry about the white man and worry about Hating them, then go ahead broski. There's too much time and effort out in to bitching about something you hate so much. It's like an atheist constantly bitching about religion, they believe in no god so what's the point to constantly argue it? What's the point to constantly argue what some white men did years ago when you absolutely hate them and want nothing to do w their "holidays"?

Shit is all pointless man, we both know it. All this labeling shit is preschool playground name calling.
  • Matt-Matt- Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭

i don't think anyone thinks about the pilgims and the indians on thanksgiving. other than maybe kindergartners
    edited November 2012
    VIBE wrote: »
    I don't get it...

You hate all white people because of shit some other white people did in the past, right? So hating current whites does what now? You buy "the white mans" shit to live with; houses, technology, food, movies, TV shows, books etc... So you hate them, but you buy into their shit.

So much for really hating them, right?

You also bitch about how fucked up it is that the white man fucked your people and others, then say you wish it upon current white people who had nothing to do with it period.

You label white people today; horrible, racist, liars, murderers etc.. That label is called racism btw, but you say all that and it does what? Sure you can yank plenty of articles to say "oh look", but again, it does what?

Ah, there's no point to even talk this bullshit racism shit, it's babyish an pointless and so stupid.

If you wanna worry about the white man and worry about Hating them, then go ahead broski. There's too much time and effort out in to bitching about something you hate so much. It's like an atheist constantly bitching about religion, they believe in no god so what's the point to constantly argue it? What's the point to constantly argue what some white men did years ago when you absolutely hate them and want nothing to do w their "holidays"?

Shit is all pointless man, we both know it. All this labeling shit is preschool playground name calling.

you are stupid.

whether its willfully or otherwise the
    result is the same.

Armed only with your sense of entitlement
    you realize you had nothing to begin with at
    all.

Yes I hate white people because I love my people
    and the sheer ignorance to believe that what your
    ancestors did has nothing to do with what you pigs
    do now is laughable.

Yes black dependency on europeans, that must all
    be completely voluntary and dissolve any claim to
    righteous hatred.

Fool.
    VIBEA.J. Trillzynskimiamivice305
    It has absolutely nothing to do w me and other whites. That's like saying that because a black man does something like a crime or sells drugs, that all must be like that.

You're like the people you hate, you're a racist; you're judgmental, hateful, arrogant, ignorant etc...

Can't deny that.
    PK_TK_187bkkbullymiamivice305