What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

LCA Movie of the Week: Ninja Scroll

genocidecuttergenocidecutter Posts: 17,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Gives us back images in sigs
huey#1hiphopjunki3KingJamaldogfromduckhuntgnsVulcanRavenSionvageneral08Dr.Chemixlouis richAmotekundallas' 4 evaMeta_ConsciousHarlemThumzUpjonokzzl

Replies

• genocidecuttergenocidecutter Posts: 17,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah..you're so late. Dope classic.

It is
    Gives us back images in sigs
  • ragerage Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's the greatest anime film of all time, but I guess I'm somewhat in the minority with that.

/thread
    TomBradyFiredUp_original.gif?1355198489
  • MC The RapperMC The Rapper Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah its the greatest anime movie of all times and I think your in the majority on that
    ghost!Meta_Conscious
  • vagrant-718vagrant-718 Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goat anime

they fucked up w/ resurrection
    genocidecutter#1hiphopjunki3Meta_Conscious
  • Maximus RexMaximus Rex Pulchritudo in Conspectu Regis The EmpreyanPosts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    It isn't hyperbole when niggas say Ninja Scroll is one of the greatest animes of all time. I can also understand why niggas would make arguments that it is the greatest ever. Ninja Scroll is in the same league with Akira, Vampire Hunter D, Project Ako, and Legend of the Overfiend.

Question, how did Jubei killed the Blind Ninja, if potna could hear his movements?
    Oakland+Athletics+1200.jpg

“There are three types of baseball players: those who make it happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happens.”―Tommy Lasorda
    #1hiphopjunki3gns
  • themadlionsfanthemadlionsfan Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • hueyhuey Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It isn't hyperbole when niggas say Ninja Scroll is one of the greatest animes of all time. I can also understand why niggas would make arguments that it is the greatest ever. Ninja Scroll is in the same league with Akira, Vampire Hunter D, Project Ako, and Legend of the Overfiend.

Question, how did Jubei killed the Blind Ninja, if potna could hear his movements?

superior skill? idk, those bamboo stalks werent doing much
    d[-_-]b

Enoch VI-VII
  • #1hiphopjunki3#1hiphopjunki3 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've bought this shit and downloaded it at least 20 times. It is by far my favorite Anime
    genocidecutter
  • KingJamalKingJamal Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo when he headbutted ol boy at the end I felt that shit
    I wanna take you higher...
    genocidecuttergnsAmotekunGhostdenithegawd
  • dogfromduckhuntdogfromduckhunt Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    This, Ghost In The Shell and Record of Lodoss War were the first anime's I ever saw. Might pick up the bluray if the reviews are good.
    tumblr_n79ndbsAMz1qeoi4jo1_400.gif
  • CopperCopper The WickPosts: 49,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    def a classic ...but not better than champloo
    rocket-2.gif
    hueyMeta_Consciouszombie
  • gnsgns Bleeding 24/7 Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012

Dude was about to kill Jubei but the fact that ole girl threw that dagger in the bamboo above Jubei' head, it blocked him and gave our hero the chance he needed.

Goat for mentioning Overfiend though...saw that shit as a teenager, fucked me up for life...good times.
    Maximus Rex
  • Bcotton5Bcotton5 Posts: 51,831 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol all these recent threads are the only animes I know about I dont follow any of that new shit
    genocidecutter
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 45,447 Regulator
    edited November 2012
    Got dayum with all due respect to @TheBossman I'm going to have to sticky this just outta general principle fam.....

IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
    genocidecutter
  • ShencotheMCShencotheMC KING Posts: 26,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gotta watch this whole thing. Last time I only saw up to the one part where it was a chick who had like a poison pussy or poison lips...that might have been a different movie though...hmm
  • High RevolutionaryHigh Revolutionary Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    yeah its the greatest anime movie of all times and I think your in the majority on that

You may be right, in my experience though whenever I said this in the past it was always people claiming otherwise.
    e4bda11ceda511e2940222000a1fbd52_7.jpg

• vageneral08vageneral08 Fuck how ya feel Posts: 19,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got this shit mad dope.....la the darkman used some scenes in one of his videos
    genocidecutter
  • MC The RapperMC The Rapper Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CopperKing wrote: »
    def a classic ...but not better than champloo

Champloo is a series . Ninja Scroll is one movie , it has a series which is decent but the Movie is the best Anime Movie I've ever scene.
  • Dr.ChemixDr.Chemix Posts: 11,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ninja Scroll, Akira, and Demon City were the first three flicks that got me into anime...in that order.

You gotta understand, when NS dropped, the sheer magnitude of a "cartoon" movie with it's unflinching violence was just not as acceptable as it is now. Shit was groundbreaking...

The principle, YOUR academics inadmissiable
    You're indefensible, my style is so comprehensible
    Cats take it to heart like a ventricle
    You temporary like a weather pattern
    Forgot. I'm like you never happened
    Don't never say whatever happened to Mos?
    My light shine boast from the East to the Left Coast..

199164-Akira.jpg
    Meta_ConsciousDupac
  • TheBossmanTheBossman It All Started With A StarterCoat Posts: 19,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion. wrote: »
    Got dayum with all due respect to @TheBossman I'm going to have to sticky this just outta general principle fam.....

nigga could of atleast aknowledge me copping my thread and shit. atleast i let it be known your started this off @Sion.
    #thisishiphop #ThisIsSmoothRnB track of the week.
    tumblr_oq107bw6Mq1rhttapo1_1280.png
    genocidecutter
  • jee504jee504 Posts: 6,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    never watched it but i'ma have to give it a look though. closest i came to anime was The Animatrix. and one of my favorite shows when i was younger i think the name was Ronin Warriors.
    i catch some of those anime movies on the late night when its on cartoon network and/or sci-fi channels
  • louis richlouis rich BeantownPosts: 2,014 ✭✭✭✭

Legend of the Overfiend is in a league of its own, 1 of the 1st anime i ever saw, never seen NOTHING like it
  • AmotekunAmotekun Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ninja Scroll is definitely on of the GOATS but yall sleepin on 8man and Tank Police.
    tumblr_mob49dKdjE1r0bbnbo1_500.gif
    tumblr_mljib4JBUr1s5xurzo1_500.gif

genocidecutterCopper